Possible Holy Grail Technique

hmmm i will sure read it Atheist…will be interesting…thx!

:cool_laugh:

I was just thinking about some other ways of doing this that would allow you to play the entire interview. I created a CD when I tried it, but since only half of it was there I remember hearing the same sections of the interview as many as 5 times during the night. I’d prefer to have the entire 2 hours, but I can’t see how this might be done. If you had a portable MP3 player, or a laptop with a sound card you could do it I guess.

But then, I keep thinking that maybe the fact that it repeats so often might help in allowing you to identify it within a dream? Since you’re hearing the same section every 70 minutes you might be able to use this to become lucid?

By the way, I heard those lightning sounds at about the midpoint of the interview. I only picked it up once, but I understand what DreamAddict was talking about.

I found your Journal
https://community.ld4all.com/t/atheists-dream-journal/5853/12#10889
It was a facinating and very humorus report. I printed it out and showed it to my brother and mother.

My last two nights had no results. Yesterday night I remembered nothing at all. And last night I remembered a few dream charachters talking to me about lucid dreams as we played basketball, in the voices of the interview no less. Could this maybe because I like to play the interview all night instead of just in the morning. Maybe by the time light sleep comes in the morning it’s too late as I’ve just spent 7 hours in deep sleep learning how to igoure it.

That’s an interesting point, Epic. Maybe we get used to the sound by the time we start having LDs. I might try just turning it on when I wake up after 6 hours, and before I go back to sleep. Over the next week I intend to try all kinds of things with it, so expect to hear the results. :smile:

Thanks for the interest, by the way.

I hate being the first post on the second page - it might as well be a whole new topic! :cool_laugh:

I am going to make my own lucid tape…I am dutch so i need dutch lines…lol!
I just talk about lucid dreams and laberge 4 some hours till my tape is full…and also with my name now and then…looping the text…so indeed there is an extra tool 4 recognition…but first i need to get rid of this influenza… :confused:

The results are in :smile:

I tried this again last night and, as I expected, it produces the same amount of success as it did the first time. I tried something a little different though - I only started playing the CD after 6 hours sleep. Plus, I also made the mistake of forgetting to put it on repeat.

However, during that hour that it was playing I expereinced a very long dream in which (as usual) I was talking to LaBerge. This went on for probably 30 minutes, before everything changed and I found myself walking to my house. Anyway, I’m just about to add it to my Journal.

Everyone, please try this! :grin: I’ve experienced lucidity without fail each time I tried this technique. Granted, I’ve only tried it twice, but I’m optimistic about the rest of the week.

Hmmm still interesting and i am sure gonne try!
Atheist…how loud is your sound volume u use for the record…that u can just hear it , or?

Grtz,

Jeff

I set the volume quite low. I can still clearly hear the voices, but it’s not enough to keep my awake. It’s no louder than the fan I usually have next to my bed, which I got used to falling asleep to.

To put it a little better, it’s so soft that if I did turn the fan on, I wouldn’t be able to hear the interview at all.

I think the speaker system that is used might have to be high quality. This was my 3rd night with little or no effect and also my 3rd night since I returned my Sony speaker system back to my computer and put a tiny Radioshack mini amp next to my pillow instead. It sounds like a toy walky talky. I deduce that the narrow buzzy spectrum of the Radioshack mini amp is just sounding like nonsense noise inside my dreams and not like words. I’ll be using the Sony speaker system again tonight.

You may be right Epic, but I wouldn’t have thought so. Your subconiscous can pick up things pretty well. I’m currently using a couple of really small speakers that aren’t the best quality, and it seems to work for me.

I suppose my speakers are pretty clear, and I can at least hear the entire interview through them with no problems. Good luck with the other speakers.

