ever missed obvious hints in your dreams?...

Everyone has these ‘obvious’ thingies from time to time, even more frustrating are the “false-LD’s” which are in my eyes hilarious when reminicing. Just move on and keep doing more. Pick a dreamsign in your dream like… arrows. Each time in RL you see an arrow ask if you’re dreaming - sooner or later (most prob. sooner) it’ll transfer to your dreams and tadaa! :happy:

I miss the most obvious things sometimes. Like once I was flying, and didn’t RC. Guess I was having to much fun.

I find that I can change the weather in some of of my dreams when I’m inside my house.And whenever I’m outside I’m busy running around in the rain and hail.I never even think that it’s slightly weird that this is happening all the time.Right near the end of most of these dreams I end up flying into the sky.

Once I heard someone say,“I want to fly away from here!”

Other times I see movies that don’t exist.Here’s a title from one of them, “Lucid Dreams,” :hm:

Yep. Last night i ran trough berbed wire. when i should had tear my face it only slowed me a little. guess i’m that tough… in my dreams :smile:

I had some dreams where DCs were talking about becoming lucid and I never had picked them up as a signal that I’m dreaming. Also I had been flying before and I never became lucid. I guess I was having a lot of fun that I didn’t see any reasons to become lucid? Don’t worry. You’re not alone!

I had a really frutrating 1last night i could kick myself. i was at my school drinkin a slushy and my friend asked me about my dreams that i always tell him about in RL. and he was lik “ok so how can i have cooler dreams lik u” and for sum weird reason i told him that if he drank the slushy i was drinkin he would have a “lucid dream”. So he chugged then he said “damn is sux we arent having lucid dreams right now” and im lik “yeah i know”. ??? damn u subconscience. if gives me this dream yet it denys me the ability to realize wut is goin on.

I had a dream a few nights ago where I was at a library and overheard some girls talking about checking out the lucid dreaming collection. I told them that in my experience libraries have poor resources for lucid dreaming. Doh!

I had a lucid dream last night. Low level… OF COURSE. I can’t seem to break out of that pattern. I became lucid and the dream was really weird. Im not sure how to describe most of it in my journal. Just after I became lucid though, I flew down to a shoreline… sort of. The water was like a wall in front of me. Fish swam out of it into the air and back again like there was no difference between water and air. Above them a large sperm whale, flat like a flounder, and partly transparent swam through the sky. I could see through its skin… to its bones and organs. Anyway, just thought I would mention it. :content:

In the period I had my first lucid dreams, I often asked myself, am I dreaming? this must be a dream, isn’t it? and very often these checks failed. :alien: try not to reason if it’s a dream, you will believe anything you think.

This one time, I was dreaming I was walking with a seat in my hands. I knew were I was comming from, and I knew I was walking home, it was a 20km (±14miles) track, I tought, this is insane, I cant be walking 15 miles with a heavy seat in my hands. This must be a dream! And I tryed to reason why it was a dream. I tought, last time I went to that place, I’m sure I came back by car, so I can’t be walking now from that place to my home. I reasoned a few other things like that, but none of them could convince me. I didn’t come lucid that night.

When I woke up, I thought, Oh my God, soo close! Why on earth didn’t I become lucid?

Damn Croy, that sucks :smile: You have a very stubborn subconcious :happy:

It seems all of my Non-lds are teases. They always seem to slide the “lucidity theme” in and I usually don’t become fully aware.

Recently I had a dream I was riding in the car with some friends and the song “Catching the butterfly” by “The Verve” started to play. I told everyone to be quiet and listen to the lyrics.
“I’m gonna keep … catchin that butterfly … in that dream of mine. … In my lucid dreams”
For a short moment I questioned my surrounding, but then I thought “I can’t be dreaming, this song sounds too real.” :grrr:

I often dream of songs and I would never recommend them for reality checks. They always seem to be perfect replicas. Note for note and beat for beat.

