buzz buzz

help, i tried to have my first LD in ages and when i laid my head on the pillow for a long time i heard this fly like buzz(and i know there weren’t any flies in my room) so i dismissed it and then tried again and sure enough after a long time it happend again. Was this a sign of the beggining of a OBE? since i didn’t really want that to happen to i had managed to start to expierence more LD’s

i’ve sometimes heard this not buzzz, but like hhmmmmmm -sound, when i’m about to fall asleep again after waking first up. i also see some wierd flashy lights or figures, though my eyes are closed. i’ve never had an OOBE, but it’s great if this has something to do with it.

i had sorta lights like that (white and blue) that startle me alot when i’m about to fall asleep if i’ve layed still long enough with my eyes closed

and oh,i also have heavy feeling. specially my head feels so heavy, that it feels like i’m not able to move it at all. it’s like i’m kind of stuck in my bed.

this actually may have something to do with my falling asleep -thecnique. i often count down from 100, and when i get to one, i’m in some wierd state and my mind is fuzzy. little difficult to explain… and this is only these times when i haven’t fallen asleep, though… :cheesy:

oh, wow… last night, when i was going to sleep, i was thinking these things. then i just decided, that i’m going to get to that state of mind again. so, i relaxed all my muscles, focused and count down from 100. then, when i get to 1, i didn’t let myself fall asleep, just kept focused, and then came the sound. it was the same hmmmmm -sound. i also saw some wierd lighty-figures, and somehow it felt really difficult to keep my eyes closed.

after some time, i didnt feel like being in my bed anymore. though my arms were right next to me, it felt like they would be far above me. same thing with my legs. i felt so light and i seemd to be floating. it was cool actually.

but my head was different. it was heavy, and the back of my head really hurt, cos i was somehow pushing it hard to my pillow. and though i knew that my head was in normal position, it felt like i was turning it to left.

but then i foated back to normal, and opened my eyes. i was laying in my bed just the way i first was, but not the way i felt being. lol, this really is difficult to explain… so was this some wierdy low-level-OBE or what?

nice! last night i had the very same thing again. not that strong though, but i still did. i ended wierdly. i thought, that if i open my eyes, would i be floating in the air, cos it really felt like that. so, i opened, and for some time i saw the same white figures and my stomach felt wierd, and suddenly i just found myself in normal position. cool… :cool:

I mostly hear the buzz when I had some nights with too little sleep and I’m really tired. There seems to be some connection between the buzzing and my hypnagogic hallucinations.

I used to have several strong hypnagogic experiences a week. In that period I didn’t get enough sleep each night (except for the weekends). When I started sleeping longer (7-8 hours/night) it faded away.

The last few weeks I have been extremely busy, which resulted in less sleep. The buzz is back and so is the hypnagogia. Last night I had a really weird one:

I went to bed and told my wife that it would be great to have some interesting dreams again. My dreams were somewhat blurry and hard to remember the last few weeks. I didn’t remember more than one dream fragment a night (sometimes even less). I had some light buzzing in my ears.
After half an hour or so, I felt a strong kick or push against the side of my head. It felt like someone just smacked me and it woke me up.
I was laying on my side and opened my eyes. Beside the bed I saw a ventriloquists doll floating in the air. I felt fully consious and watched the doll fade from transparency into nothing. The experience lasted only several seconds, but felt really strong.

I hope the doll’s name wasn’t Chucky :wink: heheh