I found out right after I posted that the lab at school does indeed have a burner in a PC and not just on a mac as I had previously thought. Now I can’t wait to get back to the lab and download the interview. On the t3 it will finish in a matter of a few minutes. However, we have this damn Thanksgiving break and I won’t get back there until Monday. :wink:

It just occured to me that I have some tapes that I ordered from the lucidity institute of Stephen LaBerge talking about lucid dreams… and a CD. The cd, he tries to get you to relax and put you in a trance I think, one of the tapes is excercises and the other is just him talking about them. Perhaps I could use them the same way. I have a friend who can record the tapes as mp3s for me then I could burn them to a disc.

Good to know that you use a fan, Atheist, because I do as well and I was wondering if it was possible to get the recording playing loud enough over the white noise… I guess it is. I’ll try this out.

Why not try to add something else to the mix and use everyones favorite Limited-Time-Trail-That-I-Am-Too-Cheap-To-Pay-For-So-I-Continue-To-Use-It-As-Nagware program, Brainwave Generator. Adding this to the background just may take this tech. to the next level… If I get some time I may experiment with this myself over thanksgiving break.

well, i tried it last night and the night before, and both mornings i had LD’s which is unusual for me, so i give this the thumbs up.

but what i did is play it looping through my computer while i sleep, but my computer also has a noisy fan that i learn to live with, but every morning, i wake up, turn off my pc and the interview and go back to sleep, this way it is nice and quiet, and this is when i have my lucid dreams.

so thanx for the technique, i’ll try it again tonight and tell ya how it goes.

I had a technical problem two days ago but everything worked fine yesterday. I had two brief lucid dreams yesterday. I can’t really remember why I became lucid each time, but I can say that as both lucid dreams lasted I could hear the interview audio playing. Not clearly enough that I can remember the dialog but I knew it was the interview. In the second lucid dream I looked at 7 paintings then I remembered a task I had planned to do so I asked for the next painting to show me what I should give my mother for Christmas. The next painting I looked at was not one that helped me think of a Christmas gift, but I will be painting it and adding it to my collection. I’ve been awake all night since but I’m ready to try it again in a few hours.

It worked again. I sleept for about 4 hours. I set a silent alarm to run the volume up down fadeing applescript loop for me at about an hour after I went to bed. At some point maybe half an hour before I woke up I became lucid and spent most of my time after that having sex or close to it. This was a perfect session, with nice and smooth lucidity with no worries of wakeing up. I could hear the interview comeing and going in volume a few times and I was gratefull at times it didn’t get loud enough to wake me up.

Great epic dewfall…sounds good!

I will try next week!

:happy:

cool, worked again last night,
it was the first time i had a dream character tell me i was dreaming,

in my dream, i was finding all this money on the ground, and some guy was saying how funney it was seeing people get excited over finding money, but since there only dreaming they wont have it when they wake up, this made me lucid. so then i became a magician and stunned all my friends :happy:

this technique is great!

Hi
Funny idea, I have two questions:

1.You germans in here, do you know a similar interview that is in german language?
Well, if not, never mind, since I am reading this forum all the time english should do for my subcounciousness

1. Someone said he made the interview get silent and louder again in intervals.Perhaps someone has an edited version of the interview, so I could download it and burn it on cd directly?

The idea of making your own tape is also very cool, just need a microphone and some hours to talk about LDing.I could just read out the posts of this forum :wink:

Traumgänger

Oh, just noticed I have an audio editer so I can edit the interview myself :shy:

It seems to have stopped working completely. It only worked amazingly well for me the first 9 days, and now for the last 6 days it’s had no effect. Which is very surprising. It felt like it was going to work endlessly. The only small effect I had was yesterday, when I was dreaming I was eating at a classy restaurant in the middle of a complex story line. Then all of a sudden all the staff and dinning patrons started to recite the interview, taking turns to quote one sentence of the interview each. It was the part of the interview near the beginning where Stephen Laberge first defines what a lucid dream is. Everyone in the restaurant was reciting it with deep pride and joy the same way we sing our national anthems. I didn’t become lucid.