Where did you first hear about lucid dreaming?

When I was in high school my friend was telling me about these glasses that a friend of his had that just had blinking LED lights on the inside. He was wearing them and listening to some music and while he was awake began having hypnogogic imagery… he said that the colors began to swirl and then next thing he new he was standing in a street filled with people and somehow he knew that he was having a dream or a vision.

I didn’t know the term lucid dreaming at the time. I found out about that later but thats the first time I had ever heard of the possibility.

i always sort of new i could control my dreams, even though i never have, and i thought it would be cool so i just looked up in yahoo, controlling your dreams, and voila, here i am, a lucid dreamer!

I found about this ‘stuff’ from a friend of mine yesterday actually. He encouraged me to look around the site and if i liked it, i should sign up. So i did. I think this site is interesting. I like reading about all the people that have had lucid dreams b4 and what they experience in them. I haven’t had ONE yet…but i will try & see if it actually works. :content:

hmm…I actually don’t remember :mrgreen_hat:

wow u lucky prick lol no offence.

This is gonna sound strange but i kinda just new about it same with my bro. i told he that he told me about it and he says that i told him bout it.

Whatever happened i knew for a while about it but couldnt do it all the time . See quote lol. I have an abilty for just senseing and knowing things. I get it from my mum any 1 know what it is called?

Paul Did you like the book catcher in the rye? I noticed your quote was from it …

long ass time agao, probly about 4, this might sound stupid but i was into that black magic voodoo stuff and i had an ouji bored and i belive a ghost was stalking me so it said something about obes, so i looked more into it and it said something about lucid dreaming and then i looked more into that and i found this site, it has help me alot

no it isnt stupid i have had that 2 but not been told bout oobe or lding they just talk 2 me and tell me things.

once i iwas in my dining room and i heard a screem in the back of my mind a little girl i think bout 8, my brother froze and said he felt uneasey but he didnt hear the screem, i had 2 friends over 2

i sat down in the lounge room and my brother kept looking at the dining room. i saw static appear around the door (does any 1 else see this?) and i saw a shapw wlak through, my freinds shuddered, but didnt really react, a girl came sat next 2 me and asked 4 my help, i was totaly freeked out but lookeda at her, she said she couldnt get out, i kinda imanged a portal opening above her, a static portal, then she smiled and floated up through it.

She has come back some thimes and just alks 2 me and asks if i need help with any thing weird huh.

sorry thats off the topic but hey it came 2 mind

Actually, I first heard of this watching Star Trek: Voyager. The entire crew was having dreams that featured a similar-looking alien, then discovered that some of the crew could not wake up, they were stuck in a ‘hyper REM’ state. Chakotay told the doctor he could try to make contact with the alien in the dreams in a Lucid Dream. It took me some time, but I finally decided to look it up online…

I was on a cannabis.com forum and somebody posted a link to this article. https://dog.net.uk/claude/dreams.html#howto I read through it and thought it was interesting, so I did a search on lucid dreaming and eventually ended up here.

I actually read the quote somewhere else before I read Catcher in the Rye, and I’ve always liked it. I thought Catcher in the Rye itself was pretty good, but not great.

I was reading Carlos Castaneda’s series of books about his apprenticeship with Don Juan - I highly recommend reading these books. He would do something which he referred to as dreaming. When I was about 15 I’d sometimes have dreams where I’d feel like I was about to have a nightmare and desperately try to wake myself up. A combination of remembering this and reading the Castaneda books got me really interested in finding out about dreaming. I searched on ‘amazon’ and found books with lucid in the title. This is how I found out that they were called lucid dreams. I haven’t had one yet but I’m still really interested in finding out about them and eventually being able to do it myself.

Has anybody else read any Carlos Castaneda books?

See you, :tongue:

My friend posted a link in a netgame in about 4 a.m and he told me to check out how you can control your dreams. I thought it was some sort of crazy peoples thing, and it couldn’t possibly be true :smile: About 3 weeks later I had my first (and yet) last LD.

The way i knew about it, when i was little like 10 years old i was at my friend house and he told me to wake him up in 8am, i went to sleep then i woke up in 7am, so i went back to sleep then in the dream suddenly i realized that im dreaming, so i started walking and touhcing objects and i said to my self “i must wake up i need to wake up my friend” and i tryed to wake my seld up, but nothing worked evntually i lost my lucidty and i woke up in 8:30 am, then few days later i told all my friends about this very cool dream i had when i knew im dreaming, then few years later some one send a link to lucid dreaming site in a chat or somthing so i went in to see what it is, and i started reading and i remmbered the ld i had, i was so exited.

sorry for my not very good english :eek:

yeah, WAKING LIFE, really just jarred things up in the ol noggin for me. i had always had pretty good recall, and just decided it was something i was going to seriously try and achieve.

yea i found out because i was looking up stuff on dreams cause i wanted to interpret my dreams. so while looking up dream interpretation, i stumbled on lucid dreaming, and i couldn’t believe my eyes! it still amazes me, i’m so glad i found it… i mean, if you sleep 1/4 of your life, that’s just a waste! LDing and better dream recall itself make sleeping so much better.

I have always had dreams where I somehow knew I was awake, sleep paralysis false awakenings… Can’t recall how i first heard about LD but i can remember how i and my friend searched for info about ld and tried the tricks about ten years ago and they worked for us. It nice to have friend to talk about it and after i found this forum there are loads of them :smile:

I discovered Lucid Dreaming from this site, it was during one of my aimless internet surfing days, “Hmm, lucid dreaming what’s that? let me just click on this link…” and then it began! But now that I think hard about it when I was like in yr7 one of my teachers told me he could control his dreams but I had no idea what that was back then… wish I did :wink:

I was reading on Tara K. Harper’s webpage, reading how she writes her novels and she was talking about dream control but didn’t say how she did it, so I did a search and eventually ended up here.

:smile: Hi Tride15…I had my first lucid dream 18 years back, when i was 19. After several lucid dreams I went searching for books to see if others had these kind of dreams to and how these dreams were called. My first book was that of Stephen Laberge.

Good luck!

Jeff