Lightswitches

Hey everyone!

I had a pretty nice long non-lucid last night. (Yes I know, it would have been better if it was lucid). At one stage I was walking around this mansion with these monks or something just checking the house out. I was thinking that the house needed more light and I came across this plate that was stuck to the wall that had switches on it. Now light switches aren’t meant to work in dreams (so I read here) but these one actually did. They were quite big, about the size a hand and there was about a 2 or 3 second delay before the lights slowly came on, like someone was turning up the dimmer switch slowly and I know they turned on because i was looking at the lights when they did.

I thought the light thing didn’t work? Anyone else come across being able to turn on lights? Or anyone just wanna comment?

Many people have reported being able to succesfully change the light levels in their dreams. I don’t understand this one that well yet, though, so I will wait for someone else to inspire me before I develop a hypothesis :content:

As with everything else with LDs, it will work if you expect it to do. Why most ppl report that the lightswitch does not work, i think is because most read that it wouldnt work, before they actually tested it in a dream, which makes the mind to expect the light not to turn on.

I do remember actually expecting the lights to turn on so I guess that explains it. :smile: