Noni Juice

I’m adding yet another herb to my research list, and will report the effects, if any, on lucid dreaming. I’m having my wife consume the juice (for health reasons) and I’m going to study her dreaming patterns.

:smile:

I haven’t heard of this one. Can you tell us anything about it?

Noni is the fruit of Morinda Citrifolia. It grows wild in many tropical locations, and it prevelant in Hawaii and Tahiti. While it has been marketed by every possible MLM group, and while MLM’s are usually (IMO&E) less than honest, Noni does have some outstanding curative properties.

It is in no way a psych. herb, however it contains at least one ‘smart chemical,’ the alkaloid xeronine. It is also rich in Lysine (amino acid) and other goodies.

[i]"Xeronine is a relatively small alkaloid that is physiologically active in the picogram range. (Editorial note: a picogram is one trillionth of a gram.) It occurs in practically all healthy cells of plants, animals and microorganisms. However, the amount of free alkaloid is minute, and is well below the limits of normal chemical analytical techniques." 

-Dr. R.M. Heinicke
University of Hawaii [/i]

The actual fruit is an irregular mass that, when it becomes ripe, looks like a translucent alien pod. One can find them washed up on the beach in Hawaii quite regularly. Noni isn’t very tasty to westerners since it is acidic and not very sweet. However, it is available in capsules and in (of all things) a grape juice concentrate.

Anyway, it’s prohibitively expensive to use it just for LDing, but since I had the opportunity to test it, I thought I’d give it a try.