LDing for addiction?

While I have no addictions that LDing (except maybe caffeine, but as we see later, that probably can’t be helped) could help for, this might be a neat idea for others…

An experience in a lucid dream being potentially just as intense as IRL, say you were a sex addict, you do it as much as you like (and in whatever perverse ways you like) in a lucid dream.

The only problem is, drugs and alchohol forcibly introduce pleasure-causing chemicals, which the brain can’t really simulate in a dream, so in a dream you only can do activities which cause the brain to produce pleasure-causing chemicals on its own, like sex, food, or a good backrub, or more unrealistic enjoyable things like flying.

But, say you are addicted to food (you require food to feel okay)… you can eat in a dream, as well as many other activities, some impossible in real life.

In summary: taking the overeating example: you can eat all you want with no fear of repercussions, and do many other activities, some that transcend almost any happiness you can possibly induce in real life. Plus, after lucid dreams people tend to feel really good in waking life, which may also ease addiction.

Any thoughts? Has anyone ever tried this? It seems like an idea with a lot of possibility to it.

Even with drugs and aclohol the situation can be same.There were reports about ppl getting stoned in a dream.I think if you go to the bar in ld and have few beers your brain would act similar way…at least to the point you wished to be sober.

If you need to take a piss IRL and you are in an LD however much you piss it will never take away the need unless you piss your pants.

Hope that helped :wink:

Hi
In my dreams i already was on alcohol,weed and on coffein.It wasn´t always the same as the “real” experience,but still i was really was high.
Strange,the coffein trip was the coolest of those 3,although i think in waking life it isn´t.I ate those plants coffee is made of (damn,what are they called :blush: ).But it weren´t those tiny ones i am used to,one was as big as a fist…
So,perhaps LDing could even help at that.The problem is to get LDs so frequently.

Traumgänger

Plants coffee is made of? Why, coffee plants, of course.

Okay, well, you can get high from drugs in a dream, but it’s your brain’s best simulation of the high, not the high itself - since the high in waking life comes from a foreign substance, and your brain can’t generate that substance on its own.

Oh, and the active chemical in coffee is spelled “caffeine.”

Hi
I once read a book about drugs (all sorts of chemical stuff) the body can produce of its own.The man who wrote it said that you can produce almost all substances that are in plants,or at least similiar ones.That is why e.g. people who are really into meditation can sometimes perceive things as if they had taken LSD or mushrooms.
But I agree that it could be a bit difficult to start this.Last night i was on weed again (in my dream) and i noticed that i am only high as long as i concentrate on it,as soon as i start thinking about somethign else the effect is gone

Thanks,i am not that good at spelling :wink:

Traumgänger

I have a friend who’s addicted to cigarettes but only in his dreams.

Well spoken Ureon!

Jeff

Well Cracker i better never cross that white line then, in my dreams…sniff sniff…

:happy:

Jeff