the next step

after watching “Waking Life” a month ago, i gained a huge interest in lucidity, i started a dreamdiary and now can recall 2-3 dreams a night, but i still can’t realize that i’m in a dream. can anyone give me some tips for the next step to take?

-Richard

what you’ve explained as to what you’ve already done to have lucid dreams (dream diary, reality checks) is no less than an efficient start. you’ve been inspired and you show you’re seriousness through starting a dream diary. at this point you could maybe start trying techniques like WILDs. WILDs aren’t the easiest thing to accomplish but do work. WILDS are most often construed through the-wake-back to-bed method, but even if no WILD through that method you’re possibility for lucidity increases. they say sleep 6 hours, wake up and stay up for 2 hours then go back to sleep.i think laberge said using this technique increases the chance of lucidity by like 10 times.

hi
just take a look at the “how” section on this page

Traumgänger

I agree… try the “how” section. I find that just keeping it in mind (lucid dreaming) and saying that you will have a lucid dream before going to bed, help out a lot. Pretty much any positive reminder that you want to recognize that you’re dreaming next time you have one is a good thing.

Maybe in your dream journal you could write “(dream sign)”, in the parenthesis next to any dream signs that you see (non-functioning machinery, flying, breathing underwater… anything unreal that happens to you frequently in your dreams). This will keep them in your mind and perhaps increase the likelihood of you recognizing them while you’re dreaming.

If you want a lot of info, try getting the “Lars’ lucid dreaming faq” here:

faqs.org/faqs/dreams-faq/lucid-dreaming-faq/