The Big OBE topic part II

This is the second (!) part of the Big OBE topic. Part one has been locked. You can find it here:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-big-obe-topic/4821

Yes Trigpoe i have!
I use a combination from selfhypnosis and meditation and with that i can go also under deep sleep and stay lucid…there you get an NDE witch is a real obe experience. Same as ppl have while at an operation and the heart and eeg goes flat.
U can also use this tech from within a lucid dream and let your dreambody fall a sleep…u get the same result…how ever you first move through the deep sleep then and under the deep sleep level the obe begins.

Jeff

I had my first OBE, last night.

It was 3.30u AM, and I couldn’t sleep well, I kept turning in my bed. I must have doze off, but then, I was “awake” and I couldn’t feel my legs and arm, and the rest of my body was buzzing. I felt like I had my back arched, chest up. o___/\O, where /\ is my spine. I was lying head up on my back by the way.

In three breaths, I felt the buzzing grow, and the next moment I was floating above my body. I flew right, through the wall, and a little above. It lasted for 5 seconds, and then I thought:

“I have to go back, since this is my first OBE and Robert (from astral dynamics) advised to only be a short while out the first time, so you remember everything”

So I concentrated on my body, and I felt my nose. (It was a little itching, that’s why I must have felt it), then I was back in my body again. Completly awake, not numb as you normally would wake up.

For a dream it was far to real, and I don’t believe it was a LD. I think i got my OBE because I read the evening before zillions of idea’s what people would do in a LD, so I had many things wanting to try out. I also read a trance technique, for AP/OBE.

greetz, Isaac

nice one Isaac!
keep us posted on what you accomplish, maybe in a dream journal? I’m interested on how you are doing with Bruce’s methods.

What is this all about??

Is it a type of LD?

You’ve never heard about OBEs (Out of Body Experiences)? Well, in my controversial yet justified opinion, yes, they are a type of lucid dream. They share too many things in common with dreaming (in terms of both requirements and effects) for them to be a completely different phenomenon.

But this isn’t the place for that, there are other threads for the purpose of debating their existence. A search on google will return anything you could possibly want to know about them, short of how to reliably induce them.

Pilot,

I had that one accidentely. The rope method from the treatisie on OBE didn’t work for me, I think I must concentrate on trance meditation and being on the border of asleep and awake first.
I now am trying some WILD, because when my OBE happened, I was on the edge of being awake and being asleep. I think this is the big key.

But I’m not doing my meditation daily anymore :sad: , I should do it (Espacially before going to bed, it always caused my to remember my dream better)
And for my dream journal, well, there a few clear dreams in it which I found interessing, plus that OBE-like experience. :sad:

I made a promise to myself right now I’m going to have my dreamjournal updated and I meditate daily and I do some WILD if I woke up at night, hope I can maintain that promise

Oh, and by the way, the past two days, when I woke up, I went first consciously awake, and then, after one or two seconds of still dreaming, I completely wake up. Anyone know what this is about? Maybe Hypnagogic, since you can have them also when you wake up?

Wow, sounds reall weird, is it scary?

If you experience this, and you don’t know anything about this all, you’ll be scared, duh.

But since I read a lot about this topic I knew what was going on and what I could expect. I know that I was supposed to feel this buzzing and suddenly be floating above my body, so nothing to fear. It was one heck of a cool experience though :smile:

A little update:

This morning, the 21th, it was like 6AM and I had my breakfast already to because I didn’t get to sleep. (I woke up at 5.10AM). I went back to bed, still finding it a little hard to sleep and suddenly, I felt those vibrations again. I had SP and I tried to get out, but I didn’t succeed because I was lying on my side, not on my back. :sad: Maybe if I tried a little harder, but I think I was afraid of moving with my real body. But that never could, cause I were paralysed. ARGH… Im so stupid.
I fell back asleep when it didn’t work.

Note that all my OBE/WILD experiences don’t happen on purpose, but when I can’t sleep. So, this is what I think now:
When I try consciously to do WILD or have a OBE, I must absolutely think nothing and I have to let myself almost fall asleep, but I must stay awake enought not to be conscious of anything, but to feel those vibrations. Those will wake me up again and then I can go out. I also must lie on my back.

I would like to say that I don’t know whether to add this to the old thread or begin a thread based on this iteration of the topic.

I had a OOBE last night (you can read how I did it on the “trance state for OOBE” thread below) and clearly the event did not take place in Da Real World even though I did not realize this at the time.

much of the furniture had dissapeared and a sourcless light filled the room. I rationalized that I had left the lamp on (which I had not). to give some minor examples. the palce did not look bizarre or phony in any way. (I only noticed the sourceless light just now… it looked like electric light not anything strange.)

I have had several OOBE’s before and IMHO one at least took place in Da Real World. this one did not (unless the room metamorphized itself… probably not). I wondered if anybody had practice going from “fake” OOBE’s to real ones.

(I did not have one “fake” OOBE in which it turns out I had awareness of something real that I could not have known otherwise. still, the environment did not seem right even during the OOBE. nothing, again, bizarre, just wrong in small ways…)

thanx…

Hello there
:cool_laugh:
I’m fairly new to this forum. I have been searching around for information and decided to join. OOBEs are my biggest interest in this site and I have found quite a lot of stories and techniques. Thanks to everybody that has posted. Anyway…
I would just like to say to some of you – A few people here have said that they haven’t gotten “out” because they have been on their side, or whatever. It has been in my experience, that there is no need to think this way. You can get “out” using normal relaxation, or by total accident.

And I would also like to describe how my OOBE’s come about. — Usually I will wake up at 3-6 in the morning and be awake for at least 30 minutes doing something physical( walking, working, etc.) Then I will go to sleep, preferrably where it is a little warmer than is comfortable. After about 10-20 minutes of meditation, I will begin to hear voices, or children playing, or some form of sound. From here I will enter a dream state in which I am fully aware(lucid) And I am aware of my physical body. After this I can begin the vibrations and soon lift out.

If you would like to talk or whatever, just email me. Thanks for reading guys and gals. Please continue posting about your OOBEs, they are very interesting.

Good bye for now,
Chris

:happy: Welcome then Projectingmind :happy:

There are indeed many tech to obe!
You can add some to the total of experiences here on this forum! :smile:

Greetz,
Jeff

I once accidently nearly OBE/Astrual projected (or whatever). I felt a swaying movment of, what I beleive was, my astrual body. I then felt vibrating, but the surprise made me come back. I hope this is enough, I’m not really sure with this subject.

Technodreamer.

I felt alot of vibrations and some sort of cramp most in my hands. I wasn’t sleeping on my back or my stomach, I slept on the side on my shoulder if you understand what I mean. I tried to think myself outside my body, and I felt myself floating away from the body. I dont know if I my eyelids were closed, but I could see a small circular area of my wall, with black and red colors around, the vision was kinda blurred. I didn’t float upwards, maybe cause the sleeping-position, and I only float about 2-3 decimetres before I “wokeup”. I think I got the feeling how to do it now.

I noticed that music can greatly help for OBEs just like how they can for LD. I set my cd player to one of my favorite trance songs and left it paused at the start then set the remote by my hand. I meditated for about 20 minutes and by that time my body was completely numb. I acknowledged my right hand and moved it over a few inches to my remote to start the song. Then I just focused strictly upon the song and I was able to start feeling these waves through my body. As the song progressed they seemed to flow to the song and the progressively got stronger. I had a lightweight feeling and I was able to slightly move my astral arms a bit. I began to feel the seperation, but the song faded out and I lost it :cry:

I’m going to try this method again, but I’m going to use one of my live trance CDs which fades the songs into each other and that might help the severing of the attention span at the end of a song.

ok well i was going to sleep last night and i had a dream about taking a class that taught you how to OOBE. (i know, weird hah )

so i learn how to do it along with my classmates and i become paralized in my dream and very tingly and we all slide out of our chairs like boards. i don’t actually wake up, actually im not really sure because my dream kept going on but with other wacky stuff.

i remember feeling numbness in both hands and my arms only, not actually my whole body (i don’t believe so) so what was it do you think? i tend to keep dreaming about having experiences that i read on here, like the other day i dreamt about having a lucid dream but i didnt actually have one and i dream about waking up. its weird, and i know its common… so did i OOBE? what did i do? thanks!

Isaac: “Note that all my OBE/WILD experiences don’t happen on purpose, but when I can’t sleep.”

Exactly how my success started in LD, WILD, and AP. Being FULLY mentally alert at the end of WBTB helps so much personally. I’d say daily Meditation is an essential when it comes to AP. Remember: don’t think about meditating, just do it. Follow a daily schedule and if you keep at it for a month, your own power inertia will keep you at it for good.

To anybody who’s read Carlos Castaneda’s Don Juan series are OBEs what Castaneda experiences when he lucid dreams. He talks of having dreams where he sees himself sleeping. Having never experienced a LD let alone OBE I wouldn’t know. Thanks to anybody who can answer. :smile:

Last night I decided to try to get an obe. I read the ebook “Do obe” and followed the advise given. I laid down, tried to get hypnagogic imagenery while staying highly focused on my goal. Every 10 seconds I said to myself that I’d be still awake and stuff like that. I also tried to open my chakras by concentrating on them…

After a while i felt dully Vibrations throughout my body…like there’d be some kind of energie inside floating around. I got very excited so these vibrations eventually stopped. I thought that this would be the end but suddenly i’d feel an “energy jump” in my left leg…lt was like pulling out energy out of my body!! Afterwards, my left leg felt much lighter and I was, unfortunatly fully awake…

How close am I to obe?

bringing this topic back to life, or trying to

hello

To respond to your exp ginkgothian, i think that you are close to an OBE, considering you most likely are able to induce the vibrational state (im sure the transition from single body part to whole body is easy once you can induce it, kind of imagine the energy growing or something, like it is spreading slowly but surely). As for excitement kind of bringing you out of it i can relate, too many times i have had my body awaken from excitement of SP and float state. One thing to keep in mind as you get into practicing, is to not expect too much too soon, because being consciously awake makes it harder to deepen things. (at least i think so) and cuz to expect is to set yourself for dissappointment if you dont progress as youd like to.

