For all that think OBEs are real

I believe that dreaming can lead you to another part of your brain that you dont use often. But I also believe that OBEs are different. I think that they are a spritual part that is found deep withen you. Right now the minor things like floating and distorted furniture are just kiddy stuff. In the old days (and now), buddist used that to talk to god and answer questions. Thats why they “know all”. Also they could heal, float, and move things/people. I think it is related to OBEs and meditation.

Oh yes lol…its not seeing 4 dimensional its seeing in all 3d directions…oops!
Thx imagine… :smile:

Jeff

I go with Ed Case on this one. It is like using your mind to go to another area without moving. If u believe in god, where exactly is he or she? Or maybe there is a separate world for dreams like the greeks believed.

:cool_laugh: Where did you hear this bs? Im a christian/buddhist and I’ve never heard anything funnier in my life :happy:
Levitating and that stuff are more of yogi stuff, not buddhists, and I don’t believe levitating is even possible. It has come from the feeling of “floating” during meditation and that’s why they say they can “float”. And buddhist will certainly NOT go out of their bodies every night to talk to God, because buddhists don’t think that God is important AND the use of meditation is not for leaving their bodies, it’s for attaining enlightenment. That’s why they “know all”(which they don’t), because so many buddhists have attained enlightenment. Enlightenment is merely seeing all things, even yourself, as they are. That healing part maybe correct because of some paraphysical abilities of some monks, but the floating people and objects around? :content:

Oh, and by the way, buddhists dont believe in “soul”, altho I believe. But for me, soul is our lives.

It actually sounds like a description I heard of what our 3-dimensional world would look like if you saw it from a 4-dimensional standpoint, so maybe you were more right than you think.

But we are in 4 dimensions aren’t we? Isn’t time the 4th dimension?

Ed.

srry dead. I got that whole thing mixed up.

Yeah, sorry, I meant four SPACE dimensions.

If it is, than it would be 4 dimentional sight, like Insane_Goth said.

Is time the fourth dimension? I’ve heard about it before, but I thought it was just a theory and they hadn’t figured out what the fourth dimension was yet. Is it a scientific fact? Don’t know how I missed that one.

I look at it this way. Dimensions, like length, width and height can all be measured. Thats a defining parameter of a dimension, you can measure it. You can measure time, so I think of it as a dimension, and just because of the order we put this stuff in, its the fourth dimension. Thats what I think anyway.

Yeah, but time is only a concept invented by humans and hasn’t be proven to be a concrete “object” or dimension in the space. Einstein tried to explain time with speed and distance, you can go some distance with some speed in some “time”, like a lightyear, so time is relevant with speed and distance. Clock isn’t a measurement device used to measure time. It is inaccurate and it only shows what hour it is. Time can’t be measured because “time” doesn’t exist.

For me, like I already said, there is no time in space. There is only space and events. Events change the space and the space is always changing, like ourselves. Think about it: look at this moment, this present moment. What would the space be if it weren’t present? There is no past or the future, just this moment, this space, and events that change it. Sure you can say that “what about dead people who lived like 1000 years ago? Aren’t they in the past?” but if you think about it, you realize that they have lived and died in the same space as you, not in some other space that had some other time and that even if their dead, the materia that used to be their bodies will never be destroyed.

You can look at it this way: the event of their birth and death happened 1000 years(an event where the earth circles the sun 1000 times) before the event of your birth, so between their death and your birth is just lots of events that have changed the space (they have been died, the earth had circled the sun 1000 times, the events on earth that have been shaping the lanscape and culture during those 1000 rounds, you have been born).

Every atom has been here since the beginning, just the form of the atoms change, where are the atoms in use and how.

Oh, and what about time travelling? It’s pretty simple if you think: you can’t undo or change things that have been already done, it has undone itself at the moment the event stopped and therefore seized to exist.

