Self-Hypnosis

Tonight (maybe tomorrow), I will try my first lucid dream, I am decent at self hypnosis and I want help on its best applications. I think it may be the easiest path for me in the beginning and I want to know the best way to use it. Thank you for your time in answering my question :smile:

P.S.-Thank you to all the nice people who posted and made me realize that I wanted to LD :smile:

I’m pretty new to LDing, but from the “how” section of this site and from other people’s posts, it seems that for self hypnosis, you repeat a phrase like “I’m going to dream now. I’m in a dream. I’m aware of my dream.” Then you imagine yourself becoming lucid, see yourself realizing that you’re dreaming. Visualize what you’re going to do in your lucid dream, then repeat this over and over until you fall asleep (some cannot fall asleep while repeating this; it keeps them awake. If so just repeat it until you feel that your intention is set).

Pretty much all of this information is from the “how” section of this site, so take a look there too…

It’s just a way to induce MILD.

For me, it works best after I have woken up after like 6 hours of sleep. Stay awake for a few minutes, splash some cold water in your face and try it. When you stay awake for about one hour, chances are said to increase a few times, but for me just going to the toilet works good enough.

JJJ

I was really into self-hypnosis for a while. My goal was to astral project using this method, but I never got anywhere. As far as advice goes, I’ve found that repetition more than anything has put me deeper in that relaxed state. I would also suggest making a hypnosis tape because it is easier to go into hypnosis with an external voice. If you have never heard of the escalator (or elevator) trick, surf the net for info on that. That really helps bring you down to your subconscious. Also: Breathing exercises and muscle relaxation exercises help at the beginning of the induction. Good luck!