Loss of dream recall

When I started trying to remember my dreams, over a year ago, all I had to do was decide to do it and I’d be rewarded with up to three of four full-length adventures almost every morning. But after a few weeks my recall worsened and I had to make more effort to remember dreams. I kept on devising new techniques to maintain recall, like auto-suggestion and free-association, but it always seems to stop working after a certain time. Now I can barely remember a few snatches of dreams and only occasionally a full narrative. I’ve almost had to stop concentrating on LDs because it’s so difficult just to remember dreams at all. Has anyone else experienced this pattern? Has anyone managed to solve the problem?

Hello
Most of the time i recall 1 dream per night,sometimes a bit more vivid and detailed and sometimes less.When i am lucky,or when i wake up several time in one night i recall more dreams.
But then all of a sudden i can recall only one picture,or even worse,nothing at all.These “droughts” usually last for a few days,perhaps a week,and then suddenly go away.I don´t know why this happens,and so i don´t know how to willingly end it :sad:
If you are in such a non-dreaming-period, then the problem will solve itself just by waiting.
If you don´t have a DJ,get one,that really helped me alot.But i am also too lazy to make a “proper” DJ,so i just write some words per dream (e.g:party,sleep in a garden,opera).That doesn´t make much sense,but it helps to recall the dream some hours later,and it gives the task of recall ore sense (if you want to write them down,you have to remember them)
Or perhaps you should just stop for 3 days or something and then start again.That is helpfull if you already get used to not remembering dreams,a new start gives new hope.And we all know how powerfull the mind is…

good luck
Traumgänger