Note To Everyone On This Forum

I don’t understand why there is two “sub-forums” allmoust the same (‘the Quest for Lucidity’ and ‘Shortcuts to Lucidity’) combinding these two to one forum would be grate when U browsing the forum. Many of the post in Quest for Lucidity would fit in the ‘Shortcuts to Lucidity’ and the other way around. exept from that the only poblem with this forum is the peoples that posting questions without checking if anyone have posted that question before

BTW: non of the co-forums are dedicated to experiments, where to put them?

this topic becomes more and more valuable :alien: i’ve made it sticky.

with your suggestions we can make a posting guide out of it.

thanks
:wiske:

Well it’s me again. To make up to my former sins on this forum (not serious, lol :smile: ), I have made a suggestion for posting rules on this forum. Hope this would be a help for you Q. BTW: Do you need more moderators :smile: ?

POSTING RULES FOR LD4ALL FORUM
These rules are made in order to keep a high standard on this forum. Since we don’t have too many moderators, we ask people on this forum to read through and respect these rules.
General posting rule:
-If there is a recent discussion that relates to you posting, post it there in stead of making a new topic. Remember: It is always better to add to an earlier discussion about the same topic than making a new discussion.
Rules for making new topics:
-Make sure you post your topic in the correct sub-forum. If you are not used to this forum, please read through all the sub-forum descriptions before deciding which sub-forum to post on.
-Please, make a clear and easy-to-understand topic title which tells what the topic actually is about. Avoid titles of the “Look at me!” and “Have a problem” types.
If you have a question about lucid dreaming:
-Search through this forum for earlier discussions on the same topic, using the search function. It might be that the same question has been asked earlier on this forum.
-Read through the rest of this site (you can see the navigation bar over this forum, right?) It has answers to many common questions about lucid dreaming.
-Search through other lucid dreaming sites on the Internet. We don’t want you to search through every dark corner on the Internet, but a quick search can give results. You can start with the Lucidity Institute FAQ and DJem’s collection of articles.
-If you have tried all of the points above, but still can’t find the answers to you question, THEN you can post it in the forum.
Acronyms:
-Lucid dreaming is a field of science that includes many acronyms which are unknown to most people, like DILD, WILD etc. On this forum, we have made it easer for people who are new on this forum, to understand these acronyms by making a dictionary, which is to be found in the Quest for Lucidity sub-forum.

Hmmmm…i think i like it:)
Much better than changing some layouts:)
Good work:)
hehe dunno how its important,guess Pas must like it first:)

errrrrrr… i meant my opinion not above text:)
Important is that Pas likes not jack`s tastes-sorry have problems saying what i want tonight

I’m not sure if I’m guilty of doing that but I probably am :shy: . If so sorry guys :content: . In future though I’ll take it into consideration :mmm:

I think this topic is one of the best things that have happend to this forum in a long time.

When locking a thread because it belongs under another thread, like the Please I Need Some Help!!! topic belongs under the Big WILD thread… Is it possible to transfer the original question into the other thread (retaining the original author’s name)? Just wondering, it’s not a big deal… I thought it might be nice though, so replies aren’t floating out there in the main thread without any reference to the question…

No, sorry, that isn’t possible… :sad:
In the former forum we had an option to rebuild threads, but not here.
The best thing the poster can do is doing a copy and paste of the question in the main thread. OK I will edit my reply to suggest the poster to do a simple copy and paste :smile: .

Hi djem,

well shortcuts to lucidity has always been the place for chemical (supplements) experiments…to have more frequently ld’s…
And the quest 4 lucidity the place for ld tech experiments…
But u would like a sub forum only 4 experimenting…hmmmm?
No matter what kind of experiment, as long as its tagged to ld?
Who knows…

greetz,
Jeff

I agree with you Jeff. I think the ShorutcutTL and the QuestFL categories are easy to mix up. Maybe it would be better if pasQuale removed the Shortcuts category, move all messages to the Quest category, and make a new category called something like “Lucid Experiments”. That would make it easier to see the difference between the forums… What do you think?

The main reason why the quest for lucidity and shortcuts to lucidity remain separated is because of the drug-related issues. We want to keep those separated from the quest for lucidity-forum.

About the experiments forum: it sounds a very good idea… LD research is dead, so we could use that. But then of course, we need enough people who are interested in doing such experiments. Anyway, I’m not against it, I love research and experiments, better than all that speculation-stuff (“I believe in this and you believe in that and that’s it”).

Can anyone tell me what WILD means?

I’ll do you one better. WILD. Put your mouse over where I typed “WILD” and it will show you what it stands for. You can do that for LD, MILD, RC, etc.

All acronyms in the “Dictionary” sticky topic at the top of the “Quest for lucidity” should have an “acronym bubble.” Only “HI” doesn’t, since it is used so often. HI stands for Hypnogogic Imagery for lucid dreamers, and it’s a greeting for regular humans. :wink:

Our new acronym, “LL,” also does NOT have an “acronym bubble.” It interferes with words such as: we’ll, she’ll, or I’ll. LL stands for “Lucid Living.”

If you know of an acronym that should be added to the dictionary, please post your reply in that thread “Dictionary - Acroynms.”

:smile:

One of the only problems I see with the forums (I’m mainly in the Quest4lucidity) is that most people just share their own experiences, but no one really tries to answer anybody’s questions. I mean personal experiences are important given they are related to the topic, but sometimes (the big WILD topic part 1-2) are a waste of time to read! There’s nothing worse than reading an entire thread and not learning one thing.

It will probably still happen. But being a moderator on another site you could move the topic to its appropriate place. Know what I mean? :cool:

eh… no? :nono: