Do you ever just spontaneously LD?

What I mean is, do you ever simply realize you’re dreaming without noticing any dream signs or WILDing? That’s how the majority of LDs happen for me. I’ll be dreaming and, all of a sudden, it’ll just become self-evident to me that I am dreaming. It’s like some kind of intuition takes over and the dream becomes lucid without any triggers.

Thats how the majority of my LDs happen. It’s really odd I haven’t done a lot of RCs or anything like that haven’t trained myself much cause I’m smoking a bit too much ganja and killing most of my dream recall. In most of my dreams and it’s been happening more latley I’ll just suddenly realize that i’m dreaming but whenever I do it’s not a shock, in fact it feels quite natural when I notice it… don’t know if it’s like this with anyone else

I have always done that. I just know that I am dreaming without doing anything or noticing anything. I’ve been doing this for years now.

Same here

It can be really shocking for me, but often it´s is just like realizing something I knew all the time anyway.Perhaps at the first time´s it was more “shocking”, could be that I kinda get used to it.

Traumgänger

All my LDs have been like that too.

In the rare cases that I actually do a reality check in a dream it’s because I already strongly suspect it’s a dream and just want to confirm it.

I wonder what’s triggering the knowledge. People have mentioned that when you’re awake you never genuinely wonder if it’s a dream, which suggests that despite the realism of LDs, there’s some basic difference that the brain is picking up on.

i think i realize it’s a dream before i think it, because i’ll usually do something that i couldn’t do unless it was a dream and that’ll trigger me. but i wouldn’t do that thing unless i knew it was a dream already… kind of a catch 22.

Same goes for me.All my lds been this way(DILD).I accidently jump and find myself higher than i would expect …ooooo,means im dreaming!So on.
I think its due to “dream thinking” throughout the day.So i guess such a realizations will be common among people who remember to do their rcs regularly.

Thats exactly how it is, I wasn’t sure how to explain it but thats exactly what it feels like.

yeah, same happens to me, i put all this effort into RC’s and when i do have my lucid dreams, it just clicks, sometimes i’d know its a dream, but i want to finish what i was doing in the dream before i do anything else. Its still good to do a few RC’s to stabalise the dream though

Like Stokesy, I tend to just become lucid at the mere thought of doing an RC. I usually still go ahead with it anyway to enhance the lucidity. While it may seem that the RC itself is pretty much useless, the fact that you thought about doing one in the dream means that it’s working as they should.

Same here Dreamcatcher :smile: !

Jeff

This seems to be a similar occurrence for most people. It’s the same for me. I always just spontaneously realize I am dreaming and an LD starts.

I wonder when and y we realize this. I have had a dream where I was flying throught the sky and then realized I was dreaming. But another the same thing, I was flying around and I never realized I was dreaming and woke up and wondered y I didn’t realise.

hmmm…