Life and Death and Two Cats

Last night must have been one of the strangest nights of my life.
The events seem almost poetic now, very strange indeed. Check it out:

My friends and I are leaving a pub and heading for a friends house to play Gamecube. We park up, get out of the car and head over to the house. On the way I see a small, white cat. I dont often stop to pet animals but I decided to stroke this cat. Whenever i stand up and walk on, the cat follows me so I keep stopping and stroking it. I even sit down and the cat jumps onto my lap! My mates are like dude hurry up. Anyway, eventually I leave this cat, it follows me as far as the gate then stops. The whole thing leaves me feeling very good about life, as such small things sometimes can.

Then, after the Gamecube session, we are in the car on the way home. Just before we reach my place a small black cat darts out from the side of the road. We feel a bump as the car goes over something. Paul parks the car and we head back to check the cat. Its lying in the middle of the road, its head up, looking dazed. As we approach it runs (rather awquardly) into the garden of a fenced off, derelict house. I decide to get a torch and look for the cat but my friend goes home. I have a massive row with my family, who say I could get into trouble flashing a torch around a garden but I head over anyway. After some searching I find the cat lying prone, dying. Its looking directly at me when I shine the torch on it. As I try to pick it up it spits at me and claws with its front two paws. I go back for a catbox to put it in and my mum comes with me this time.
When we go back to the spot it has moved so we hunt for another 30 minutes before finding it again. I call the RSPCA and get it to a vet, but its spine is broken. I left as they were injecting it with morphine and contacting the owners. The whole thing absolutely devasted me.

It just seems that in the white cat I was shown the joy of life and the black cat death.

Anyway, thought I’d post it. Probably doesnt mean anything, just a set of odd coincidences. But life sure is strange.

Wow, that is weird. Poor cat. :sad:

thanks

You’re welcome. :smile:

Are you sure it wasn’t a dream? :sad:

It was very dream-like yes but it was no dream. Although I’ll know for sure when I call the vet back today to find out what happened to the black cat. Although I think I know…

Cars: turning normal people into indiscriminate killers. :sad: