Fear of RCs?

In a recent dream of mine, I did a reality check. I looked down at my hand and had six fingers. The sight of this really shocked me. I did become lucid, but for a very very brief moment before I woke up.

Considering this was my first LD, is this sudden jolt of fear from RCs normal? It can’t be helping my lucid time. I RC a lot more now, but there is still a little irk in the back of my mind fearing that I’ll have six fingers again… Will I grow used to six fingers and other strange RCs as I become more experienced? Did anyone else experience fright from RCs when you were starting out?

Yeah, I’m just full of questions.

I think you may only grow used to the “wierdness” of dreams when you realize that life is experienced exactly the same as dreams are. I have not yet been able to live this, only understand it. If you really are afraid of six fingers, perhaps in your dream you should just say to the sixth one “can we be friends, I will leave you alone”, seriously!

…Or you could do a reality check that doesn’t involve fingers… And look on the bright side, at least you didn’t end up with fly fingers or anything too weird.

Hi
I think this is quite normal,and it doesn´t have anything to do with RCs or with your finger.I experienced the same,after i had my first FA i was bit frightened after waking up that i still might be dreaming,although i knew that i was awake.IMHO you are frightened cause the method of seeing the world that you used your whole life suddenly doesn´t seem “save” anymore,your experienceed that it can “fail”.
But i think you´ll get used to it,after some time you accept that you can´t be sure about anything.
And remember:
If you are dreaming right now anything can happen,you can suddenly have 6 fingers or a big green monster can jump at you.BUT that can only give you a shock,nothing can harm you,so you are a lot saver while dreaming than IRL

Traumgänger

Well, actually once I was doing the hand RC and discovered that I’m dreaming, I was like “Wow, cool, I have an ailen hand!” So I don’t have any problem with it :grin: