December 21st, Midnight, 2012-- End of The World

As many people know the Mayans, who where VERY VERY intellegent, predicted that the world would end for the 5th (might be wrong about the 5th) and final time. It is the end of the Mayan calander, which has predicted every sunset and sunrise almost to the min. You can find more info on this on the net…
So what do u think?
Bullshit or Bye-bye? Personally i have no idea, but i wouldn’t rule it out. One thing i know for sure: I will get no sleep December 21st 2012…

PS: I’m guessing its mid night Central time as thats were the mayans lived, correct me if i’m wrong…

yeah i heard that too…the mayans were amazingly intelligent people…i think it might happen but then again i have my doubts. kinda.

Yeah, I’ve heard that too. I was obsessed over it for a little while, and in that time I’ve found a lot of information about it. I know there have been a lot of false “end of the world” predictions in the past, but this one kind of caught my attention, I don’t know why. I’m not sure what to think of it anymore, but like Neo said, I’m not exactly going to be quite carefree on December 21. I’m gonna try not to let it bother me till then though. :smile:

It’s all a matter of cosmology (a rare alignment between the sun and the galactic plane). You can read it all here:
grahamhancock.com/forum/JenkinsJM2-p1.htm

Nothing I’ve read has suggested that the Mayans believed 2012 would bring the end of the world, except for knee-jerk reactions from apocalyptic paranoiacs.

December 2012 is the end of a particular cycle, and they probably believed that some change would be brought about during that time. No big fireworks though.

I heard someone suggest that when the Mayan calendar runs out what’ll happen is the same as what’ll happen when the clock on your VCR runs out: Nothing.

I occasionally lurk around other Lucid dreaming/Astral projection forums, and a scary number of people (most of whom seem to hang out at the Astral Pulse forums) believe that come 2012 there will be a huge demonic war during which we’ll be called upon to use our psychic powers in heroic defence of earth.

If anyone starts suggesting that here I’m going to bang my head against the wall until it all goes away.

Yeah im with you bcj… btw i think the world wont end that day, it will end probably february 30, 4172. 0_o

i will have to look into this sounds interesting.

But if the mayans really were that intelegent they i believe the time of the end will be UTC (universal time) which is the same as GMT.

c’mon man, the end of the world sounds fun. you can just sleep through it, wake up, and tell all your firends that you had the CRAZIEST dream

I think its totally bullshit… There has been so many armageddon predictions… everyone of them was bull… The world was actually supposed to end the 14th of may or so 2003, something about the 10th planet nebula or some crap like that… Even was countdown on sites hosted by believers, most was taken down the day after :wink: I wonder what date they will use next… There was also some other prediction about the world was going to end on 1th june… but i have no clue who predicted that.

yeah i can see your point tomas. I am pretty sure that the world won’t end, but theres still a little part of me that says it might. And its not like some phyco just made the day up, it was predicted by the mayans many years ago. But ya it just might be that the mayans where lazy and didn’t want to continue the calander. I read somewhere that the mayan calander is in numbers or something and the last date is 13.00.00.00.00 or something like that. And 13 is unlucky… i dunno :confused:

Yeah, I think this is rubbish, and even if it were true, why live in fear of an end that you cant help?
Well, the Mayans were smart. Smart for the TIME and PLACE they lived in. Sure, they were smart enough to have a good calender, but also dumb enough to fall for a Spanish ploy that involed some mysterious disease that could only be cured with gold. They gave the Spanish a pretty nice sum of gold to cure this disease that the Spanish had cooked up, and on top of that, ended up getting wiped out.
Yup, real smart. :eh:
Plus, at the end of each of those cycles mentioned earlier, (I dunno what you would actually call them) the world is reborn, not destroyed. And even if this is the final cycle, that still doesn’t garuntee an apocolypse, and…
who say’s they’re right?
I remember the 10th planet thing as well. It was a little after the first week of June, and I thought, “Oh yeah, those guys though we’d be dead by now.” I can imagine the looks on their faces, either really relieved or really embarrassed.
And my final rant…
Im not directing this at the Mayans, 'cause this was part of a cultural religion that was around for 100’s of years anyway, but were do these Dooms Day types get the nerve to advertise this tripe?! Some people (and I’m not directing this at anyone, nor do I mean it to be offencive) are very gullable. These guys are needlessly frightening people. Do they get some kinda perverse kick out of it? Uhhh… :bored: Some people are messed.
Well, I got that out of my system.

I don’t see really what the big point is…I mean its human nature. People have been predicting the world’s end, the second it began. Remember y2k, every one was like “this is the real thing, no joke. get ready for the anti-christ.” And who knows, maybe its just the end of the mayans . maybe like on that day the last decendant of the Mayans dies, or all their temples are destroyed. The aztecs had a famous poet leader, who predicted the end of the Aztecs to the day, the day when the spaniards came and slaughtered them all. I don’t really think theres so much to worry about…

A couple of years ago I recall watching a documentary in which a religious man was interviewed about his ‘End of the World’ prophecy. He was pointing at various maps of Iran, reading quotes from the Bible, and talking about how there is absolutely NO way he could be wrong. He made some loose connections to a small lake somewhere in the Iran/Iraq area and closed his book with a definitive statement that the world WILL end, midyear 2003. I thought about this a few months ago, and reminded myself to take note of when it doesn’t happen, so I can play out a fantasy interrogation.

The interview was actually quite insulting, as the man sat upright and spoke in a ‘I’m definitely right, and that’s the end of it’ tone of voice. He said “The world will end in June 2003.” to which the interviewer replied “Well, what if it doesn’t? Can I come to you and tell you that you are wrong?”. The man then replied in a childish voice “Sure you can, because I can tell you right now, there is no way the world will not end on this exact date. No way at all.”

Well, June’s almost over, I guess we’ll be seeing soon.
But the Bible, all that stuff could be interpreted in so many ways, how could he be so sure of himself? All well.

That’s right, Josh. You can interpret the Bible in any way you see fitting. Apparently he made all kinds of links with real-world events before coming to the conclusion that the Armageddon was scheduled for this year. It might have been July, I can’t really remember (this was on TV several years ago). I’m sure a brief google search would return countless prophecies that aren’t going to happen. Hell, each day we successfully wake up alive probably defies someone’s prior ‘End of the World’ estimation.

Perhaps Mayans just disappeared before they finished the calander? :grin:

And most of those “end of the world is coming” predictions don´t say what causes the “end”, it´s just “end”.
Asteroid? War? Aliens or Satan? LOL! lol:

I´m full this “end” sh*t, almost every week there is new end coming.
BOOOORING! :smile:

Sorry for my poor english :sad:

Damn you, you just beat me to making the same point.

it’s such a ridiculous, pointless statement to say the world will end. It’s like saying ‘Tomorrow afternoon my eyeballs will end’, it’s ludicrous unless you specify exactly what’s going to happen, and why.

And it’s worth pointing out that 100% of all End-of-the-World predictions have failed to come true. That’s not a great record, I mean if a couple had come true in the past it’d make this one a little more likely… :wink:

:crying: Oh no! Burning lake awaits!

Yep, waste of time.
Some of them tells what will happen, Example:
“There will be coming asteroids from the sky, nuclear missiles will be shot, war is coming” and so on.
But WHY?

If those doomsday prophits were even half as smart as they take themselves to be they would give us the low down on why the world is supposedly going to end so that we could do something about it.

…And by that I mean the cause of a war, for example, not, “A planets going to aline with Uranus and we’re gonna all use are psychic powers to fight Satan,” or something like that.