Questions in Post! Help =/

1. I was wondering if in an ld, externel sounds would be heard inside an ld? like if i were to play some music from diablo 2 or neverwinternights would i hear it in a ld?

2. Lately when I do my look arounds and rc’s I notice how easy it is to tell if im dreaming, i mean everything is static and is normal. Watches Work. Subjects teacher talk about what there supposed too, but in my dreams i never do rc’s!!! or so i think… is it maybe because i dont have good enough dream recall, read below!

3. When people say you must atleast rememmber lets say, 1 dream, per night. Do they mean the whole full on dream pretty well? Because I never rememmber a whole dream only small flashes, even if i wake up straight from it!! any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. External sounds can be heard an can be used to make it so you realize you are dreaming. They can also keep you awake and wake up up from sleep, so be careful. I try my “relaxing” songs and end up staying awake.

My request: Hey i need really relaxing songs cause every song i try keeps me awake!!

1. I never do RCs myself. Instead, I usually rely on me just accidentally realizing I am in a dream. I’ll try to make that change, though. It’s hard to remember RCs in dreams, but I guess it will come with frequent practice.

2. I think they mean pretty well.

1. You could hear it but chances are big it will be transformed and sound completely different. When this happens, possible solution is to pump up the volume but then of course you could easily wake up… Find the balance!

2. I have the same problem. When I started practicing LD-techniques I only did RCs. I did RCs the whole day, and continued to do so for many months. I only got an average of 2 LDs/month and it didn’t get better. Even more, the LDs I got were not the result of doing RCs in my dream! Then I stumbled upon this article by LaBerge about WBTB ( lucidity.com/NL63.RU.Naps.html ) and I was very excited about it. So I tried it and was astonished by the results. Not only much more LDs but also very high dream recall. So Rcs are not my cup of tea anymore.

3. Yes. Otherwise it will very hard to have LDs and if you get them you may not remember them :wink:

so, you mean, no RCs at all? or do you mean you just don’t rely on them?

I dont write down dreams or train RC, but if you sleep from lets say 24.00 to 8.00 every day, and you wake up 6.00 and go to the toilet or something like that, then go back to bed and sleep 2 hours, it is very high chance you get a LD, atleast this is how I get my LD’s

Reality checks are one of the best ways to become lucid just because they make you more aware, most people dont realize their in a Dream because they remember to do a reality check, they simply realize after they figure out something that happened is impossible or far fetched from waking life. This mainly happens because the dreamer was aware. After having my LD I think I can now tell when im dreaming just because I got a feel for the dream world. When your in a dream you can feel it is different from everyday life, not sure if anyone else can but I think I can :eh:

No RCs at all. Except if you see practicing mindfulness and meditation as one big continuous reality check. But reality checks in the narrow sense of the word, looking at your watch to control time etc, nope. Even not during the wake-back-to-bed-period, I have compared the difference between doing RCs and don’t doing RCs during WBTB and it doesn’t make the slightest difference. Being fully awake during that period, combined with reading and thinking about lucid dreaming (and MILD!) makes all the difference for me. 1LD/2days (WBTB) compared with 1LD/month (RCs) is quite convincing to me. Could be different for others of course.

Oh and there are always the exceptions: I do think RCs can be useful to catch false awakenings… Those seem to be the most “dangerous” pitfalls for the mind because they are sooo realistic! So starting the day with an RC is something to consider.

thanks. that’ll take a lot of anxiety out of my day.