A couple things that have been happening quite a bit lately

The first is that I am in a dream, just figure I am dreaming, and go look at my alarm clock to find out. But after this instead of taking advantage of my lucidity, I just figure I’m not lucid enough to do anything I normally would in an LD and that its too much trouble to try. Then I just go on in my dream, and more often than not lose my lucidity. This has happened numerous times lately.

The second thing is the insanely high amount of false awakenings I’ve been having. And most of them involve me waking up (in the dream) and telling somebody about my experience in the dream I had just had (in the same dream). This happens probably every other day, whether the first part of the dream was lucid or not.

Anybody else had these problems? Anything I can do to stop them?

The first problem may have to do with your intention. Maybe you’re consciously already very much desiring an LD but your subconsciousness still blocks it for some reason. The key is to genuinely intend having an LD with heart and soul. This makes your mind focusing more and more on lucid dreaming. This thread is helpful:
slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=3748
A handy tool to focus your mind is to have a purpose. Found out what you really want to do in your LD. Be specific. The more you focus on this purpose the easier it becomes to remember it during an LD.

Second problem (FAs) doesn’t have to be a problem if you care to do a reality check everytime you wake up. One day you will wake up, do an RC and find out you’re dreaming. This way the daily FAs become a powerful dreamsign to get lucid instead of a burden!

Just my 2 cents