WILDs for beginners?

(there’s a question in the last paragraph for those of you who don’t care about the rest!)

for quite some time now, i’ve been trying to have lucid dreams without altering the hours i sleep… it doesn’t seem to have worked very well. :frowning: i’ve only had 4 or 5 lucid dreams in the past year, and maybe 8 since i started trying 2 - 2.5 years ago.

fortunately, for the past few weeks, i’ve been repeatedly going back to sleep on saturday and sunday mornings to attempt WILDs, and it seems to be working well. two of the 4-5 lucid dreams i’ve had recently were last this morning, and two weeks ago. :slight_smile: and they’re also much better than the ones i’ve had somewhat randomly. i actually remember to try doing things instead of just stumbling about in the dream world! also, the night before last, i had a dream where i guessed that i was dreaming and woke up. (better than not realizing, i guess…)

in this most recent dream, i noticed i was dreaming as i went up a flight of stairs (the kind that zig-zag back and forth up a building…) and when i came around the corner to go up the next flight, there were stairs going down! that was pretty amusing. :slight_smile:

so i have one question for any of you who started out with WILDs: as you started having more lucid dreams, did you find that you had them more often without trying WILDs? i’m hoping that i’ll end up having some on weekdays, and not have to spend an extra 1/2 hour to 1 1/2 hours going back to sleep on the weekends. :slight_smile:

-specter

How did you enter a dream after the vibrations? I am having no luck at all!

i don’t always seem to get the vibrations. (or i do not remember them…) usually, i’ll just lay there, sometimes feel a spinning motion, and start dreaming again. i don’t think i’ve ever been lucid right after going back to sleep again either.

the couple of times that i do remember vibrations, i kind of just relaxed and tried not to try too hard. :slight_smile: i remember the first time i had vibrations, i kept thinking of how LONG it was taking. i’d suggest trying not to try since it worked for me, but as you’ve probably read, i’m far from an expert. :slight_smile:

-specter

I have wilds on the weekdays. What i do is I wake up early before i go to school and close my eyes and i see images and fall asleep and have dreams :sleeping: . One time i had a cool dream i was in the middle and my alarm went off again cause i set it to when i wake up to go get ready for school. Hope this helps Specter. :gni:

i can’t bear to wake up any earlier than i already do. :slight_smile: i DO frequently hear my alarm in my dreams, but i just can’t seem to recognize it as a dreamsign. (that, and i usually wake up within a minute of it going off…)

if anyone cares, i think i’ve been misusing the term “WILD”. i just heard that it’s when you stay conscious while falling asleep – i thought it was the same as the “napping technique” which is probably more likely what i use.

-specter