Oh a big thing to keep in mind is to not think, i dont know if you think alot but if you do a good tech is conscious breathing (at least while your body is still awake), and then once you get into the deeper states, i dont know. Just kind of ‘be’ if that makes any sense. Like right now look at your surroundings, but dont question them, dont comment on them. So while your in that state in sleep, and get a thought or image, dont fight it or curse yourself, just let it go and continue to be conscious of only the present moment.

Oh, in regards to progressing, in my case i make huge steps (steps that are like months apart, spontanaeity and chaos), for example, before i knew what ‘twilight state’ (below) was, i did not get closer and closer to it, but i only discovered it through spontaneously consciously waking up in it :tongue: , my body asleep like a log. Since then from that experience ive gradually kind of put up a little staircase so to speak, knowing where the next level was. HOWEVER dont think that this is exactly how its going to be for you, in fact you very well might make gradual but sure progress, considering how you got vibrational state in one leg and maybe float state after, rather than the whole body.

hope that helped :smile:

cut, paste, done

hello all (again)

Whenever i do AP practice (which i havent been doing much of lately :shy: ) I noticed that if i pay too much attention to my body and how it feels, that it will get stuck or just that i would not progress anymore. Its kind of like forgetting your body but the trick is in remembering it later, but not your physical body but your ‘being’ as i like to think as you can feel it trying to float out (farthest ive got as far as conscious effort AP goes, all my OBE are spontaneous or uncontrollable like id suddenly wake up floating out kind of awkward cuz i couldnt really control it, or in another i was kind of ‘swaying’ and then got kind of ‘pulled out’ or something…hehe my conditioned need for a point of balance).

Usually the farthest i get is sort of consciously waking up into a state where i can feel my body, and almost see it like its in a blue light (light the color on the ground and trees etc from a full moon), i call it ‘twilight state’’ in respect. There im stuck, but the thing is in that state i never think about AP, or anything really. With my few OBE two of them had twilight state preceding them (that i remember), but the thing im trying to figure out is the transition between falling asleep and twilight state, and also the blackout between twilight and suddenly waking up feeling like youre floating inside your body.

Thing ive noticed is that i never got vibrational state as ive heard it called except from this one dream where I was like some sort of monk and then i jumped to this patch of grass lit by the sun, meditated, and then suddenly woke up lucid in the vibrational state, i dont know it was kinda freaky, everything looked golden but in a weird way, guess its just my newbie response :content: but i eventually knew what it was at the time and tried to AP but couldnt cuz it felt like the ‘electricity’ (how it felt) was holding me back (stuck in the pattern of the high frequency feeling if that makes any sense). But anyways hope that stuff was a little helpful, the experiences of a yet to be APer.

I think the trick in regards to AP is to kind of let go, let it happen. When i pursue it i get stuck, and then when i just kind of mellow boom im floating in my body. I speak from the one conscious actual AP ive had which was where i consciously woke up into the floating state, desperately tried to float out or seperate, and then i just kind of gave up and the next thing i know, im floating out, all awkward as usual. I also speak from my conscious pursuits into twilight state cuz usually if i try hard to attain it, i cant get there (far too often its the itching that gets me, way early on, anyone else get that?) but then i’ll just kind of give up (but not in an ‘ug’ way just not try as hard, kind of like an ‘if i dont get there oh well’ mixed with ‘im already there’ attitude) and then its like i’ll pull a dip in consciousness and then kind of wake up or notice that everything suddenly feels very different. Then i get stuck :shy: Sorry if i cant really describe it that good this stuff is hard to describe in words! I guess what im trying to say is that its probably wise to not try so hard.

As for the giving up attitude what i meant was dont give up in an ego manner like ‘aw forget this!’ and just roll on your side or something and fall asleep but to pursue it not in an ego manner like ‘oh ive gotta AP’ to something more like ‘I know i will AP, I just have to let it happen’

So anyways any advice on how i can advance, from the experts out there? :help: Any comments on stuff i brought up, like the different states? Im more interested to hear about other peoples experiences though.

Sorry for the long post hope it wasnt a bore, like i kind of said above, i ask that you DO NOT consider your own experiences, if you feel less experienced than i, to follow in my footsteps. I personally feel that we all progress about such things VERY DIFFERENTLY, and so thats why i ask you to consider such with like a handful of salt, not just a grain. :wink:

Oh by the way im not sure if i got my acronyms right, but im pretty sure that OBE is out of body experience, and that AP is astral projection, that the difference between them is that AP is a consciously induced OBE…? :shy:

Is it possible to forget an OBE? Right now I have such horrible dream recall that I might have already had a lucid dream but forgotten it. Would my efforts be better spent trying to acheive an OBE instead of a lucid dream?