Scent induction - Aroma's that may help lucidity??

Has anyone tried using smells to see if they can help with lucidity?

I once read somewhere about a “dream pillow” and how “Mugwort” was used to help induce vivid dreams. The dreamer would sleep with this mugwort-scented pillow close to his nose and supposly the scent of the plant helps.

I bought some great smelling incense today. I wonder if a particular smell would help before I went to sleep. Today I got: Frankincense, Myrrh, Mulberry, Peach and Apple. Peach is my favorite.

I’ve also heard “Vervain” could induce LD’s or OBE’s. Also “Jasmine” if used right before bedtime is said to enable you to LD. And “Honeysuckle” can induce prophetic dreams.

I’m gonna make a list of those scents the next time I buy some incense. If I have any noticable results, I’ll share them.

Has anyone here induced a LD through your sense of smell?

Interesting…and brings up back some memories.
Once upon the time ive been with that girl.We were togheter from time to time but almost everytime we met i would have ld same or next day.I even used to call her “my lucid mistress”:).But till this day i have no idea what could of caused them(i didnt have those lds about her so im not sure if it was physicall or psychical influence…or…maybe it was…hmm).
Anyways, reading your post i thought about pheromones…maybe they can play a role?hmm…no idea,but i might try to ring her and reopen this fulfilling relationship…another thing is i didnt have proper ld since im not seeing her:)

Hmm, LaBerge has experimented with feeling, sound and light. I don’t know about experiments with smell. But what if smell gets much more directly to consciousness without being filtered during sleep? I have read somewhere that this is reality, but I’m not sure about it. But if this is true, then a “smell cue” would get incorporated in your dream as the original smell, and we would have a stable method of getting a dreamsign in our dreams. Not like sound and light, which get incorporated in dreams in very different ways. Maybe it’s not easy create a device that produces smell during REM-sleep, but suppose that it works! BTW in that case it doesn’t matter which odor you use as long as the smell cue is strong enough… But of course, my optimism rests on the hypothesis that smell really gets incorporated much more easily in dreams as sound or light and as I said I’m not sure about this :confused: .

Hi everybody,

i have experimented a few times with perfumes…but it only ended up 4 me that i dreamt about a sort of 1001 night dream enviroments with a nice girl…but not lucid…not at all…smell is of course an strong association that in my case created an dream enviroment that was in harmony with the perfume…but i dont think it will score high for becoming lucid…(maybe a smell that reminds us of danger)…

Greetings,
Jeff

Hmmm, well…
it doesn’t make you lucid but…
it seems to have some advantages :wink:

For something like one year ago, I read about a company which was going to make some kind of odour-printer. This would be a device which would be connected to the computer, and make smells, so if we would be clicking a picture of a rose on the computer, we would feel the smell of it. But what if we clicked a picture of a rotten egg…?

Hi Brainhacker,

yes it has some advantages if you want to have sex in a dream :smile:
Maybe a perfume that stimulates the frontal lobe… :smile: although i wouldnt know where to find such a smell…maybe old socks???

Yes Lucidityx1000…there was a company that sold such a device but if i heard right the company doesnt exist anymore…dont know for sure…?

Jeff

Well Jeff…socks???Sure you know you can buy plenty of used underwear on the net:)

But underwear Jack will only lead to sex dreams…ok thats not so terrible…lol…but it aint lucidity…lol!

Grtz,

Jeff

And how socks can give ld???:)interesting theory:)