the big OBE topic

That sort of thing gets to me too. Maybe thats why we seem to never go anywhere spiritually… its too expensive. :neutral:

I used to think this way about the Lucidity Institute because the prices for their programs and stuff seem so expensive. However, I have since come to realize that they need to be able to fund their continuing studies.

However, Shane Hatfield just seems like some guy. Granted he’s only charging $20 for his “secret” but if it was me I would just be giving it away. There are better ways to make a buck. Though I am extremely curious what the big secret is and if it works as well as he says. I suppose if I had the money I could always ask for it back… he says he does have a money back satisfaction guarantee.

[i]
I know quite a bit about OBEs/Astral Projection.
Its similar to what you learn in Tibetian Dream Yoga.
Even though they teach you not to use it for bad, I often find myself
entering the dreams of my enemies and killing them off in their dream.
resulting in a horrible knightmare.
If you want me to go into detail, I can say I have systematically found out what each one is afraid of the most by this wonderful method.
The only thing is I dont recommend doing it twice the same way, or its not as shocking to them!
:grin:
[/i]

That doesn’t sound very nice! :sad:
Anyways, I somehow think that if someone claims to be the all knowing spiritual person who found a great technique that hey, they’re still human and so am I so I’m not going to pay a bunch of money for something I could find out myself. But I know that kind of thinking doesn’t always work I mean, I could teach myself stuff but it would probably take forever!! I just try to wait and look for a free source on the internet or at the library or ask people in my town and see what’s going on. There’s always an alternative and sometime it’s a FREE one which is cool because I just think that stuff like that should be free. I think that Shane character, if his technique really works then it will pop up somewhere else and you can get it for free. Maybe that’s just wishful thinking. Maybe one of us could buy it and then tell him is doesn’t work and then spill his secret on our boards! (Just kidding.)
Oh no I rambled again. :red:

[color=green]
True adyaira,
But if you really want the book, do research on it, or see what everybody recommends.
When you find the book you are looking for, go to:
anybook4less.com
It allows you to find the lowest price anywhere for your book!
See, I may be evil but im honest and sincere about it :grin:
Isnt that nice?

Namastay Everyone.

[/color]

Thanks, I’ll have to check out that site when I have some (any) money! I’ve always been interested in OBEs but scared to have one. I tried a few times with the Monroe method but I think I knew I wasn’t ready and I was scared so it didn’t work for me. :nono:
I think money spent on spiritual growth is well spent but at the same time I’m poor and it’s really annoying trying to find resources. Luckily there are sites like this one out there. :gni:

Dont worry about the money Aydira…PhantomSpectre promised me he would buy it for u, if u ask him really nice…lol! :wink:

Hahaha that’s nice of him but I still think if i had an OBE I would just freak out, even if I made it happen on purpose. :tongue:

Hmmmm…ok, are u also freaked out by lucid dreams?
Aydira maybe u can ask the PhantomSpectre to read a page of the tibetan yoga book each day just 4 u…that way u can get used to the idea of all that is waiting 4 u in sleep! :wink:

good luck!

:smile:

I’m not afraid of lucid dreams, I’ve had a lot of them and they didn’t scare me at all. I’ve read a couple books (actually all the books in my library) about OBEs. I’m not sure exactly how to pinpoint what freaks me out about having one. I had a weird experience once where I felt myself coming out of my body, but I think most of it is just that I don’t want to encounter something out there I’m not ready for like a demon. But I do want to have an OBE some day when I’m more comfortable with that kind of stuff.

