Radio under pillow, would it work?

Hey all, I was just thinking that maybe if I had a small radio under my pillow while I was sleeping the music would filter into my dream. Im thinking that whenever I hear music in RL I could do a RC, and if I do that long enough I would do one wile I was dreaming and heard music, possibly inducing lucidity. Do you think this could have any possible way of working?

Also I just want to say that I am very desperate for a way for me to even THINK that I am dreaming when I am actually dreaming because last night I had a dream where I was playing tennis with the Simpsons cast, and wouldnt you know it, it seemed perfectly reasonable for me to play tennis with cartoon characters in my dream so I never achieved lucidity. Man thats frustrating. :grrr:

As discussed in several other topics (all it takes is a quick glance around) is yes and no. Go to slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=1479 and hear the wisdom :smile:

Using music to induce lucid dreams can be very effective, varying from person to person. However, I think putting it under the pillow might muffle the sound a little too much. Also, if you sleep anything like me the radio would end up at a random place in the room (most likely under the bed in the exact center) by the time you wake up in the morning. :grin:

Why not try simply setting it up next to your bed?

You know what athiest, I actually have absolutley no clue why I didnt think of putting it NEXT to my bed. :eh:

Oh well, Im trying that subliminal suggestion program right now, and well see whether that pulls off any results tonight.

Later

My neece has a pillow that has a built in radio. Only time you can listen to it is when you’ve got your head on it. Pretty dumb idea though, because it’s non-washable :happy:

I had the same experience as ChosenOne in the other topic. I used the same program as he must have done, and it woke me up just before it started. It has worked twice for me, but those were short ones.

I have a funny story about that program, I changed the .wav file, and used my own voice to say something like, this is just a dream, realise it and become lucid, and some other ridiculous stuff. Anyway, my sister found the file and changed it, without me knowing it. I fell asleep with the program running, and had a terrible nightmare about my sister. I woke up, and thought, what the fuck? Why doesn’t this work? I listened to the file, then my sister said stuff like, I’m going to kill you, you are going to give me a present, and your favourite show is Dawson’s Creek!

Haha… that stupid bastard:)

That’s hilarious! :cool_laugh: You should’ve kept the file, and put it to creative use. Use it on her while she is asleep. Or threaten her friends with the “I’m going to kill you” phrase. Or even better, sound splice the words to make “I’m going to kill Dawson” or “Dawson’s going to kill me.”
Play that while she sleeps, That’ll teach her. :gni:

Pillow speakers are nice. I hope to get some one day. I’ve been looking at these:
www.ccrane.com - Pillow Speakers

Dreamaddict wrote:

:cool_laugh: lol lol DreamAddict…hehehe!

I myself think that a tape with a text recording like "Hi yourname, your dreaming…in a loop would work much better because your name is associated with the part of your brain where your conscious self is…Stephen laberge did some tests with this and it worked good…the trick here was the sound volume…

Jeff:
With the thing you said ‘Hi, (yourname) you are dreaming’ when would you turn that on? I’ve got the audio recorded and everything, but I’m not sure when to turn it on. Maybe sleep 6 hours, wake up, read about Lucid Dreaming, turn it on, then go back to bed?

Turn it on and fall asleep while it’s playing? I think the intention is for it to start playing a few times while asleep, so that you hear it during your dream.

turn it on the first time I go to bed? why? I never have dreams, or never remember dreams from my first 6 hours of sleep. Normally I only remember dreams if I wake up, then go back to sleep. So wouldnt it make more sense (for me) to sleep for 6 hours, wake up, maybe real something about Lucid Dreaming, (so that my minds on the topic) then turn it on and go back to bed?