NILD - A great success

I tried out NILD for the first time yesterday afternoon and was astounded at the results - I had two lucid dream experiences in half an hour.
Neither experience was greatly detailed, but it was still a good result for me making a total of 3 lucid dreams over the last six months :content:

The sad thing about this is that I very rarely get to nap in the afternoon (with two young children to look after) so it may be a while before I can do this again :sad:

Hi Sleepyhead!

Um…dont mean to be rude…but dont u mean WILD ? :blush:
Good luck with those 2 young kids!!

NILD—>Nap Induced Lucid Dream.

Sleepyhead, could you please tell me more about how you did that? I am very interested!

JJJ

cut/pasate form schnr-specimen-shells.com/Lucid.html

It works by staying up for an hour or two after waking up before going to bed again. This has proven to be a very effective technique, maybe the most effective around. Sleep for about 5-6 hours, then stay awake for about 1-2 hours and go back to sleep. Maybe doing some MILD a few minutes before falling asleep. Or try staying conscious (WILD) until the dream starts. This will in many cases cause you to have Lucid Dreams. Also a good way to have vivid dreams, or will at least make dream recall easier. Staying awake for 90 minutes seems to work better than 60 minutes, though 60 minutes seems to be effective enough in most cases. And sleeping for 6 hours seems to be better than 5 hours, though it might be harder to fall asleep again. The time spent awake should be used thinking or reading about dream related issues. Like reading about lucid dreaming or related newsgroups.

What I find interesting mainly, is that Sleepyhead writes about ‘napping in the afternoon’. So; I guess he doesn’t try M/WILD in the morning, but just when taking a short nap in the afternoon. Or am I totally wrong at this point? (Dutch guy, bad english :wink: )

JJJ

I havent had any LD’s using NILD, but i still like that method. It’s easy and it gives me pretty vivid dreams.

I can’t do NILD because I can’t fall asleep in the afternoon for some reason, no matter how long I try… :sad: But WBTB in the morning works fine by me.