Arguing to myself about dreaming????

I was wondering if this happens to anyone else??

What happens is I will be happily dreaming for a litle bit and then I suddenly say “I’m dreaming”. This is normally good but the problem is someone is always arguing that I’m not. One time it was just a voice and the other 2 times it was a DC. They never give up and I always end up agreeing with them that I am not dreaming and then I loose my partial lucidity.

I’m trying to find out if someone knows a way to overcome this or do I just like arguing to myself???

i know what you mean. they, i mean DCs are always lieing to me. they like try to stop me for having an ld by saying that every wierd thing, that happen all the time in dream, is completely normal. and if i wonder something and ask someone how it can happen, they dont answer to me really…

but you should just be strong and argue more so you dont lose your lucidity. and do some effectife RC or something like try flying, so you can be sure that youre dreaming. good luck!

:grin:

If you’re lucid when this happens just make the people arguing with you disappear or you could just try to start flying or do something else that will help you keep lucidity. But it may be that you said you were lucid when you actually weren’t so you gave in to the argument. I’ve had a whole dream where I thought I was lucid but only realized when I woke up that I wasn’t. It’s like if we think we’re lucid in our dreams (when we’re not) we don’t try to become lucid anymore because we think we already are.
But if you’re certain that you were lucid then try my first suggestion, it might work.

Uh, Tride, I’m having hard time grasping the concept of “false lucidity”.
If the definition of lucidity is that you know you’re dreaming, and you are, how is the lucidity not true lucidity?

Do you mean that in your dream, even tho lucid, you have false memories of the waking state? I.e. that you’re having your dream on a space station?

I’ve had a lucid dream where I thought I was sleeping on the livingroom floor and there was Conan O’Brien show on the tv. I did wake to that situation, but it was an FA and in reality I was sleeping in the kitchen. (Ya, I know, bedroom gets so old after a while.)

Explain, pleez? :slight_smile:

I think Tride means that in the dream s/he thought he was lucid. S/he was doing things s/he might have done when s/he was lucid. But when s/he woke up, s/he found that s/he was, in fact, not lucid.

Think of it as simply saying you are lucid when you are in a dream. Just because you said it doesn’t mean it’s true. So you say/think your lucid when you’re still unconcious and this saying/thought doesn’t trigger actual conciousness. It’s a normal dream where you are fooling yourself into thinking that you are truly lucid in this dream. If this is not the case, it’s not the case. You should be able to tell if you were lucid or not once awake, so you were probably truly lucid in these dreams you are explaining.

And MetaKnight, by the way, I’m a “he” :cool: