GABA allowed me to have LD sex for the first time!!!!

I know with a header like this, you want to get to the goods right away, but let me tell you about myself and the condition I have, which will make it clear why I went down the GABA path. I have the condition known as “REM behaviour disorder”. For those not familiar with RBD, this is where your body does not achieve its normal atonia (paralysis) during REM and you actually physically get up and act out your dreams. I used to mistakenly label it “sleepwalking”. My RBD has been steadily diminishing over time and coincidentally (?) my ability to LD began and has been steadily improving at the same time. As I noticed this effect (RBD diminishment with LD advancement) I began to wonder if there may be a link between the two. I then theorized that RBD and LD may be experiences on oppisate ends of the dream spectrum. Having experienced both they are nearly direct oppisates of each other. In RBD, the physical body is active (in fact the physical and dream bodies are THE SAME), while the mind percieves the dream to be reality. In LD, the physical body is inactive (sp), while the mind is aware that the dream is NOT reality. There are other aspects that tend to make me think that RBD and LD are oppisates as well- for instance my dreams (including lucid) tend to be black and white, while the “normal” lucid dreamer tends to dream in color (intense at that).

So I took the theory one step further. Anything which would serve to diminish RBD should improve my lucid dreaming. My RBD is minor, so I have never had it treated but the substance perscribed for it is nitrazepam (a cousin to valium). The basic idea here is to numb the body so that you don’t get up while dreaming. Further study showed that the belief on why nitrazepam is effective for RBD is that it increases your GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid- an amino acid) levels. Research into GABA showed that some believe it to instrumental in both initiating REM sleep and producing sleep paralysis.

So I gave it a shot. The first night I took about 1-2 grams pure GABA sublingually. Noticed a numbness in my neck and improved dream recall but no lucid. The next night I took about 2-4 grams. Numbness this time in the chest and then extending outward. Felt some warmth and “comfortably numb”- best way to describe it is like having ben gay covering your torso. Dreams that night were incredible including multiple lucid. My main difficulties with lucidity have been 1) having sex, 2) flying, 3) prolonging. On this second night of GABA I had sex (orgasmed!!) in both a lucid AND a non lucid dream. This is the FIRST TIME in my 32 year old life that EVER happened- and let me tell you it wasn’t from a lack of effort… usually the story goes “well I ALMOST had sex, but then I woke up”. I FLEW in these same lucid dreams without awakening- again a unheard of thing (usually I fly for mere moments prior to awakening- it was so bad in fact that I avoided this activity). Prolonging was nearly EFFORTLESS in these LD’s. Again another major problem with me. Usually it is a continual struggle to remain in the dream and lucidity lasts 1 to 5 minutes. This time I estimate I had a 30 minute (my longest ever) lucid episode- and remaining in the dream was so effortless that I thought I may have to make a conscious effort to even be able to leave the dream. LD occured 3 hours after sleep onset. Upon awakening my body felt basically non-existant. Did not want to move- I guess this is what sleep paralysis is like. Was stunned and euphoric- don’t know how many “WOW’s” I uttered. I beleive that I could have EASILY achieved a WILD at this point, but wanted to make sure to get up and log the experience.

Since then, I have tried GABA on about 5 other occasions. Regrettably, I have not had dream sex again, but I have had 2 other lucid dreams and improved dream recall. I am optimistic that I made a great discovery for improving my own lucid dreams. I do not know if others will be as impacted by GABA as I have been (I attribute my pronouced effect to my RBD) but it may be worth a try. If anyone else tries it, I would be interested in their results. If you are afraid of sleep paralysis DO NOT try this stuff. I reccommend starting with a small dose first as some experience a shortness of breath (SP kicking in?) a few minutes after taking it, but supposedly this goes away and is not harmful (didn’t happen to me). It is a “body building” supplement as well (with a reported side effect of lucid dreams) and the recommended dose for them is 3 grams twice a day- with effects maxing out at 5 grams. For LD purposes only take it before bed. The best results come when your torso feels numb/warmth within 30 minutes of taking it. If this is lacking try increasing dose (but not over 5 grams). I got mine from extremesupplements.net and it was 30 dollars for 200 grams. Research it on your own before taking it. Do not take it if you have to work the next day as you are sometimes pretty mellow the following day. Good luck.

Frankly I find Gary’s post to be quite fascinating, and I’m wondering why there is not much interest in his discovery by the readers? Can we be over looking the tree because of the forest? Also, Gary32, can you give us a more updated report on your experiences since your last post of taking GABA. If anyone else out there has tried this hormone, could you give us your experiences with it? Thanks :content:

I read on an earlier version of this forum something like… GABA is an important neurotransmitter involved in consciousness, and is normally inhibited while dreaming.
I read that GABA cannnot cross the blood / brain barrier however a search on alt.dreams.lucid suggested that something called gamma-OH can be taken to increase GABA levels in the brain.
So it would seem likely that if the GABA is doing something, it’s not directly doing it by getting into your brain itself.
Still, even without a firm basis in theory, this sounds worth a try.

Wizard- Thank you for your reply. I have only tried GABA about once a week because as I mentioned, when taking the 3-5 gram dose (needed for full effect) then it tends to carry over into the next day. I want to clarify as well that I attempted dream sex in over 100 LD’s and thousands of non lucid dreams without a result (to my knowledge) before taking GABA. Also notable is the fact that I had LD sex in both a lucid AND non lucid dream. This is important because it implies that the result was not due to some LD induction method or prolonging technique, etc. that I may have employed. If this was the case, then I should have only achieved a result in the LD.

bowelfish-

Here is a quote from an article.

“REM sleep is accompanied by a selective increase in GABA release… Microinjection of the GABA agonist muscimol into the dorsal raphe increased REM sleep while microperfusion of the GABA antagonist picrotoxin blocked REM sleep. These results implicate GABA release as a critical element in the production of the REM sleep state”.

I’ll paraphrase- GABA is released concurrent to REM. Increasing GABA increases REM. Decreasing GABA inhibits REM.

Source- oac3.hsc.uth.tmc.edu/apstracts/1 … /165r.html

I could produce a number of similar articles…

I can not comment on how much GABA was in my brain, but it certainly had an effect on the body. If my results were due to the sleep paralysis effect it induces and not due to the REM increase, then so be it.

The theory is 1) GABA increases REM sleep, 2) GABA induces sleep paralysis.

I do not think you should give it a try. The theory is not sound enough, nor has enough data been collected to prove anything. I am only one person with a single result that I thought would be worth mentioning. I would not want you to waste your money. My result was probably due to an unexplained natural phenomenon. Forget I brought it up.

I wanted to add that this is not accurate. “Cannot” is too absolute of a term. Claiming GABA “has difficulty” crossing the barrier would be more accurate. Under the principle of hyperosmolality (high concentrations of a substance in the blood) the blood/brain barrier can be broken down. This is probably the reason why the dose of 3 to 5 grams (which is a mega dose) is required. You can get GABA in 100mg pills, but thats not going to do hardly a thing. Additionally, the blood/brain barrier is subject to breaking down under a whole host of factors such as hypertension and infection and it also varies from individual to individual- in fact those with MS have a defective barrier.

There are probably a total of 2 people, myself and bowelfish, who even care about what I just said. And I guess that’s the point. We could argue theory all day and it really doesn’t make a difference. The bottom line is I had results. The results were so abnormal (compared to what is normal for me- they were actually UNIQUE) as to take notice of the cause. I attribute it to the GABA. I believe that the sleep paralysis it generated so numbed my physical body that it shut off the physical sensory input, particularily touch, which allowed my dream body to remain intact (even while excited) and thus the dream to continue. That is the theory. Granted this is a long way from proving anything (which I really wasn’t trying to do in the first place), but I figured that the initial results were intriguing enough to bring to everyone’s attention.

I never heard of gamma-OH. Thanks for the tip, will look into that.

If you do try it, then good luck and I would appreciate you letting me know of your results. Just don’t blame me if you don’t have any…

Gary-Thanks for the tips, but I am not planning on trying GABA at the present time, until more others have tried it. I am really not interested in the sex part of the product, but rather the LD part. However, you wrote something which caught my eye, and that was

I remember reading somewhere that muscimol is a powerful hallucinogenic found in mushrooms such as the Amanita Muscaria and Amanita Pantherina, which are very poisonous but rarely fatal. I suspect that is a key trigger in your experience. By the way, I really like the way you write. Very engrossing reading. :content:

I was about to respond to this a while earlier but just couldnt find the time(even got the special invitation,thx Gary:)
I dont know much about GABA but i had the experience with similar substance.By similar i mean its relaxing abilities.
And one thing there is for sure-its not bad at all if you have not much stuff to do planned ahead.Gary describes next morning as “mellow”,hehe…id rather say “completely useless”:).Maybe i had too big dose but for hours i felt like took out from a laundry…i could hardly move to get myself a drink.
It didnt cause me to have any effects dreamwise.I might give it another try with this specific GABA thing,but im still bit too aware of its next day effects.
And just my personal thought-my warm congratullations Gary for that sex thing,its allways nice to hear that someone reached such a stabilized ld,but it might as well be coincindental so to all future orgy planners:its not ld sex pill its just helpfull:)
take care:)

Um, no :grin: . I was just saying that some stuff I don’t remember too well, which I read on a forum and a newsgroup, some of which it seems was incorrect, did not provide an explanation for you experience. I would not dismiss an experience, however, just because I didn’t know how it came about.

You have a logical theory as to how it might work. While there isn’t enough data to draw conclusions, that wouldn’t stop me from investigating for myself if I saw some GABA for sale at a reasonable price, and I would be interested to read of further personal evidence either way from yourself and other users of this forum.

hmm… interesting stuff :smile:

Let us know if you do anymore experimenting with it.

GABA is availble from most health food stores, as bodybuilders use it.
Such as GNC, Holland and Barrett (May do it).

I have suffered from not going into REM sleep properly, since i am on a hefty dose of Imipramine.(Antidepressant)

My girlfriend has found me to wake up during the night, look at people or talk then go back to sleep instantly, without remeembering what happened in the morning.
Also i shake during my sleep like i am having a fit no doubt both related. I was offered some GABA when i was in GNC before asking for mugwort tinctures.
People use it for bodybuilding, but some stop taking it, as it causes too vidid dreams for people.

I wanted to give more details on the dosing of GABA for those who are thinking about trying it. You need to take it sublingually (under the tongue) and leave it there for a few minutes or as long as you can stand it, then swallow the remainder. It is basically tasteless, but it numbs your mouth after a while. It is advised to take it on an empty stomach, but I have found this to cause sour stomach so I chase it with a cup of juice and that isn’t too bad. The goal here is to aid its absorbtion. Following my research into the difficulty GABA has crossing the blood brain barrier implies that it is particularily important to get a high concentration of GABA into the blood. For goodness sakes, don’t anyone take what I just said and inject the stuff. That may well be LETHAL!!! !!! I advise starting with a small (1 gram or less) dose first to gauge what effect it will have on you. Some experience shortness of breath shortly after taking it, but supposedly this is not harmful. If 1 gram doesn’t give you any problems, then try 2, then try 3. If you do not get a numb body (while lying in bed) then increase dose to a max of 5 grams. If you are numb at 1 gram then just stay there.

Wizard- supposedly muscimol increases GABA levels, but I would suspect (without knowing much about it) that its hallucinogenic effects are due to other properties it has.

That’s cool. It was the most…pronounced…effect and I thought it would make for a funny headline. As Jack mentioned, is what we are talking about here is DREAM STABILITY. If you can achieve stability in your LD’s then ANYTHING can be experienced up to the limits of what is possible. Stability is the prerequisite- without it you are just going to wake up. The more stability a person can produce in their LD’s, the more freedom they have to fulfill their wishes- whatever those may be. I am hopeful that GABA can help produce that stability.

In producing that stability, perhaps GABA is only one means to that end. The actual goal here is probably sleep paralysis or at least a numb body. Achieving this condition shuts down the sensory input (especially touch) from entering the dream. I believe touch is the most important sense to be able to control for dream stability purposes. The other senses should not intrude unless by accident. Sight, sound, smell, taste- all these senses should be inactive already and if they are not then they should be made that way (i.e.- making the room darker, muffling sounds, removing odors, etc.). Touch is another matter. If everyone else is like me, this is why we wake up a lot. My position is uncomfortable, I’m too hot, my tooth hurts, etc. Take 3 to 5 grams GABA and you won’t CARE about these things- if you can even feel them that is.

Thank you for the compliment and support.

Jack-

Thank you Jack. I feel all tingly like I’ve been blessed by a “sex god” or something. I know its only one result, but I really hope it was more than coincidence. Coincidence to me would be picking tommorow’s lottery numbers. Having dream sex after THOUSANDS of attempts, both lucid and non lucid… well I hope its something more. The next lucid dream I have while on GABA I will attempt sex again. I am doing this merely for academic interest of course- you know to get data and all… It’s a tough task to have to undertake, but somebody’s got to do it. :grin: :cool_laugh:

Bowelfish-

Fortunately, I have a friendly disposition or I would be angry with you. I realize that it was unintentional, but your incorrect info and faulty memory caused me to have to do a lot of research to make sure my info was correct. Spending a couple of hours becoming a pseudo expert on the blood brain barrier is not my idea of a good time…

Stozzer-

This is a GOOD thing- vivid dreams tend to increase the odds of becoming lucid.

There’s no reason to be angry, Gary. I didn’t make any false claims for the information.

“I read on an earlier version of this forum something like…”

“a search on alt.dreams.lucid suggested that”

“So it would seem likely”

I had read some relevant text, and I gave the context.

Like other people who would have read my post you recognise that the source of the information affects how you interpret it. Something direct from the website of the university of texas would be treated differently than a newsgroup/forum user’s post.

Anyway the information you have gathered is appreciated.

I’m kinda sidetracked.

I meant to say that I saw a tub of GABA in a healthfood shop for £8.99.
I considered this too expensive and didn’t buy it. Then I got in my friend’s car and he was speeding and killed a hippo. We were pursued on foot by some kind of authority figure who was very angry. I tried to say some things in defence of my friend, then I woke up.

Bowelfish- I’m all for people speaking their minds and giving their opinions, etc. I am only suggesting (not only to you) to take a little care when posting, especially when you are offering claims counter to someone’s theory they are trying to present, that the information that you are offering is correct. A few extra minutes of genuine research on your part would have saved hours of effort on my part. I can not just respond to what you said with “you are wrong”, but have to do so credibly- that means gathering data from reliable sources.

Let me give you an example to explain what I’m talking about. I assume you are familiar with Wizard’s phase 2 method he introduced recently? Let’s suppose I was to go to this topic and post the following things (NONE ARE TRUE)

1. I have heard that viewing 3-d images for long periods of time can cause seizures.
  2. A psychology student friend of mine says that autohypnosis/trance techniques are not only ineffective, but can cause multiple personality disorders.
  3. I read on a forum somewhere that wearing sunglasses in the dark can lead to blindness.

I then conclude this by saying that wizard’s method “has no firm basis in theory” and can actaully be harmful. Now, all of these things are INACCURATE, to the best of my knowledge, but let’s assume that I actually did hear all of these things and was posting in good faith. That one minute post of mine will put wizard into a tizzy and (if my gauge of him is accurate) he’s going to be spending probably a day doing boring useless research to defend his method. What’s he supposed to say “your wrong”? NO. He has to back it up with credible sources.

So all I’m saying to everyone, not just bowelfish, is that before you blow holes in someone’s theories, to think of the grief you are going to cause that person and be as sure as possible that your info is correct. It is easy to tear something down, but hard to create.

When the creators have a negative experience when sharing their creation, they tend not to continue sharing…
P.S. no hard feelings bowelfish and I am not attacking you with this post. I know it was unintentional. I am not angry- just dissapointed. I am sure I am guilty of doing the same at one time or another…

quick question…about how much of this stuff is a gram? I dont have a scale to measure it handy… I ordered from extremesupplements.net, is that little white spoon thing they give you a gram? or something comparable to a teaspoon?

I did not get a white spoon in my tub- unless its buried and I haven’t found it. I don’t have a gram scale myself, so I had to “guesstimate” the volume of a gram based upon 200 grams being in the tub. The gram weight per teaspoon will vary depending upon the density of the substance. GABA is pretty fluffy, so I would compare it to flour or powdered sugar which is 2.5 grams per teaspoon. Why don’t you start with a half teaspoon and see what that does for you. When I take it now, I take a heaping teaspoon at bedtime. I have noticed a decent effect though when taking only a half teaspoon in conjunction with the wbtb method. Good luck.

While I’m at it, I’ll give what updates I can. I suggest only trying GABA on one or two nights a week. I think more than that and a tolerance will be developed to it. I only try it once a week or so and I usually only average 1 lucid per week anyway, so it may take 7 weeks before I’ll have another lucid with a GABA dose. If I then remember to attempt dream sex (usually don’t have a problem here…) then I will post my results. I did have some dream sex results with melantonin though recently. I had thought about my premise of GABA’s numbing the body as the reason behind the results and melatonin wipes me out pretty good as well so I upped my dose from a normal 6 mg to 9 mg and I did achieve another orgasm in a non lucid dream. Now, was this result a function of my “dream virginity” being broken down by the GABA previously or was it the melatonin itself responsible, or a combination? Don’t know, but I thought it would be worthwhile to mention.

I did not get a white spoon in my tub- unless its buried and I haven’t found it. I don’t have a gram scale myself, so I had to “guesstimate” the volume of a gram based upon 200 grams being in the tub. The gram weight per teaspoon will vary depending upon the density of the substance. GABA is pretty fluffy, so I would compare it to flour or powdered sugar which is 2.5 grams per teaspoon. Why don’t you start with a half teaspoon and see what that does for you. When I take it now, I take a heaping teaspoon at bedtime. I have noticed a decent effect though when taking only a half teaspoon in conjunction with the wbtb method. Good luck.

While I’m at it, I’ll give what updates I can. I suggest only trying GABA on one or two nights a week. I think more than that and a tolerance will be developed to it. I only try it once a week or so and I usually only average 1 lucid per week anyway, so it may take 7 weeks before I’ll have another lucid with a GABA dose. If I then remember to attempt dream sex (usually don’t have a problem here…) then I will post my results. I did have some dream sex results with melantonin though recently. I had thought about my premise of GABA’s numbing the body as the reason behind the results and melatonin wipes me out pretty good as well so I upped my dose from a normal 6 mg to 9 mg and I did achieve another orgasm in a non lucid dream. Now, was this result a function of my “dream virginity” being broken down by the GABA previously or was it the melatonin itself responsible, or a combination? Don’t know, but I thought it would be worthwhile to mention.

Just to let anyone from the UK who is interested know, GABA was in the last week or so, banned from sale in the UK.

It is down to some tv doctor, who advised womens suffereing from a certain condition to take it. Anyone who knows much about gaba will tell you, GABA is quite powerfull when taken by females. Apparently some women took a little too much, and it messed her up. Resulting it in being banned.

I have asked around in shops around here to see if they have any left in stock. They say its only going to be availble from the internet in this country. or maybe its just gonna have to be an overseas order, havent checked the net for it yet myself.

I heard that taking powders sublingially will give you tongue cancer. I read it on the internet couple days ago…yea!

I think my mom said that if you use GABA to have lucid dreams, then you can’t ever have them again normally.

And also you need to be safe because GABA was banned in UK cause at the operating plant, some workers put cocaine in as a joke. Not a funny result,some lady went crazy, I got that from the newspaper.

Well thats all my scholary resources I could come up with, I will try and bring you some more reliable information as soon I find another credible source as good as the previous ones.

oh ya! almost forgot, my friend overheard someone saying GABA supports terrorism…

:wink:

J05h

I just read all the hub bub about GABA and am deciding to try it out for myself. I did a search and I found GABA 750 at GNC. This is basically GABA but it capsule forms at 750mg each. I plan on taking 2 capsules tonight (1.5mg) to see what my results will be. I’m going to use some mild techniques as well. Hopefully I’ll have some results. Usually I remember at least one dream a night vividly and about a month ago I had a lucid dream without trying any techniques. Also hopefully the capsule form is the same as the powdered form. Here goes!

ok after rereading this post I decided to take 4 capsules, or 3mg of GABA. I felt a little bit tingly and decided it was time for sleep. I tried some MILD techniques. I woke up about 4 hours later with no dream recall at all. I usually wake up a few times during the night so I figured this was ok.

What was next was what was weird. I had a dream where I started to drive in my car through my neighborhood. There were a decent amount of people walking dogs and for some reason my car wasn’t handling well and I almost hit all of them. Well finally I got to my house, drove a little past, and I saw my dog out there. My mom would never ever let my dog out of the house unsupervised, so I realized I was dreaming, but I could not become lucid. Granted, I believe this is a breakthrough because it is the second time I have realized that, but does anyone think the GABA could be inhibiting lucidity, or perhaps helping it and I should try again tonight? I’m curious as to your input.