Pure sound dream

One of the most beautiful and creative dreams, non-lucid, I’ve had recently was one consisting only of sound. I was floating bodyless in darkness, listening to the most exquisite singing in a mystical Islamic style. I could hear every detail of the expression, modulation and breathing of the singer. A truly artistic dream. This was on one of the occasional nights when I drop all my LD practices and just let myself go.

Maybe it was a sign of you getting blind, and when you do all sounds will get clearer to you. :cool:

I have always wondered if it was possible to dream without the visual sense. Thanks for the answer :smile:

BTW illumination: The max allowed size for avatars on this site is 65x65, and the avatars can’t take more space than 4 kb, either.

his avatar only takes 3.3kb so its just the size :smile:
I’ve rezised it for you, if you wanna use it you can find it at home.no/lucid/avatar/frog.jpg feel free to use the current location, I wont delete it if you don’t ask for it.

Thanks very much, I’ll use that if I may.

I’ve sometimes had the feeling I’ll go blind one day, I hope not, or at least that it’s not too soon.

I have had some audio-only dreams, but not that many. Anyway, I am still not blind :cool: :wink:

I think most of these audio-only dreams are on the hypnagogic level, but it would still be possible to have audio-only dreams in REM.
We can dream about anything, so why not audio only?

It happened some time ago, but i still remember of a dream just consisting of piano music. While i was hearing the melody i had the feeling of creating it at the same time.
cu

I wonder if blind people can see in their dreams?

Personally i think people that was born blind, cannot see, cause dreams are made from memories and when a person has never seen colors, light and such, how should the brain know how to duplicate it in dreams?? However i think ppl that wasnt born blind, which got blind from accident or some sort disease can see, cause brain know how to see.

This is pure speculation of course:

There are different types and degrees of blindness. From what blind people have told me, I don’t think many people are totally blind, most blind people can see some vague shadows but not enough to be of much use. Also, I think some blindness is caused by eye problems and some by a problem in the brain’s visual area. So it might be that someone whose visual area in the brain is not functioning might have no underlying concept of sight.

I suppose if visual experience is not a big part of your life, then you would not tend to dream visually, just as everyone dreams of things that they experience a lot.

Also interesting is the theory of archetypes, whereby some people think we have certain patterns and images in our brains previous to experience (e.g. snakes, geometric hallucinations).