conversation with dream self?

so, the dream goes like this:
i was at work and could see myself, like third-person, not first-person. and, there’s this hot blonde chick who comes up and just starts hitting on me, so we’re talking and Dream-Me turns around to look over his shoulder into Real-Me’s eyes and says to Real-Me “your alarm is about to go off, dont wake up i wanna finish this dream” so the alarm really goes off, and i’m like “how’d you know” or something and tell him i’ll be late for work, and Dream-Me says “just give me ten more minutes, she’s hot” or something like that, so i wait, and then, when ten minutes is up, i ask if i can wake up and Dream-Me says “no, i’m not finished, gimme five more minutes” so i wait five minutes and ask again, he tries to say no, so Real-Me tells Dream-Me, “if you dont let me wake up i’m never gonna fucking dream again” and Dream-Me says “fine, wake up i’ll finish this some other time”
so, i wake up, and i’m 15 minutes late.

now, the weird thing about this is that i NEVER oversleep, i never have. on the first beep of my alarm clock,i turn it off, and sit straight up like i’m startled, every morning. plus, someone i asked about this before said that dream time is different from real time, but i really set my clock for 7 am and really woke up at 7:15 am.

usually, when i dream things, they can be small things or huge things but they end up happening the next day. i dunno how talking to myself in a dream from outside the dream could ever happen in real life. so, this dream has thrown what i’ve known all my life for a loop.

any interpretation, thoughts, anything would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Thats awesome dude. I want to talk to dream-me. You know, people say that dreaming teaches you about yourself. . . well, theres no more direct way to learn abour yourself in a dream than this.

Wow, that´s a great example to show how good your inner clock actually is :smile:

This is very similar to my 5th LD.I was in my basement looking at a bottle of shampoo.I notice that the bottle is larger than usual,and so I start wondering if it’s a dream.I start hearing myself saying,“Okay I’m going to realize I’m dreaming in 5,4,3…”.I start looking around the room to find where the voice is coming from.I also shout,“Hello,where are you?”

I didn’t even become lucid until the end of the countdown,and then I woke up :sad:. Having conversations with yourself in a dream is very strange.I think it’s just the right and left brain fighting for control.

now, i’ve had dreams also where my ‘inner voice’ was an ‘outter voice’ to my dream self. much like you said, except in my dream, i knew it was my subconscious and it didnt bother me that it was coming from outside instead of inside.

a few people have been telling me that my dream might mean that i have split personalities, and that one personality is trying to tell me that he’s taking control. what still gets me though, is how much power he seemed to have over me. i’m not the type of person who will put my life on hold for anyone… and i was going to be late for work.

maybe it was just my mind telling me i was running dry and needed a little more playtime