marijuana

I have a relatively simple question towards a lot of people on this forum. Someone mentioned it but no one responded. Why do so many people on this forum smoke marijuana? What are the positive side effects that provoke you to do so?

Hi
This is what a friend of mine said when i asked him.

To me,there are different reasons:

1.First,it´s fun.I know this isn´t a very good one,but to be true,to me it´s the most important reason.

2.It helps you to get used to different kinds of perception.You can also do this without weed (e.g through meditation,LL,LDing…).But it is quite difficult to do so,and even much more difficult to change your perception to a degree weed can do

3.There are some things that you can “learn” from this drug.If you get some kind of strange sensation/perception while high,you can sometimes reproduce it at will when you are not-high (is there a short word for “not high”?)

So,it is one way of many to a thing that IMHO most of us like to experience: Altered state of mind
But it isn´t seperated from the other ways,it has also its influence on them.For example the way you do WILDs could perhaps change after experiences with weed (i don´t say your ability to do it would improve,just that it it could be different).
But still,i think fun is the main reason.
I have to add that (at least till now) i don´t smoke often.Means that i count how often i smoke in one month,not how often i do so in one week.I can´t tell how often this is cause i don´t smoke regularly.Perhaps 0-4 times or something.

Greetings from my friend :wink:
and from me
Traumgänger

I just like the taste, its beats cigarrets. Plus it alwasy bring you to clam point , where you can’t really be bothered by stupid things. (unless you have real problems) Its not bad for you, but i dont condone it. I just say think twice about smoking Marilbro’s, and you dont even have to think about smoking some Denk!

I think the reason that I plan to stay away from it is that it seems so unnatural and I have seen it do damage to people. Perhaps at this point in time any damage is caused by sociological factors instead of true chemical/biological factors, but it sure seems more like marijauna is actually bad for you rather than just generally looked down upon.

Unnatural? How is it unnatural? You smoke buds from a plant, i am confused… What is natural to you?

Hi
Yes kmcdonald,i think you are right.I also see that it harms people,in a way.Not cause it is so unhealthy,but for social factors.But any drug can do this to you.I also see how computer games harm people.In fact,in the past i had more problems with gaming than with “real” drugs,but that was only a short period of time and i someday just decided to delete the game (UO) cause it took to much time.
Ok,doesn’t matter,the only thing that i want to say that almost everything can harm you in some way,you just have to make sure it doesn’t happen.If i feel that something could be “dangerous” for me,i try to set up rules.E.g,it is much easyer to smoke only on weekends than simply “don’t smoke too much”,know what i mean?
Anyway,if you don’t want to smoke then don’t smoke

Traumgaenger

I smoke because polish tv sucks and this way i can make myself interested in 1979 Hong Kong movies:)
by the way i reccommend it strongly-action is simple and fast,you allways know whos bad and whos good guy,you allready know the end so you dont need to bother of following sometimes complicated plot.:smile:

ps.pot is good for toothaches,headaches,and all aches…your wives should love it:)

The part that I feel is unnatural is the idea of holding in chemicals from smoke in your lungs as long as you can hold it, as opposed to what is natural, that is, breathing air in concentrated moderation.

Also, traumgänger, do you feel that pot has absolutely no bad side effects biologically, only chemically? I find this hard to believe.

Thc is the what we look for in pot, i think nicotine is a deadly source of chemicals, id ont think THC has the same effect of nicotine, becasue nictine has tar, and that build up in your lungs and soon turn into cancer. (somehow i am not a doctor) Out of all things marijuana is a safe natural substance,unless someone puts other chemicals others dont know about, or its the gateway drug to everrything. Y else is it legal in other countries, and it is leagal on some parts of the states if you have a subscription for it. My point is , i dont think it has a irrating chemical you think it has, unless you dont like THC or the taste at all. Unless their is more research about the subject that i never care to read untill now???

I am not saying it is irritating, but unnatural. I feel that it being unnatural is cause to not use it, you feel that because it is not irritating and the THC allows you to do things you want (feel good, etc) that is cause to use it. So, we have different opinions based on different facts. All I wanted to know was what you people feels outweighs the fact that it is unnatural, and it seems the general response is, “because it feels good/I like it/it is fun”.

Hi

Also, traumgänger, do you feel that pot has absolutely no bad side >effects biologically, only chemically?

Uhm,i am not sure if i understand your question.The bad side effects aren´t either biologically or chemically,they are bio-chemically,aren´t they?
I didn´t want to say that weed has no negative effects on your body.But i think that the negative social effects are bigger than the negative effects on your body.And cause i don´t know much about biology anyway,i just let this subject down.

All I wanted to know was what you people feels outweighs the fact that it >is unnatural, and it seems the general response is, “because it feels >good/I like it/it is fun”.

Hmm,i wouldn´t call it unnatural,but this isn´t a point to argue about.Besides that,your are right,but that doesn´t has to be the (only) reason,as said before.
It´s very similiar to the question why we want to lucid dream.The main reason is for fun,but that isn´t the only thing.

Traumgänger

I am sorry, I mis-typed what I was thinking, I meant: You think that there are no negative side effects biologically or chemically, only socially? And now that you have answered that anyway, I can see that I was right, you feel that the negative side effects are outweighed by the fact that “it is fun” and “other reasons”. Thanks for your opinion.

Of course there are negative effects of it but, the generally the good outweighs the bad. That is unless it starts to be abused, which pretty much means people are using it for the wrong reasons, like to escape from their problems in normal life. But its quite easy not to abuse marijuana, because its not physically addictive.

I just dont like to see the words unatural, thats why my opinon came to post… Otherwise we all see the negaitive side of it b/c i always seeing my self saying how much situations suck, but the fact is that i am smoking, so it makes the situation stoned, but better b/c its somewhat escape from reality. I just like it b/c it makes me more social, and every time it is done, certain events follow the ritual. I am going to far in the subject, i just didnt like to see it was called un-natutral.

Jabbervock, I almost want to say that Hubbs is a potential piece of counter-evidence against your ideas. But I won’t because I don’t know enough. Thanks for informing me that it is non-addictive, I didn’t know that was the case. I will have to do a little more research on the exact biological effects.

I was half surprised that this topic was actually posted, I sometimes forget that pot has not infiltrated every corner of existence (!). No its certainly not addictive, and though this doesn’t necessarily apply to kmc., I do think that half the reason there is so much fuss about it is that people not familiar with it immediately think of the word ‘drug’ and associate cannabis with drugs like heroin or coke - drugs that do deserve a bad reputation. Not saying by any means that you have to experience it before commenting on it (I actually hate the way it is glamourised so much), just think that there’s a lot of misinformation.

Actually, I think pot has infiltrated every corner of existence. I am a high school student in southern california and I will be the first to tell you that! I have abstained from it because I would 1)rather not do something illegal because I am just curious and 2)am pretty sure about the negative side effects over the long term (respiritory and digestive system, etc). The almost-other-reason I have is that I wouldn’t want to potentially put myself into a temporary paranoid state on purpose. But, once again, it is your choice. I think it seems that pot is a tobbacco with more interesting side effects. If it isn’t addictive, then I don’t see why it hasn’t replaced tobbacco (except for the fact that one is addictive and legal and the other isn’t and it is illegal :content: ).

I take everything just to opinoninate or just give advice, and it came to the point where you have to experiment yourself, and conclude your own thoughts, and try to explain… I dare you!!!

Don’t get the wrong idea i am just kidding around, i dont want to be anytype of influencial choice of anyones, so dont use this as an example, use it as a disclamer.hahahahahaha

high for a night, slow for a month

this is what happens to some of my firends.

but do what you like