I can't increase my lucidity enough!

This is the second time something like this has happened. I was in a dream, and this guy was chasing me, perhaps trying to hurt me. But as I was happening I realized it was a dream. I started saying “I’m dreaming. I’m dreaming.” To get super speed or fly or something but it wasn’t working. Finally I was able to fly but as I was flying he flew too and was still chasing me. I kept saying “This is a dream. This guy can’t hurt me.” but I still ran and was still scared for my life. Then I finally got too excited about it and woke up.

Is there any way to make myself more lucid? Is saying “I’m dreaming” the wrong thing to say (its the first thing that always pops in my head in a dream)? Thanks in advance.

You did the right thing. You just need to OVERCOME your fears. :smile: The more you run away from your fears, the more they will chase you.

Just turn back and face your fear… knowing that you’re dreaming. I promise you won’t die from this. :grin: You might be surprised of what it has to say. :smile: Ask it some questions like, “Why are you chasing me?” It might give you a shocking answer…

I shall say no more because if I say more, the surprises are no longer the surprises.

I had a similar dream last night in which I pissed off my dad causing him to come after me. I realized that I was dreaming at the end but I was so scared that I woke up. I commend you for fighting the temptation to wake up. Now all you have to do is face your nightmare assailant head on.

Ive been doing this sporadically for years. Only one of my LDs was of a high enough level to gain good control. I have difficulty with this most of all. A lot of times its almost as though I have trouble concentrating. My awareness fades and I go back to a normal dream. Its sort of frustrating. Like a mental block. Often I have the realization that I amin a dream but almost immediately begin to accept dream logic instead of taking charge.

Not sure what to do about it.

Thanks for the replys.

Next time I have a dream like that I’ll try to remember to face it head on. Its just that every time something like that happens, no matter what I do, I always stay scared. During the dream I described in the first post after I realized I was dreaming I did turn around to face it a couple times, but right before he reached me both times I continued running (or flying) away from him.

In other dreams too I have trouble becoming very lucid. I’ll keep telling myself that I’m dreaming, but only gain a little control. Even if I’m totally sure that It’s not real. This gets pretty frustrating after a while. I want to become completely lucid!