Someone posted about this song in the lucidity centerstage forum and I’ve been listening to it ever since. It’s a cool lucid dream song. :cool:

You can’t believe how glad I am to see that there are others ‘suffering’ from a “stubborn subconscious”. Funny though is that my subconscious tells me explicitly when it thinks that something bad for me is on the way (believe it or not but I found out my ex-girlfriend was cheating on me via a dream i.e. in the dream I saw with whom she was cheating on me. I checked in reality and she was quite surprised, to say the least, when I told her that I was sure she was having an affair with xyz - just thought I mention it). But lucid dreaming is nothing really dangerous for my health or well-being, is it? And since my subconscious knows that I will seek its advice, why doesn’t it want to cooperate?
But if I take a look at some of the incidents you all mentioned there are two reactions from my side:
a) I had a really good laugh when I read your posts (because of the REALLY obvious hints and the situations - absolutely hillarious! Thanks for your posts :smile: )
b) the hints I received (hands) where absolutely nothing in comparison to some of the hints you received (@ croy, Lostboy, Trigpoe - hang on in there :wink: )

Have nice dreams

Morpheus

I’ve been pretty ignorant in my dreams too. The other day I had one where I was walking down the hall to my room, and as I was walking I decided to do a reality check. So I looked at my hands and they looked normal so I checked around for something to read, but I forgot about that because when I got to my room everything was rearranged (and for some reason my bed was in the floor) So I tried to turn on the lights and to get a better look (hey the lightswitch didn’t work!) Then for somereason I crawled into this hole in my floor and woke up. How dumb was that… :neutral:

I’m thinking of changing my dream name to Oblivious. :eh: I’ve explained to DC’s all about lucid dreaming, in detail, and not caught on. The most bizarre things will happen and I won’t even question them. Even after someone says “this is just a dream!” I did have one very short LD but I have no idea how I became lucid…oh well, guess I’ll just keep trying. I’m consciously stubborn anyway so it figures my subconscious would be. :neutral:

I don’t know that the subconscious is actively working against us… I think that it is merely a preoblme of misuse. All our lives we have been dreaming one way… we play the part of an actor with our subconscious in charge. Now we’re trying to train our minds to work a different way and its not always easy.

I have noticed that I become lucid more often. Each time I have an LD, the interval seems shorter. All we can do is just keep striving for it and laugh at ourselves when we fail in the face of the obvious. :wink:

Now with the holidays, the interval between my LDs also shrinks. Why can’t we have more vacation? :cool_laugh: It would certainly speed up the progress of lucid dreaming a bit.
A few nights ago I dreamt about a friend who has recently died in a car accident. I asked to myself “why is he here? he can’t be alive, because he was buried a month ago!” but I didn’t realize I was dreaming. So frustrating!!

I dreamt that I was being chased by some woman, and I figured I could lift off the ground and hover as I took bigger steps. Then I remembered that being in the air slows you down, so I went back down and continued to run. Then I leaped over this big depression in the ground and while spinning I realized I could keep myself airborne a little more. Well I did get away from the woman, but I never realized that human flight isn’t possible. I was too bussy thinking strategy for getting away. :bored:

I hate it when I analyse something and come up with the wrong explination. Last night I was dreaming of doing this garbage clean up in this town near where I live. I saw a girl I kind of know, who is very pretty in real life, but in the dream, she has very very very very bad acne. I think, “Oh thats strange, she wasn’t like that last time. Must be someone else.”
At least if I was awake I would have done a reality check. But when I’m dreaming I never seem to consider that option.

Umm… well I think a bit of both. Sometimes subconscious is trying hard to make everything look so real so it can fool you into thinking that you’re awake. I have had several experiences where I believe that my subconscious is playing some tricks on me so I can’t become lucid or can’t change from a low-level LD to high-level LD. Who knows?

I have also missed obvious hints in my dreams. After doing many reality checks, some right before bed with hands, I had a very vivid dream of walking in the park holding hands with a girl I know. She even rubbed my hands and rather than knowing it was a dream, the sensation of the hands of emphasized throughout the entire dream. In one dream, I saw my car (red with tan leather interior) parked and when I got to it it was white. I knew my car should be red and wondered what was going on. But it was like the dream was in a rush and I was forced into the car and sort of “forgot about” the mistake. I have to say though, dreams where you become aware or lucid in a car are VERY fun

I think mine takes the cake. Maybe just because its my own experience but . . . :wink:

I was in a dream(obviously) and I was trying on a large brass chain. When I looked in the mirror I was totally covered in acne. I said “I must be dreaming.” So I was doing a reality check. I looked at my digital watch which turned out to be on my left hand(when I go to bed I switch the watch from my right wrist to my left, interestingly enough in my dreams its always on my left arm, its only on my left arm when I’m in bed but back to the main point) I couldn’t make out the numbers on it, it was blurry, nothing else in the dream was blurry but the stupid watch. I looked away then checked it again but I still couldn’t read the time. Stupid me :tongue: