does irregular sleep affect LDs

ok i’ve been using the summer to get some serious lucid dreaming training in. and this week i had 4 lucid dreams 4 nights in a row. my streak ended when i had to go to work (i have 3 graveyard shifts a week) i sleep a lil before my shit and sleep a lil afterward, but i couldn’t remember any of the dreams i had last night (or morning-afternoon rather) :neutral:

Yes, irregular sleep schedule can affect your dream recall and your ability to become lucid. Myself have experienced it last week. For the entire week, I didn’t remember my dreams except one night (I only had 4 hours of sleep a night). Once I got my sleep schedule back in its regular schedule, my dream recall improves a lot. I’m starting to have LDs again.

Have fun with your graveyard shift job! :content:

Lieve dromen (sweet dreams!) :wiske:

Onei, what method/tehcnique do you use to get so many LDs (like four of them four nights in a row!)?

tride, remember how in your thread about having difficulty LDing how i suggested that you try not trying until you learn how to try w/o trying too hard

that streak of mine was when i was in a groove of trying without trying too hard. i had the mentality of “man i finally get to sleep the whole night through, hey i might even have a lucid dream” and then i fantasized about flying (my favorite dream activity) until i fell asleep if i remember correctly (i posted this topic a month ago :smile:)

but don’t think that that lil streak of mine was in anyway indicative of my normal results. i’m usually lucky to have one LD a week. but don’t worry man, you’ll get it, just relax, let it happen

Yes it does, I have been getting to bed at different times, im trying to get to bed between 12-4 right…See if I can get a patern going :smile:

That’s the same thing that happened to me… I was trying to LD so hard, and since I was having no success, I thought “I’ll try later. I need a good long rest…”

…and BOOM! Out of nowhere, I get my first, fully interactive lucid dream. It only lasted roughly three minutes, but it beats my past record of five seconds… Heh.

Sometimes, I guess, and LD comes out of nowhere… I was very frustrated and was about to give the whole LD thing a rest until later, and you read what happened.

Yes, it works when you don’t try to have a lucid dream. As I have seen a lot… sometimes people are trying way too hard to have a lucid dream; thus, they didn’t succeed in having even one LD. Why? (I already said the answer, look it up for yourself :wink: ).

If you feel like you’re trying too hard. Just give it all up. Go to bed and get full rest. :wink: Then yeah you might have a LD. Remember that. :grin:

I wish you the best journey in lucid land! Lieve dromen (sweet dreams!) :wiske: