Dream Journal Help

Alright so I decided to keep a dream journal, one way of attaining Lucidity as i am sure you already know. Dang problem is everytime I wake in the middle of the night i am so tired and in such a relaxed position I have little motivation to write anything down, let alone anything legible. Any tips on this? Thanks

I used to put my alarm clock across the room so I’d have to get up, out of bed and turn it off. That didn’t work. So I put some stuff on top of it, like a basket and a weight, so I’d have to go through the extra trouble of taking it off. That kinda helped. If I try it again though, I think it’ll be with a bird cage and a padlock…

If you were good with 'puters, you could write an alarm clock program that won’t shut off until you type in… Oh… Say 500 words or so of a dream entry. :grrr: :scream: :razz: :grrr: I guess that’s what the power cable is for… It could make a handy little stand-alone electronic gadget though, so I’ll have to remember that…

You can also use shorthand… For example, my dream entries look like…

+PSU Campus, Fly low, Bookstore entrance, Car wrecked into pillars, Jaws of life…

The + means it’s lucid, a - means it’s not. Having something like that isn’t very good, but it’s better than nothing, and I can usually remember more details when I have a framework like this to jog my memory…

Just get yourself small voice recorder and keep it by your bed.Its cheap and i guess very helpfull…you can just mumble what you remember and write it down on the morning witout a stress of forgetting:)

I got one too, but I got back to good-ol’ writing…
I couldn’t make up what I said when listening to the recordings in the morning. My mumbling is really unintelligible. I never heard equally bad articulation. I had to listen to it over and over. I even gave the headphones to other people… :bored: :oof:

mrw brb… blbl grwhh ungh ungh… :eh:

But I guess it will work for everybody else. :smile: