Fever Dreams

I remember having scary hallucinations/dreams as a young child when I had a fever. I don’t know if it was the fever itself that caused this or the type of medication i took that caused this. But anyhow, one recurring theme of these dreams/hallucinations (the only one that I can remember now, although I’m sure I had more) was sort of a claustrophobic tidal wave effect that seemed to last forever. I would be asleep or lying down with my eyes open in some sort of a trance and I would feel (more than see) some huge wave approaching me. This would cause me to feel very frightened, but there was nothing I could do. I would be totally out of it that I would lose all sense of identity and my entire being would be transfixed on this scary feeling of a huge wave coming closer by the second but never approaching me. I would eventually snap out of this trip for a second but I would seem to go into another weird trip right afterwards. Keep in mind that this happened only when I was very young with a very high temperature.

Does anyone else recall any bizarre dreams/hallucinations/experiences you had when you had a fever? Also, does anyone have a scientific or spiritual interpretation of this phenomenon? Is there any evidence that high temperatures alter our brain waves?

i can give you a possible explination. sensory deprivation. In a fever some people find that they lose some senses, smell, hearing in a bad fever can be effected (particularly when coupled with a blocked nose) then the fact the room would have been dark.

this would help explain the feeling of claustrophobia and the medication maybe have enduced a slight consciousness shift too, had you not been scared it could have induced and AP or OBE of some kind.

As for not feeling it anymore, you probably still do. Just that you are older now and used to the syptoms you got and you most likely just ignore them now.

Since alot of Child medications used to have something to help you sleep, that may have also helped cause the claustrophobic feelings.

As for high temperatures altering our brainwaves, i can’t really say. But as was said on another post, when your temperature goes up melatonin production goes down and thus many LDers say they have more productive LDs. So ata high temperature you could be producing a fair amount of melatonin which would certainly effect you some what.

read the post https://www.xs4all.nl/~pasquale/TTM/r1/index.html?https://www.slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=3270 for a little more on that issuse.

I think it isn´t just about the temperature (although that might affect your dreaming as well).
Whenever I feel (physically) really bad, I tend to have weird, often senseless and exhausting dreams.They are definately different from my normal dreaming.
Don´t need to be sick, it also happened to me after drinking way too much alcohol and feeling bad.

When this happens, I also seem to mix up realities.I could be daydreaming (still awake), but although I know that it is just a daydream I somehow just don´t care and act like it was real.Then it can happen that I am lying on my bed eyes closed, but talking to some invisible person.I usually know that I do this and that it is weird, but still I don´t care.
Then those daydreams can also mix up with “real” dreams.

In those (rare) situations, I´d like the images to go away, but as soon as I close my eyes they start coming.And if I try to keep the eyes open to avoid those daydreams, I can´t go to sleep and therefore can´t get better.And after some time I close my eyes anyway, I just can´t manage to keep them open, it´s too exhausting…

I don´t really have an explanation, but I think it isn´t that strange that if your whole body is messed up your dreams are as well

Traumgänger

OOOH, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!
I actually still have FD problems but only when i have the flu BAD. It’s always the same dream (when I’m awake). I’ll explain the dream to you guys ( don’t laugh, but then again why should you?) It starts out in a sorta “craft store” (so i believe) and there are some people in the store, especially these old ladies (I mean the golden girls old), the Manager, and Superman. There is this high pitch squeel I hear constantly throughout the dream/hallucination. NOw everyone seems to be talking quietly among the squeel. It seems that Superman is looking for something and the old ladys grabbed the last item off the shelf. ( this is my most common fever dream, but all of my FDs have this item. it’s a sorta thin and slippery metal wire like soter (SP?)) Now Super man starts getting angry at this and stars to yell about how he needs it (when he starts to yell the squeel seems to get louder, not higher pitch…LOUDER!) He starts yelling something like “… I don’t care HOW MUCH IT IS!!!”.Now this is when i start freaking out, I mean I’m breathing hard,sometimes on the verge of tears, and I’ll get up and walk around nervously while this “performance” plays in my head with this awfullyloud high pitch tone in my ears. Just re-playing it in my head now freaks the crap outta me, even adding another scene in my head to the same frequency sound (which always overwhelms all other sound in the “hallucinations”) freaks me out! also at the end of this, I always am looking around (really, not in a dream, in the real world where all this is taking place. Im never asleep.) and I always seem to notice that my hand always looks smaller!

anybody got anything to say about this?