Is this possible?

Is it possible for someone’s mind to hide things from itself?.here’s my problem…

From Oct to middle of Dec I had these dreams. The odd thing was I was unable to remember them…All I knew was I was lucid during them. Even more weird was sometimes Id remember talking to someone…some girl…and Id wake up with the impression that I couldnt wait to talk to her again…

Ive counted how mny times this happened in a month and it was about 8 lucid impression dreams and 5 (some were when i thought I was lucid and other not) with the girl dreams…

Ive been able to remember my dream better now even been abit lucid (I wake up when i find out Im Lucid), so Im hoping Ill find out the answer for myself…but some help from anyone would help…

Maybe Im just going insane… :cool_laugh: …hehehe

Some people say that when you are in a dream you can remember your previous dreams better, even if you can’t remember them in waking life. So to help you remember them you could have a lucid dream with the intention of remembering those dreams. It may work.
Also sometimes i wake up, remember a dream and then i remember that i remembered a dream but can’t remember the dream :eh: Then if i think about it for a few minutes it comes back to me even if, when i start thinking about it, i think i have no hope of remembering it.

Meaby u should try to do a WILD cuz i think u cant forget what u did in your WILD, cuz u enter it concius and ya probaly end it concius also…

You remember dreams best after you awaken directly from REM sleep. Perhaps your having these dreams, which are very important to you, then leaving REM sleep and waking up later. The dreams leave a strong enough impression on you, so you remember them, even after not waking up right after them.

I have recently had the frustrating experience where I know I have had a lucid dream, yet all details of this are gone in the morning. I think it has been happening because I am so tired. I tend to recall only the last REM dream(s).
I do find in quiet moments in the day that I have flashes of inspiration which I have to write down immediately. I can sometimes backtrack from these flashbacks and recall more details by asking myself how I got to the situation I have just recalled.
I also find that a good time to recall last night’s dreams is just before I go to sleep the next night.

Hope this is of some help.

Very interesting, yeah I can speak from my experiences that you remember your previous dreams better when you’re in your dream. I have even remembered my childhood dreams before in my LDs and they came through very clearly and I wake up only not to remember them at all. If I am lucky, I will be able to remember a small piece from there and other from there, but not enough to put the whole picture together like a puzzle.

I can understand that it can be very frustrating as it is to me! We are in the same club, welcome to the club! :shy:

thanks alot guys…Ill try doing WILD, im not to great at em…but i only got 4 hours of sleep…so i should fall asleep quick and without a problem.

plz let us know if u hav any succes, cuz im pretty curious if any of our hints helped u.

I found my answer and you wont beleive it…

OK for the past month my sister has made some new friends (as girls always do). Well I found out one of them is a Lucid Dreamer (out of many things) of course at this time i didnt think about my problem but i began to talk to her…somewhere during our conversation we beagn to disscuss dream sharing. She said she’s done it before, i then remember of my issue and told her a bit of what ive told you guys. She was shocked…she claim to have been talking to a guy who she didnt know…he was someone open and wanted to share and disscuss… I asked her what she remembered and one thing really stood out…the beach. I remember a dream of talking to this girl on a beach…we were disscussing life and its meaning when i was awoken to work…

Either way its very interesting…and ya never know…

Wow, that´s really nice.I hope you can meet again somenight to confirm it

wow , that cool, i thnk its ya duty to train shared dreaming with this girl to prove the existance :razz:

We’ve been thinking of when to try…she’s more experienced with it then I am…so she’ll enter my dream and get me lucid…Im trying to firgure out when tot do this…the rest of this week is too busy and to intesne since we both have tests and soon midterms…but Ill let you guys know when we try…

well i hope for ya shes attracktive cuz they say, shared dreaming can be best performed with someone u spent alot of time wtih :wink:

I wish I knew someone else who could Lucid Dream. Someone I actually know from school or something. Hey, maybe I do, but I havent found out yet. That’d be cool.

yeah, i dont know anyone i RL that LD also, maby we should set up clubs troughout the whole world :smile:

You’d be surprise how many people practice lucid dreaming. Of course finding out is hard, Theres about5 people I know that have done LD’s before in my school, some are more decicated then others…

The delay of this post is brought to you the fact my processor died…damn slow computer I now have

I’ve only ever met one person other than myself who has done lucid dreaming with actual dedication, that is, sticking with it for more than a couple weeks. She’s my friends mom. She did it to overcome her nighmares. We talk about LDing sometimes.