Death. *brrr*

Have you ever dreamed of dying in your dreams? Or like, have you almost died? I’ve had at least a dozen of those.

There was this one time when I was at an airport and I was sitting in a plane with all the other passengers when a Concorde suddenly came right at us and crashed into us. I can still remember the reactions of the other passengers and the terrifyied faces of the pilots of both planes. I also recall me crying and screaming that I don’t want to die… :eek:

Yeah. Anyway, I’m curious. Write about your “deadly” dreams, lol! :smile:

I’ve had lots of dying dreams in my childhood, but now I don’t have them as much. In most of those dreams I drowned or died from falling. In one of my more recent dreams, I was drowning, but I survived at the last moment. Turned out later that my parents where already planning memorials for me, 'cause they thought I was dead :eek:.

I was shot only once in a dream (as far as I remember). At first it was terrible but then I thought “well this is it, I’m finally dead.” The only thing I felt was a beautiful tranquility and peace. No images, only blackness and just peace. It was great but it lasted for only 10-15 seconds.

I’ve had a few dreams where I’ve died. They usually aren’t scary or anything. A few times I went to heaven afterward, and once I came back as a ghost.

I’ve had dreams where my family died, too, and those are worse.

I’ve only actually died in my dreams once, and that was by getting crunched by a monster. It felt pretty unpleasant, but it didnt hurt.

I’ve dreamed about being about to/going to die more than that though. The worst was dreaming I had an incurable, deadly disease, and resigning myself to my fate… only to wake up and realize it had all been just a dream o_o. Well I felt relieved, to say the least.

I have died a number of times in my dreams. The latest I was stabbed in the back. I had a feeling similar to the way mystic described it, very peaceful almost contentment.

I dreamed I was caught in an extremely strong wind that I resisted by holding onto a fence, which eventually gave out, sending me high into the air and then crashing down. I died on impact, and saw my dead body from a third person perspective.

Yup, I’ve died but only once that I can remember. It was a few months ago. It was a driving dream. That is, a dream about being in a moving car. I have these often, probably because of my fear of getting in an accident. After a bunch of exaggerated scary things happening (going on the totally wrong side of the road, other cars doing everything wrong, etc.) we were on the wrong side of the road and trying to get out of that position. We were stopped so cars weren’t speeding by and just barely missing us or anything. One guy tried to help but he crashed just a little bit into us and then this big semi-truck came right for us, tried to turn out of the way and the whole thing fell on us.

I became lucid after that! :happy: But I was dead. Everything was a brownish/black color.

Very often i kill myself to end a dream. The LDs I have, almost always end with me killing myself in some artistic style bonus ways. :gni:

Jumping off high buildings, getting ran over by a huge truck, or my personal favourite: Jump high into the air and fly into one of those airplanes’ huge turbines. RRRR TSHAK TSHAK TSHAK

It always hurts like hell, but that’s the point. I kill myself in my dreams, because I wake up when I do it in a lucid. I remember my dreams better if I decide when they stop.

Yea. I can still remember this one in perfect detail i had as a little kid. These tigers were attacking me and my family, and one of them clawed open my stomach, and i remember it hurt so much, and then it got really peaceful and warm out of nowhere. And i woke up having pissed myself

Yeah, I had a dream where I was observing this guy walking around. I was sort of in his body, but just as an observer. Whenever anything significant happened, four symbols would appear in the centre of my field of vision to represent it. Then this guy fell down a hole, and four skull-and-crossed-bones appeared. So I though, “oh my god, I must be…dead…”, and that sent a shiver along my whole body. Then I woke up. 'Twas pretty scary.