adventure creation

this, like most good ideas, fits into the genre of pre ordained activities for awaiting lds.
theres a similar post that reflects the concept here which was the pre creation thread. about how to draw a picture and to immerse yourself and interact with it. a great idea in itself it is. but for reasons of realism and versatile interaction i think it would be cool to essentially to create a whole world while awake and to familiarise it with dreaming. initially create a setting for your dream. start with one initial setting to get things rolling and create the locations beyond that,until you’ve created an entire world for your dream character.
also you could create dream characters that are regular to show up in your world. the deeper the detail and backround the better i think. assign personality traits to these characters like:kind, neurotic, humourous, evil etc. make a mix of characters to your liking. certain personalities mixed with others can add a spontaniety quality to your environment. even lucid dream characters say and do things beyond our direct control. you could make it more fantasy like and have a lord of the rings like world and have some fun with that.
write your world down. write down the characters and what their personality is and maybe a little backround info.
this may not even sound like a good idea to some of you, it may sound excessive.
but wouldn’t it be fun to do anyway. it sounds likes dream incubation, and it is in a sense. and if you think about it, it may even serve as a good way of inducing a ld. you might find yourself in this pre made world in a non-ld, and being there might trigger lucidity.
okay i’ll shut up.

just thought i add why i thought creating a world would be cool. if and when you decide to do this, when your world is done and you become familiar with it you can stage adventures in this world. since the foundations for dream activity has been set you won’t have to focus as hard in the dream to create what your going to see beyond the horizon, therefore making it easier to direct your immediate, impulses.
one way of making an adventure is to write out a story of why your adventuring. you can either make up a loose plot to follow awake or generate it in the dream. i say a loose plot because you want to leave the interaction of your instantaneous impulses in the dream while having a pre determined goal in the adventure. a story in terms of where and why. leave the how and what to your direct actions.

sorry bout the length of he post.

I did something like this a long time ago when I was in high school. Actually its how I started becoming interested in dreams. I had this girl that i would share dreams with. We would come into school and then write down the dreams we could recall from the previous night and then exchange them and make comments on the other’s dreams.

One night I decided to try to dream a certain story that I laid out ahead of time and I did. It was pretty interesting. It wasn’t an LD but it did go along how I imagined and planned it.

When I got into LDs I decided to make this Island that I would go to all the time, with a small straw-hut village and beaches and such. However, I am still learning to LD with accuracy so I put my plans of going there in my dreams aside for now. Learn to walk before I can run or whatever.

I’ve made a few of my own worlds, the’re really intersting and fun even if they don’t cause you to become lucid. (which they haven’t, for me anyway)