Well i think it is very smart of u to take one step at a time and not dive into something when u dont feel fully comfortable with it…

In the far east (yogi) say that u have 7 levels of sleep and that an obe can only come from a lower then level 4 sleep stage…the deep sleep…not from dreaming or ld level…they call those obe likes just smrt illusions…so if u believe them an obe from ppl after they first had an nde (near death experience) is real…
I think there could be truth in that because ppl who have an obe after a nde always or often meet ppl that died…but ppl that get obe from dreaming stage go out of there body but almost none of them meet those who died…which is strange.
I did some tests with some obe’s i had and they showed out to be just smrt lds that were incredible real…so at least a part of the obe’s ppl have are just smrt incredible real lds…

But well it aint that important…just my perspective…wich is much like the far east that is lightyears further in consciosness experience…they described some things about being lucid in the deep sleep that u can only know if u have been there yourself…
Also in meditation they are much more enhanced then most ppl in the west…but well thats not so strange, it is in their culture 4 centuries already!

Good luck aydira…have fun!

[color=green]
Unfortunately, I have administered a dimmak k.o. to one of two participants once it was signaled that they had made astral / natural light connection.
The result was that the person knocked out was pulled out of it immediately.
Unfortunately since we have done this quite a bit, it seems the “astral body” is still largely dependant upon the physical body.

As I have been doing obe/astral projection/ clear light for a number of years I have found that the main reason people cant get back into their physical body is because they are limited by their perception of reality.
This means that they PERCIEVE they can’t, so as a result they CANT.
I simply percieve myself merging with my body, and there is no problem.
I have even been knocked out myself.

This may be very destructive to others beliefs about life after death, but there still might be some mechanism that enables it at death.
Unfortunately, since people are still hindered by their EARTHLY perception of reality, I dont see it possible to prove it while alive.
Even when you die, your ch’i is still active for a number of minutes (usually 20-40 minutes though you lessen your chances with time.), it is even possible to bring somone back by sticking an acupunture needle into KD1 (kidney point 1) according to medical journals to revive someone if the trauma is not too great. As medical science is finding out the dimmak experts were right all along.
So, even if someone claims to have died they still are limited by their own perception of reality, and having a background also in hypnosis, I dont see an accurate depiction available. Because evedently the subject was still attached by something, (maybe ch’i) still in the physical body.

Tell me your name, I will enter your dream and show you.
[/color]

This is all very interesting to me. Unfortunatly, I have to believe that none of it is true, since I can’t ever reproduce any of this. IM me some time, and I’ll tell you my name so that you can show me if you’d like. On AIM, I’m v313x; ICQ is 17091343; MSN is velex@ematic.com; and I’m on the IRC channel (#ld4all on irc.chat4all.org) as velex.

Ill take your “challenge” too PhanthomSpectre, i would really like to see you do that. So if you have time to do it please throw me message at linnunhammas1@hotmail.com or meet me at chatroom.

Phanthomspectre i understand what u say…still i miss the point!
What is your point here that u want to make?

greetz,

Jeff

[color=green]
Well I guess I really jumped all over the place.
I guess what I was trying to say is that it is actually a lot more different than what people actually think it is.
I am learning new things all the time about it, and was hoping to share experiences I have had.
In general I was trying to say that if you are Astral and you are knocked unconsious, you leave the astral plane and reenter your body.
Thus as a result we need a new way to explain life after death, since the astral body is still largely dependant upon the physical body.

Actually I dont like “OBE” and “Astral Projection” as terms of reference to this, who came up with it anyway? I prefer to call it “clear light” or “natural light” dreams
[/color]

Ok PhanthomSpectre now its all clear to me!
I c now what u mean…

The PhanthomSpectre Said:

Hmmm i believe my quote was a bit to long…
also my own writing was in it!

:happy: Sorry!

What happened to PhantomSpectre? He never entered my dreams.

Hi Velex :smile: ! Ask him again Velex…maybe he didnt knew u wanted him to?

greetz,

Jeff

I just wanted to say, that this works in reverse too. If you are in your physical body and you are knocked unconscious, your astral body takes over.

Actually, although I believe in life after death, I think that OBE’s and dreams are the same things: All in our head. OBE’s seem to be no different from WILD’s except for the fact that those having it believe they are still in the real world and therefore are just observers. I believe, however, that if one believed that an OBE was a dream he could alter his surroundings just like a dream. This is just my opinion.