just a straight forward depiction of a goal nearly attained

if you have trouble getting to the site just try again later
i timed this perfectly… .
the server that my webhost is on is having repairs done

okay
my site’s back online
now you can check out my wacky design
feel free to leave some feedback

How did you produce the image of the human form? Good job, nice OBE-ish effect.

Artbell.com’s homepage has a lot of nice, and sometimes strange, artwork. All of the homepage artwork is provided by the listeners and visitors of the website. I think you ought to check some of it out. Click “refresh” a few times and look at the many submissions, some are really good. This picture or some of your other work might be a good canidate to send in. I think you should think about it.

PS. Your title “blatant self promotion” sounds like a commercial, which gets deleted. It is more like “free great artwork”, thanks for the gift. :smile:

[size=75]but it is blatant self promotion
i’m peddlin’ my wares
sure my wares happen to be free art for people who like it
but it’s still a “hey lookit me!” kind of thing

thanks for the feedback by the way
i live for feedback

the figures are from a program called poser
it just allows you to pose premade figures and render them or export them for use in other programs
i exported them into 3D studio max
then i rendered it three seperate times
once all together
once with the astral figure alone
and once with the physical figure alone with a different texture
then i threw it all together in photoshop to get what you see there

sounds more complex than it actually is[/size]

I don’t understand any of the above, but I just want to say your artwork looks decidedly funky. I’ve copied it to my LD desktop, a rotating desktop picture system that gives me dreamlike images with reality checks. Your pic is just beautiful for that. You now interchange with the images by Magritte and Delveaux, so you’re in good company. Peace. :content:

very cool pic :smile: looks like poser to me :tongue:

Major cool graphic.

It’s now my official wallpaper.

Thanks

(any chance you can make one small enough to qualify as an avatar on this site?)

Uh yeah. I’ve checked it again. Quite amazing stuff.

I’ve seen several questions about images and how to convert/manipulate them.

Dust Mote ask:

I would suggest a GREAT! freeware program named IrfanView

This program is for Microsoft Windows but is available in many different languages, the main default languages are Dutch and English. This program views everything. About any image format you can think of. Lemme see if I can copy/paste it here:

AIF¹,  ANI,  AU¹,  AVI,  BMP,  CAM,  CLP,  CPT,  CUR,  DAT¹,  DCM/ACR, DCX,  DIB,  DJVU, EMF,  EPS,  FLI/FLC², FPX, FSH, G3, GIF,  ICL,  ICO,  IFF/LBM,  IMG, JP2, JPG/JPEG,  KDC, LDF, LWF,  Mac PICT², MED, MID,  MOV¹²,  MP3, MPG/MPEG¹, NLM/NOL/NGG/NSL/OTB/GSM, PBM,  PCX,  PGM,  PhotoCD,  PNG,  PPM,  PSD,  PSP,  QTIF², RAS/SUN,  RealAudio, RLE,  RMI,  SFF, SFW,  SGI/RGB, SWF, SND¹,  TGA,  TIFF/TIF,  WAV,  WBMP, WMF, XBM, XPM

Yup, there ya go. It does it all, even Audio CDs, MP3’s, and SHOCKWAVE files, but it is primarily an image viewing program. This is not an Image Creating program, but you can scan images and manipulate them in many ways.

To answer Dust Mote: This program allows you to resize any of the supported images. It easily allows you to “shrink” images into 64X64 pixels sutible for avatars.

blah, blah, I sound like a commercial. But act now why it is FREE FREE FREE!! It is truely free without “Ads” or other crappy software that gets attatched to other products that are supposly “free.”

I should mention that inorder for MP3 or PhotoCDs to be viewed you have to download and install separate “plug-ins” that are not installed with a “default installation.” They are easily found on the same website with the instructions to download.

Oh yea, another thing I like about it is it’s “screen capture” abilities. You can easily “Print Screen” and paste it into IrfanView with <Ctrl + V> then save it as a JPEG. I like compressing my Images with Irfanview, it gives you much control on how and “how much” your images are compressed.

