Shared Dreams

Is it possible to have a shared dream with someone you aren’t close to?

I heard it was possible to pass lucidity in a lucid dream to others who were not previously lucid.

Thanks.

Well firstly, it’s debatable wether shared dreams actually exist. Some people on the forum claim that they have had them, but i won’t fully believe it until i have some first hand proof.

And secondly i have also heard that you can pass lucidity to others, some agree and some disagree.

Where have you heard that you can pass lucidity to others? Wha would the technique involve?

Hi
When you managed to enter someone else dream you just have to tell him that he is dreaming,don´t you?
If someone really misses such a dreamsign…

Traumgänger

Yeah, you just tell them that they’re dreaming. So ‘passing on your lucidity’ isn’t a good way to put it since its basically just making them lucid.

I read that telling someone they are lucid in a lucid dream, doesn’t always work.

Sometimes they will act funny or not normal in your eyes because they are confused.

Anyway, interesting, I think shared dreams exist. :smile:

The only way to demonstrate shared dreaming would be to have two people in labs instructed to do that thing where their eyes follow their hand up and down (the experiment LaBerge did to prove lucidity). They would be told only to do this if they see the other person in a dream. Then, the graphic read-outs from both people would be compared to see if they did that eye-hand thing simultaneously.

If shared dreams were possible, there would probably be scientific proof of it by now, in addition to widespread anecdotal evidence (think of the havoc!). That’s why I don’t think they’re possible.

Good analysis, monitor199a.

However, I think the better experiment would be to have one person memorize a message and communicate it to the other person in the dream. But, eye movements are always nice. Perhaps the message would be a signal of hand movements? For example, a number of counter clockwise hand rotations then clockwise and then left and right a given amount of times, the entire time watching their hand only.

I agree wholeheartedly that there would be more evidence for shared dreaming if it existed, especially because of the implications.

The only reason why I would shy away from having them communicate a message is because then you’d have to make sure to lock them up so they couldn’t communicate with each other during the day and pass along the message that way. Or, you could give them a new code word each night.

But I do think a message would be more confirmable, even if you did have to lock them up.

Probably true. There is a slight chance people could be in separate LD’s and both be doing the hand thing at the same time, by coincidence. Especially if they did it more than once throughout the night. But a good password would undeniably be the result of a shared dream.

But its often hard to remember exactly what people say in dreams…

If you are lucid and you set your mind to remeber a password I’m shure you remeber it well. I have found one problem with this shared dream thing. The person you whant to share dreams with would have to be in a REM stage, and you might not be too lucky.
Why don’t you post this at the LAB?

When it comes to making an other person Lucid I think you would have to work hard. It’s not always enough to know you are dreaming. I have had more than one dream where I know I’m dreaming and but still can’t controll it. It’s just a weird dream where you can fly. Knowing your dreming doesn’t automaticly make you lucid.

I know what you mean. I used to fly so often in LD’s that I began flying in lots of non-LD’s.

Since i joined this forum i was trying to prove shared dreaming with experienced natural lders.All tries failed.We have tried a lot of things but we never even got close to anything.
In short:experiment was to have natural lder to “wake me up in a dream” wave red flag and after that pass first word of the password.Something like “pushkin” when second would be “vodka”.Only lder knew the password and sign to start passing it to me would be red flag.Never got to the point of seeing anything red even:(:frowning:

Additionally-time is irrevelant here.Pppl dont need to sleep at the same time as time is different here and there.No matter if we sleep at the same time.And thats also difficulty here.
Maybe it needs two really strong lders.Dunno

I setup the Lucid Crossroads mysite.freeserve.com/LucidCrossr … mepage.htm to precisely answer this shared question.

I’ve said before that I have had a shared dream (although I was not lucid and neither was the other person) so I know its possible.

I think most of these experiments go about the problem in the wrong way, you all try to reach each other when lucid. You don’t even know each other really well (my shared dream was with someone I,ve for 5 years in “real” not cyber life).

You need a place that you can all say “Yes I’ve been there whilst lucid and I’ve practiced enough to be able to reach that place everytime I’m lucid.” When you can visualise the same space in dream time I think it is “more” likely that you could meet and than try any passwords, tests etc etc. Most important is a group of people being able to reach the SAME PLACE!

Shared dreams are either :-

1. Availble via Psi (extra sense/ability that humans have). This would be my hunch, if it is it also means that you DON’T have to be asleep at the same time as psi can work reguardless of time or distance (like ESP).

2. The fact that there really is an astral plane, dimention of dreams or however you might call it, where you can meet up. This may or may not mean that you have to be asleep at the same time.

I think its a numbers game, whats needed it masses of dreamers trying to reach the same place when lucid!!

This is why I wanted the Crossroads to even exist. I’m going to keep it up there for as long as I can hopefully 30years or longer. I’m also going to try my best to divert as much traffic (hense available dreamers) to the site.

It doing well hits averaging 89 a day so far, in the next few weeks however I’ll be setting up a few filter sites to divert traffic for far more traffic.

Its an on going experiment and any lucid dreamers help is appreciated. :smile:

By the way big thanks to traumgänger for translating the site to German to get more dreamers intrested.

how shared dreaming will ever work without being in REM at the same time, or u mean that if u r in REM earlyer then the other person your Psi sense can predict what the other person will do in his dream later that day? sounds kinda weird, plz explain.

well some people say you can have shared dreams others can’t. I don’t think it depends on just your own feelings but how you view the dream world.

Many people say that the dream world is actually a place that can be accessed through Astral Planes, and therefore shared dreams are possible. As is usually the case our astral bodies don’t stay in our bodies even when we are awake, but during sleep there is nothing to stop them going into this plane and us becoming aware of it.

It is also said that you can influence peoples dreams while you are awake, i’ve never tried this but there are some sites that go into it.

That said, how do you know the people in your dreams you have never seen before aren’t real and dreaming the same thing? I don’t believe that you can simply create a whole new person in your mind, complete with personality, name and a past.

one thing that has happened to me very recently, i was having a sexy dream about this red headed girl. The girl in my dream said something about a Real world friend of mine which i though weird. I told my friend about this person and she said (in jest) that it sounded like a friend of hers she knew in juniour school.

She sent me a recent pic and (although she was about 4yrs younger on the pic) it was diffinately the same girl. Whether she shared the dream i don’t know, but i personally have never met this girl.

Pantalimon >> on ur site on mysite.freeserve.com/LucidCrossr … todoit.htm that page there are some pictures, i just wondered who the woman is.

I swear i have seen her before somewhere, weird.

Or maybe shared dreams doesn’t exist…