Strange sensation while training...

Fellow dreamers,

something strange happened to me last night.

I was relaxing as usual, ‘releasing’ me to whatever surrounded me, and at a certain point I drifted away to the state between sleeping and waking. In that time I got a picture of my head being softly hit by a xylophone stick. I got back into my normal state and could clearly feel the hit.

What do you think of this? I myself find it to be kind of weird, but I am sure that I didn’t imagine it.

Thanks in advance,

Detonite

It depends. When your head was struck, did a chime ring out, or was there just a “thud.” :eh:

Just a ‘thud’. I could clearly feel it afterwards.

Detonite

ummm i dont know how this is gonna sit but it kinda seems to me

“The idea just hit you on the head” know that saying??? what were you thinking?

I don’t know what I was thinking about. I just drifted away. What I find so strange is that I could feel the hit. I haven’t experienced something like that before.

Thanks,

Det

The state between sleeping and waking can cause some strange sensations, which you could swear are real. Sometimes I am quite certain that the cat has just jumped on my bed - I can feel it moving. I think it is a sort of ‘false awakening’ state which can be so confusing. With training, this can be used to induce lucidity - you realise that what you are sensing is not real because it is not possible.

:eek: Yes , but i am a very light sleeper and i have the nice little habit of waking up, trying a wild no being able to fall asleep and than being wide awake for the rest of the night :sad:

oh another strange thing, if i go to be at 10:00pm and wake up by a noise at 11:00pm than i am stuffed for the night??? strange or what

Richard

Yeah, the body does use wierd metaphorical language. I read this in a book only yesterday, about a guy who had spasms whenever he tried to swallow something after he had been told some terrible piece of information (I forget what it was exactly, but still). “He couldn’t swallow it,”? There were a bunch of other examples, but I can’t remember them. The book is sitting here right next to me, but I really can’t be bothered to look it up. So, yeah, that’s a possible idea, but then again, maybe not.

When something happens to you in a dream that you can feel, it feels very real, so real you’d swear it was reality.

Now in real life when you feel something, you only feel it because the electrical impulses tell your brain that you felt it. The sudden hit of a stick on your head in the dreamstate or semi-dreamstate could have triggered your impulses to send the same message to your brain as if it really happened. In fact, I’d be more inclined to say this would happen in a semi-dreamstate because you are melding both realities together and your mind can’t make out the difference. It’s right in the middle of when your true senses (used in actual reality) is being replaced by your subconcious and abstract thoughts (used in dreams).