What is astral projection?

I read somehwere that we astral project every night. What is this exactly? If we do astral project every night, what is it that happens every night?

Its the same thing as OBE , some people would disagree on this one tho.

We dont “astral project” every night, some people only believe that everytime we dream, we leave our physical body behind and go to some dream/astral plane and experience our dreams there. Some people, even in this forum, believe that in astral projection / OBE you actually leave your body behind and travel in the physical world with your “astral body”. Who knows, maybe you can, maybe you can’t. I myself believe it’s just a dream where you dream of “leaving your body behind” as being in the same state of mind as in lucid dream.

This theory about astral projecting every night is purely spiritual.It is said that its for our souls enjoyment.It runs free everynight to rejoin with others that are spearated(actually its only illusion of separation) while we live conciously.Also to “regenerate” and reflill life energy.
Thats of course very general description.
take care

when speaking of OBE in AP terms, OBE is sometimes referred to Real-Time (Here-Now, Locale 1) projection. On the same thought, an actual OBE would only happen when you die after some time, perhaps referred to NDE, although even that’s controversial whether it is just a projection with too much energy in the thought that you may have died. Too many beliefs and terms makes things confusing. Not to make things complicated but just so you know.

Here’s an article, it explains what astral projection is pretty well.

paranormal.about.com/library/wee … 60401a.htm

btw Tride, I like your new avatar.

I know what astral projections are in general as I have had some…I think. Are astral projections and OBEs the same thing?

Thanks, I keep changing looking for one I want to keep.

i would say OBE and AP are not the same but they are very similar. The main difference is that AP is done through the Concious (awake) mind and OBE done through the subconscious (sleeping) mind.

On this “We astral project everynight” thing, what i personally believe is that our asatral bodies aren’t part of us all our waking day. Why sould they be?

I personally believe our astral bodies can come and go as they please day or night, we just aren’t aware of it because we are not mentally connected to it enough to know this. My mother would be someone who proves this theory for me in that she can Project at will and often is not rising from her body when she does. She simply connects her conscious mind to her astral body through meditation.

I know some people will disagree with what i think, i really don’t mind. Since there is no way to prove it one way or another i’m open to suggestions.

There is one thing Astral Projectors might like to try to test that theory though. Ask your astral body during the day to do something/go somewhere, then give you a sign of some kind when it has done so. Obviously you would need to be relaxed on this day otherwise any sign you get might not be picked up.