Unsure of reality

I dreaming in school and realized i was in the wrong lunch period. I kept thinking “this can’t be real… This can’t be happening” but i came to the conclusion that i wasn’t dreaming and it was real.

So I was thinking, can you ever KNOW if real life is a dream or not? Makes me wanna watch waking life (i havent seen it yet)

It takes some practices! Of course you can use RCs (Reality Checks), but in my opinion, they’re not useful anyways. RCs have failed me before so… you must just have a good judgement. Sometimes your dreams will just give it off, but maybe in some of your dreams, you are fooled in thinking that it’s real. All I can say is… PRACTICE and PRACTICE!

Firstly, You have to c waking life it’s a monumental movie with a tonne of interesting stuff. Not only LD’s but mainly about philosophy.

Secondly reality might be a dream. This is one of those age old questions. It’s been asked before on this site and if u check around u will find out ppls opinions.

I’d seen waking life, it’s very interesting. I wonder if there are any other movies like those? (i’ve seen vanilla sky as well)

This sort of experience occured just once for me, and even then, I wasn’t positive that I was dreaming. The sky was strange, and an airplane was making a howling noise like I’ve never heard before. It was dark, erie, and pretty similar to my occasional dream settings.

With a consistently decreasing grasp on reality,

Stuffness

What’s the difference between being awake and dreaming?

Reality is perception.

reality is constant, dreams are random

Or I got great one…

Reality is harsh… Dreams is an escaping place.

Many people still think of the brain as a passive receptor of information - as if raw data comes in from our eyes and other senses and gradually gets refined into more symbolic form (e.g. recognition of a face or a word) until finally all the streams come together somewhere and somehow give rise to an action in response. I think of perception as a very much more active process. As conscious beings we don’t live in the real world - we live in a virtual world inside our heads. Most of the time this world is closely synchronized to the external world - our model matches reality, tracks it and predicts it. When we dream or when we imagine things (including making plans and rehearsing scenarios) we disconnect from the real world and let the model run on its own. The same mechanisms are at work in both cases, but there’s no synchronization with reality going on when we dream or think. The model is the crucial thing, and perception is an active process of using this model to predict, hypothesize about and correct for the data coming in from our senses - “filling in” when the data is incomplete and “being surprised” when reality fails to live up to the model. We are only ever conscious of the modeled world; not the real one. Being a child is not about growing a better brain, but about growing a better model - the only difference between a young child and an adult is that the child’s mental world is less able to differentiate between fantasy and realism (not reality - none of us is aware of reality, only a realistic model of reality), and hence the child is still capable of believing in fairies.

I think that dreams are real while their happening, because you are using the same parts of your brains while dreaming as in waking life, like your all senses are doing their job but their creating their own sensoryinput, like seeing or hearing in a dream. Dreams might not be physical, but they can seem physical during the dream and that is what I think is so great about them