Spirit Guide--MEET HER/Him!!!!

I reeally recommend that all of you try to meet your spirit guide. Let me just start off with all you cathlic/christian people–its not a sin, because you aren’t believing in another god, the spirit guide (I think) is coming from yourself. If you dont think it as holy or as a god, its not really sinful. Now that I got that our of the way, let me well you what happened.

I had a lucid dream, and there was this dog. I suddenly got scared when I saw its head was of this evil skull with sharp teeth and blood thing. I remembered about my spirit guide, and screamed out Spirit Guide HELP! Well my spirit guide’s head took place of the wolf’s face. I was so esctaticated (not sure how to spell). It said something to me like don’t be worried. I felt a connection. This was different then talking to dream charectors, because with your dream guide you are really connected and can communicate. She had long brown/blackish hair and had a very nice voice. I felt sooo comforted. Now whenever I become lucid I call for her to explore the dream with me. And the best thing is that I am no longer scared of sleep paralysis or doing OBEs or WILDs because she is there.

Please meet your dream/spritit guide!

Like you said, it comes only from your head, and thats why it can be betreyous(spelling?), because you subconsious can fool you.
Example: If you ask your dreamguide about something that is important for you, and afraid what she/he might say, he/she will propably say the things your afraid to hear, and thats why its not reliable source of selfguidance, atleast in some things. Im not saying it wouldn’t be any good for other people, but for me, I dont personally believe in such things. In my LDs I usually control my fears and doubts if it isnt the lowest type of LD.

Something I just have to mention about the christian thing. I am a christian myself and I have to say we don’t irrationally and blindly follow our religion. I’ve seen misconceptions of this around the board. I really doubt any christian thinks lucid dreaming is “blasphemous” and condemns anyone who doesn’t agree. Our lifestyles don’t circulate around our religous beliefs contrary to what some of you might have seen portrayed in movies or heard stories about hundreds of years ago. Again, it’s not just this post. I’ve seen it more than once here. I just think it’s unnecessary and almost offensive to assume we’ll bring our religion into this.

Internal belief is most important - not organized religion that are really out for money. Sad, but true.

Yeah, spirit guides rule, but Dead has a good point!

Right, a 2000 year old scam for money by corrupt religious leaders still going stong today. Got it.

I understand your point Paul,but i think you took the intention wrong.Lding is strongly connected with spirituality,spirituality with religions.I guess we bit lost in all this trying not to oofence anyone that such religious disclaimers on the beginning of some post is rather precaution to be understood precisely.Those topics (religions and lds)are so close that in many cases some statement is required to let others understand you better.
umm,i dont know if it makes sense…lets hope:)

I understand what you mean, but can you recall a problem where someone said they were offended by a lucid dreaming technique on this board? I’ll understand the precautions better if people are doing it to avoid a mishap that happened previously.

“…someone said they were offended by a lucid dreaming technique on this board?”

Find it hard to believe:)

Now Paul, I never said organized religion was intended to be a scam. But look at it - what does organized religion offer? It gives leaders power, money, support, etc.

Are you saying that being part of a church makes one more faithful to God than just believing in him/praying to him at home?

I can’t tell whether or not you understood what I said…

I’m not sure where I implied religion excludes people who don’t go to church. Religion is the worship of and belief in God and his teachings, be that in a church with other people or alone by yourself. People tend to go to churches because it’s more traditional, more organized, and you can learn more.

By leaders, do you mean the Reverends? The only money they receive is their salary, they don’t take money from the collection plate. And what power? The power to decide what sermon to speak about? They don’t control us in any way, we just look to them to decide a certain topic to preach about. Also, any support anyone gives to the church benefits everyone in the church.

It’s really quite simple. I don’t know why people try to complicate it by throwing in ideas of mysterious alternative motives or scandal.

I agree with Jack here. He puts my viewpoint into words very well.
Paul ask " but can you recall a problem where someone said they were offended by a lucid dreaming technique on this board?"
Uh … actually yes. :eh: In this same thread you mention “I just think it’s unnecessary and almost offensive to assume we’ll bring our religion into this.” :bored: but yet Paul you have brought “your” religion into this … and you seem to be the one offended.

Though I assume that you are offended by ben7’s “disclaimer” more than the technique itself. Either way this topic has been destroyed and taken totally off topic. Sorry ben7, but it seems your friendly disclaimer got more attention than your original intention.

Like Jack said I think you took ben7’s intention wrong. Ben wanted to share the importance and benefits of having a spirit guide. I interpreted it as “everyone should give spirit guides a chance.” Ben seems to be aware that some people might think that “visiting a spirit guide” as dangerous and sinful. He was just asking for everyone to give Spirt Guides a chance.

I have met two spirt guides in my lucid dreams. They never seem to stay the same. Ben7, do you always have the same spirit guide? Does he/she always look the same and dress the same?

I think that most everything in dreams are created from the dreamer. That doesn’t mean that spirit guides can’t help you. I think that dreams are very powerful and give life to your ideas. If you have the idea that a spirit guide can give you helpful knowledge, then I think you can tap into your sub-conscious/spirt guide and recieve the helpful knowledge that is already in you. In a sense, you are your own spirit guide. You have to take the first attempt at trying to contact or conjure up that part in your dreams that can “guide” you.

PS. Welcome to the forum Paul. Let us please reserve this thread for it’s original topic. If you must continue the “religion” discussion please try to communicate through private messages. PMs
Or maybe start your own thread in the Lucid Lounge.

I recently met mine… but they never are the same. At first, I met my eagle guide who just officially announced that I’m now a dream guide ( :eh: )??? and my last guide that I met was a sleeping guide… she told me that I can call her anytime when I need to get inspired or just to fall asleep. :smile: She was very beautiful! I wish you were there with me! :tongue:

I’ve met my subconsciousness in an LD once. At least she told me she was my subconsciousness… She looked a lot like a psychologist I know…

Hahahaha… I think you mean “organized CRIME” not religion! :content: My father’s a Unitarian minister and so far we haven’t seen any of that “organized religion” money so I think you must be mistaken. Remember that you are only ever going to hear bad reports about any given church (i.e. the Catholic priest scandals). No one is going to tell any stories about the nice quiet churches that help people find some sort of spiritual path for themselves because (read this with HEAVY sarcasm) who cares for a story about people trying to live nice, fulfilled lives?

Not that you need to follow some established religion to find your own path to fulfillment but I think you know what I mean. For people that want that help or find something they like in a certain church, its good that they’re there to help. I don’t think many churches are all about the power or money either. I think its just a case of a few bad examples ruining it for everyone else.