Meditation Problem...

Before I go to sleep I meditate and suggest that i remember my dreams (a real problem for me…), and it seems to work well. But I feel limited because i gulp uncontrollably. Its quite weird. When I focus on breathing, I start gulping and choke if i dont. Any suggestions?

I seem to have the same, or similar problem. It is hard for me to concentrate on my breathing; I meditate to clear my thoughts as well, but just concentrating on my breathing keeps my mind occupied and I have trouble falling asleep. It becomes difficult for me to breathe after a while and I gulp occaisionally.

Sometimes changing positions helps, but then I have to start over and eventually the same thing will happen. I think it is just because I am excited and over anxious.

Anyway, I understand what you mean and I too would appreciate if someone would have a solution to this problem…

the good way to meditate. ( I think) Start by concentraiting on your breathing. You feel your body go numb or you start to gulp, count from 1 to 100, do this again everytime you start to gulp. helps me to not focus on my gulping. maybe it will work for you. :smile: