Fake Ld's

ok so ive had a few dreams, which i think are fake LD’s

i’m going to tell you some and see if anyone can help me.

the first one was probably a month or so back,

I was at some beach and there were soldiers marching to see the queen. and I cant remember how but I realised I was dreaming, and I decided I wanted to have sex, so I forced the most important ‘soldier’ (or maybe I ordered him??) to have sex with me instead of going to see the queen.
but we didnt really end up having sex and I think i woke up.

now… last night… i had a VERY strange ‘fake lucid’ dream

I realised I was dreaming because I couldnt switch the lights on and I was in pitch black (when i have dreams where its completely dark - i feel intense fear and theyre nightmares). But as I was walking around my room and stuff… i thought I was awake (but somehow also knew I was asleep) and I was stressing because i couldnt switch on these lights. but i remember quite vividly walking around my room and then i started trying to wake myself up, but I couuldnt. I cant remember what I did, but I know I tried unsucessfully to wake myself several times. So I went to the bathroom and tried to splash water on my face so I would wake up, but this force was sort of holding my hands back so i could only slightly throw the water on my face and so it wouldnt work. And so somehow I came to the realization that I was still actually lying in bed asleep and then I was able to wake up.

I was really sweaty when i woke up and remember thinking that it was a fake lucid dream…

can anyone help me out here???

First one thing:
Neither me nor anyone else can absolutely tell you wether you were lucid or not.Lucidity is a feeling, from descriptions you can´t know wether the person had the feeling or not.

But anyway :wink:
I think what you experienced weren´t fake lucid dreams.Perhaps low-level, but still “real” ones.
Fake lucid dreams means that you just dream you are lucid.I´ll give you an example of mine:
I was dreaming that I went home from school.Somewhere on the street I lay down and dreamed.So, in the dream I was having another dream (so called meta-dream), and in this meta-dream I knew I was dreaming.But I thought in the real world I am laying on the pavement and sleeping.I didn´t know that I am on holidays in the waking world, and therefore can´t be sleeping on the way from school.
This was a fake lucid dream.

If you want to know something else, you got to ask more specific :wink:

Traumgänger

What you need to try and do is face your fear of the dark. I was the same way. I faced it and prevaled. Know I have better LDs. So just remeber that you are dreaming and that nothing can hurt you and you should prevale also. So sweet dreams.

Somniloquist you were on the brink of having a ld…very close so to say!
Throwing water in your face is a tech some lucid dreamers use to increase their lucidity :happy: when they are already lucid…and yes it works!

Lucid dreams for you :happy:

Jeff

thankyou all for your replies!

I guess that was the problem, either a fear of being in the dark or a fear of not being able to wake. But I still find it strange that almost the whole time I was trying to wake up but was unable to.

I remember quite clearly being able to feel the water which actually made it to my face and feel myself walk around the house. I also remember floating up to the celing and looking at my hands saying “increase lucidity” - i think at this point there was a lot of light surrounding my hands(not because I was waking up either), but i’m not even quite sure why I did it.

Wow thoose were probably low level lucid dream since you knew you were lucid and were looking at your hands saying increase lucidity.

congrats :beer:

(Z)

Well, I’ve had a couple of fake Lds, and well, the only thing I can really say is that when I was really lucid the first time, I knew it. You can just tell. I’m not exactly sure how, but it’s true (at least, it was for me. Maybe different for others.).

I’ve been able to dreams where I think I have had control. I think I confused some of the vivid ones with lucid dreams, Vivid ones just seeem real and are vibrant but you have no control(but seems like you have a tiny bit). In one of my LDs I wanted to test the difference of remembering a normal dream and a lucid dream beforwe I woke up. The minute I woke up I felt as if what happened was a memory like any other dream but I knew I had control. The memory of having the dream is the same but only you can tell if you had control at one point. Like soemone said above, it’s a feeling or just knowing you had control.

i have dreams where everything is dark and im really dcared 2! but its wierd cuz im not that afraid of the dark, but in the dream everything just seems evil and sad for no reason whatsoever
~i wish u lucidity~

sweet dreamer, you could make your LD sign a flashlight or big light of some sort. Then it would be obvious to tell it’s a dream since this darkness sounds like a recurring dream.