A Few Q's...

I’m new to LDs… and I was wondering a few things before I got hooked. First, does lucid dreaming have the same resting effect as regular dreaming? Will I be tired after I’ve had a lucid dream, or will I feel the same as I would on a regular night? Also, does anyone know if lucid dreams can help control things like grinding of the teeth at night? Any answers would be greatly appreicated. :content:

Personally I don’t know about the grinding teeth but each of the three lucid dreams I experienced left me feeling just as rested as any normal dreams. Although some people contend that the brain needs time for normal dream sleep to recharge itself and purge itself of excess info (or whatever) I have heard that there are some disciplines that use lucid dreaming night after night. AND there are some people who naturally have lucid dreams all the time… So to sum up… I don’t know the answer to the second question either. :wink: Perhaps its personal. Start lucid dreaming and if you feel as though you aren’t getting the proper rest then give yourself a break a couple nights a week.

Very very unlikly you will be tired…it happens to people who have lds everyday,few times a night(yep there are such case…grr frustrating:).But normally you will rather feel euphoric and excited,free,amazed…all the good stuff:)Dont worry bout it at all:)

reason for this is that REM phase although important for our sleep isnt the only one.And your lds occur almost only during REM.So it may have only psychological effect rather than phisycal(i know one relies on the other but those are details)

But you do can feel tired just from trying out techniques-especially Wild which requires getting up earlier and getting back to sleep-this may be uncomfortable…but not lds itself.

As to teeth…no idea:(

Lucid dreaming is better than coffee. You feel a flow of happiness and awakeness, nearly anything you do right after a LD is a delight. It is better than a ordinary sleep. anyway, a LD usually don’t last for more than 1hr, and in that time you would have been dreaming anyway.