Get it NOW! It’s way worth it. Heck IT’s FREE. https://www.irfanview.com

Austria - irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/

Luxembourg - irfanview.com/

USA - ryansimmons.com/users/irfanview/

[size=67]Did I mention it’s free.[/size]

DreamAddict:

Forgive my ignorance and potentially poor use of tech-no-speak but;
even if I shrink the image on my computer, don’t I have to have a url address to use it as an avatar?
I’m not a web site, barely a user. :oof:

P.S. I checked out Artbell.com. I’ve bookmarked it and plan to get lost in there very soon. Thanks. For a completely different experience check out fusionanomaly.net.

Wow, thanks for the link, Dust Mote.

This thread has kinda stayed on topic, “blatant self promotion” … :mrgreen: or at least “blatant promotion.” mrgreen:

Sorry Dust Mote, Yes you do need an URL to use it as an avatar. Eric-the-ded might can provide that for you. I could shrink it as an avatar and make it available if I had his permission. Eric? ???

Again, thanks for the link fusionanomaly.net DM. I’m gonna be lost in this site for weeks … or months. I love this stuff, Quantum physics and stuff like that. I really want to get Dr. Michio Kaku’s new book, :dozing: hmm? I think I spelled that right. His website is at mkaku.org I got an email from him once. Cool dude.

I seen this site also quotes Terrence Mckenna. Very interesting fellow, he has traveled to his mind’s end with so many different “substances.” Yet he sounds so intelligent.

If this is the kinda stuff that interest you, you might be interested in:

“DreamLand with Whitley Strieber” his website is at:
https://www.unknowncountry.com/

He has his past shows available for a free listen at:
https://www.live365.com/stations/288830?site=walkercollier

No commercials and always a good show to listen to. This week, June 8, a show is available that interviews: “J.H. Brennan on Tibetian magic, dream yoga and the explanation for things like human footprints found with dinosaur fossils”

I have not listened to this show or the others in a while, I’ve been busy. But they are always fun.

Take-care. :smile:

DreamAddict - Fusionanomaly - Your Welcome! a place to easily become lost in, and no two visits are ever alike. Sometimes I feel like Hansel and Gretel in there. I want to drop bread crumbs so I can find my way back. Thank goodness for the browser Back button. :wow:

There are some great graphics on that site that I would love to rip for my avatar but the restrictions here are SO small. I can’t find anything I like anywhere that is ittsy bittsy enough to fit. Is it a question of the mysterious band width that keeps our avatars so punny?

Yo - Eric-the-dead: I still get the biggest grin on my face every time I boot up the old pc. Love that wall paper! Maybe it’s because the guy looks a little like me. Nah, it’s the LD - OBE feeling that gets to me. Thanks again.:user:

wow… i totally forgot about this thread.
i thought i’d share my newest design with you.

-Medusa 2K2-
800x600
1024x768

and judging by the response i got for “almost” i should have shared the following too.
i actually made this one before “almost” and it deals with basically the same concepts.

-ride the spiral-
800x600
1024x768

enjoy.
and thanks for all your feedback.

p.s.
i also have a few interesting links i might share eventually.
i’m always looking for wierdo news stories.

[/url]

eric-the-ded,
Thanks for reviving this thread. I have ripped the spiral.

Maybe DreamAddict will come back and tell me why our avatars are the size of a pin head.

Well maybe it’s because not all of us do have wide broad-band access to Internet? I have 64k Internet, so I use more than enough time loading those forum sites if I’m not going to load poster-sized avitars too. Sorry if I am a bit harsh here, but you provoked me a bit there…

Well, so that’s why :smile:

And if anyone wonders if I’m not gonna get broad-band Internet soon, the the answer is no, because I live so far out in the countryside that it’s gonna take years before they get broad-band out here.

That makes two of us! Damn Telenor!

SORRY, I’m spoiled rotten.

And I did find one that fit the regs but it got kicked for being too big.

And I tried to use one from this very site (does that save band width?) but couldn’t get that to load either.

My ego’s on a rampage and I won’t play any more if I can’t get a pic. :bounce:(this is my absolute favorite emoticon)

i made a new design.
i needed to make something dark and menacing… again.
so here it is.

-anti virus-
800x600
1024x768

enjoy.

Nice graphics, but you’re right: it is blatant self promotion.