Dead, you said there is no time in space, well that’s because it isn’t space, it is time. Your reason for thinking that time isn’t a dimension is based on your idea that it isn’t a space dimension so therefore it isn’t a dimension. To me, this is a narrow view of what a dimension is. No, time isn’t a space dimension, it is a time dimension. As far as I know, there are 3 space dimensions and 1 time dimension, and probably loads of other dimensions that aren’t either space or time, but are things that we can’t even comprehend within our limited 4-dimensional perception of the universe.

This seams like a classic case of people disagreeing of what category something is before even coming up with an agreed definition of what that category is. Of course you’re gonna disagree on whether something is a dimension or not if you haven’t even yet come to a fixed idea of what a dimension actually is. It’s like saying “An apple is not a vegetable.” First you have to decide what the definition of a vegetable is before you can even decide whether the apple is or isn’t one.

Many people refer to tomatoes as being vegetables, yet they are actually fruit. It all depends on your definition of what things are. Everything is relative and subjective, and people just assign words to things to describe them. It’s all words, just words. It’s all whatever you think it is, based entirely on what all these words actually mean to you.

I mean, you’re saying the word “dimension”, but do you actually mean dimension? If by dimension you simply mean Space Dimension, then what you’re saying is true. Don’t restrict the definitions of things based on your own limited viewpoint. You could even be meaning Lettuce or Car or House, how the hell do we know?

I could say “A car is a type of house,” which you might think is wrong, but if by saying House I actually mean Vehicle, then I’m right in my own head, just wrong in everybody elses.

You’re right in your own head. We all have our own private universes in there.

:smile:

Ed.

It has been speculated by many scientists that time is the 4th dimension of space. I haven’t heared of “time dimension” and if you mean what I think it’s about the speed of light and relevancy between speed and distance. That would be the 4th “dimension” of the space. But the old belief was that you can’t go faster than light, but some years ago a group of scientists accelerated some molecules to go faster than the speed of light for a moment so time isn’t relevant with the speed of light so this 4th dimension of space, called time, doesn’t exist, atleast in space as you said.

But what is the “time dimension” about? I know the concept “dimension”, it doesn’t have to be seen, heared, felt or tasted but it’s there somewhere. Tell me about it because Im too tired to look it up from the google :content:

I have absolutely no idea. I just felt like writing a stupidly long-winded reply. lol:

:cool:
Ed

Hehe, well it doesn’t matter anyway, because wheter we argue about this or not, things are just as they are :smile:

Ok, back to topic, OBEs being real or not that is :content:

Well, I think when it was proposed that time was the fourth dimension it was meant to be read as endurance… possibly. Take it this way… an object exists when it has the three dimensions in space: height, width, length… whatever. For it to continue to exist in space it must also endure. Otherwise it would exist only for one moment and then be lost. Therefor time is the fourth dimension concerning physical existence. Thats the way I had it explained to me anyway.

But time doesn’t exist as a force (like gravity). Its a concept that we have come up with to explain the movement of matter and energy in the universe. Time isn’t measurable… there is no way to scientifically prove that it exists. Its only a word used to describe abstract thoughts about change.

Exactly.

Now, let’s stick on topic please :smile:

But how do you define “one moment”? No matter how short a space of time you choose to observe, it’s still time, even if it’s just in that “moment”, it’s still in that moment in time. It’s like, no matter small an object you have, it still takes up all 3 space dimensions, just as how even if something only exists for like a thousanth of a nanosecond, it had still existed in time, just a very small section of it.

And as for whether things exist in demensions, doesn’t everything exist in every dimension? It’s only our perception of everything which is limited.

Ed.

very interesting conversation here. this topic has been here in the forum for so long time, and i just found it now. hmh.

but anyway, i actually don’t seem to have any opinion about this. i just know that i can’t be sure about anything in this world. really. do things really excist, is my life real, or maybe i’m in coma and this all is my imagination… or a dream… well, it’s too heavy for me to even start thinking so difficult things.

[color=red]
This topic has been locked. You can find the next part of For all that think OBEs are real here.
https://community.ld4all.com/t/for-all-that-think-obes-are-real-part-ii/6684/1
[/color]