Could use some advice...

Hello everyone, I’ve been poking through this forum pretty frequently for the last 5 days after I read about lucid dreaming. It sounds like the most interesting thing I have ever heard, and considering that I am very creative, and imaginative - I am very excited about having a lucid dream.

The closest thing Ive had so far (dont even know if it was anything) was 2 days ago when I was trying to take a WILD nap. I remember sort of floating out of my body (and trying to keep going higher) and I also remember vibrations and sounds like a freakin bowing 747 was right nexto me.

Anyway, I have a question about a technique Im thinking about:
going to bed and really wanting to remember your dreams. If I wake up before 5 I will try the MILD method, and then when I wake up at 5 (alarm clock) I will try the WILD method (im thinkin music). does this sound good?

I know this was a long post, but any advice would be MUCH appreciated.

Well, ok, welcome, to start with. To be honest, I don’t think you should worry about WILD or anything like that to start with. It disrupts your sleep and ruins your life permanently. Ok, not really, but it’s still needless to start with. Just concentrate on reality checks and the like.

Of course, I’m probably biased, so be sure not to take me too seriously. And (I just re-read your post) if you’re getting vibrations and you’ve only been going for 5 days, you’re doing well, so maybe you should continue with that approach.

shrug

Yeah, it sounds like you’re really close to WILD. Check out the BIG WILD topic in “Quest for Lucidity” (I think). That will clear up any questions you may have. Other than that, keep a dreamjournal! :happy:

Well, the very first day I started trying to recall dreams I remembered 3. And have recalled one every night - last night I recorded a 2 page dream, with alot of description and even a simple mad of a resturant, and where I was in it.

I have been doing reality checks constantly (evertime I put my hands in my pocket, and everytime I enter of exit (harder for some reason) a building, and also whenever I rememeber to). When I do a RC I also look at my surroundings to notice things.

Im out of school for the summer, and I dont need to worry about sleep right now, so I think I’m gonna try that method I showed u. Anybody have any advice on my method?