Vitamin B12 - My Experience

On saturday I decided to buy some Vitamin B12. On saturday night I decided to take one 1000mcg tablet right before I went to bed. Although I didn’t have a lucid dream, I noticed a VERY BIG change in my dreaming. I had some very strange dreams, which I was far more aware of than normal when I woke up, plus, and this this is the interesting part, I had a sensation that it felt like I had been dreaming all night, and also I seam to remember at times being concious of being in my bed whilst in a dream, but I didn’t manage to turn this into a lucid dream situation.

This shows lots of promise. This appears to have similar effects to B6, but more so and at a far lower dose.

Tonight what I think I’m going to do is to try and combine it with a WILD attempt. I will go to sleep for 5 or 6 hours, then get up and THEN take the B12, then attempt WILD (by concentrating on my deep breathing or something like that).

If this shows promise but doesn’t quite get me there, I may try B12 and B6 both together, and then after that, I will start to increase the amount of B12 (but not the B6), all the time whilst still focusing on attempting WILD.

I’m quite excited about this, because I really think that the change in my dreaming when taking B12 could be just that little extra push that I need to get me over into being lucid. It could just be the thing that’s going to keep me more aware during the WILD attempt.

Anyway, I’ll try and remember to keep you all posted…

Okay, so I did what I said I was going to do. I didn’t manage to have a WILD, but better luck next time maybe.

HOWEVER, yet again I had some vivid dreams which I remembered much more so than normal. I specifically remember two dreams. That is very unusual for me, remembering more than one dream. Also, they say that normally you just remember the last dream before waking up. Well I think B12 takes you beyond that, and helps you to remember more dreams.

So does B12 make you have lucid dreams? Not directly. Does B12 make your dreams more vivid and help you remember them better? Yes, definately.

So, seeing as it is often said that the first step to lucid dreaming is to remember your dreams, then B12 could be just what people need to help them get over that first hurdle.

Yes Ed, i am pro vitamin B to help induce lucid dreams.
Vitamins like b6 and b12 can aid a bit indeed…
Thats why I take a good b complex lol with extra vit b12.
I also found out that phosphatidylcholine helps to have more vivid dreams.
Not that strange when u think its the precursor 4 acetylcholine, witch is your rem fuel for your brain. And choline bitartrate helps a bit 4 lds. Just as bit…not a leap lol.
Zinc mineral aids also a bit…plays an important role in yout memory (hippocampus)

We could make a basic aid list for vividnes and lucid dreams q-:

Jeff

Yes jeff, we could. But actually, no, YOU could! I mean, common who of us knows all this stuff about phosphatidylcholine, acetylcholine, choline bitartrate, Zinc minerals etc?? Not me in any case. Id love to have a list of stuff that helps in dream recall and in what products or supplements you can actually digest those. Sofar i have tried a B comlex with also b6 and b12 in it and it seems to work quite allright but not all the time somehow. Only when im on a dry spell of dreamrecall it seems to have positive influences… :bored:

Good idea Xetrov! this aint shortcuts to lucidity 4 nothing.
Iam now staying with a friend till sunday, dont have my books here lol and a slow slow slower net connection hehe (cave time connection), but when iam back ill make a basic supplement list to aid lucid dreaming!
And also make it a sticky topic :wink:

greetz,
Jeff

Being vegan I have to take vit B12 supplements. I usually take them in the morning, but now I’ve read this I will take them just before I go to bed. I don’t have brilliant dream recall and it would be interesting to see if this works :smile:

The tablets I have contain 100% RDA (recommended daily allowance) of B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, Folic acid and B12 and it says 1 or 2 tablets to be taken daily. I am assuming it would be ok to have 2 before bed. I’ll post any results

Sam :tongue:

Edit: Hey Xetrov, I’ve just noticed how similar our signatures are! spooky…

Foolish (I’m not insulting you, that is your name), I took far more than the RDA of B12. The RDA is only 1mcg, but the tablets I have are 1000mcg which is 1mg.

I am now almost certain they have made the difference, because last night I didn’t take any, and I can’t remember any dreams at all, and I have no sense that I dreamt at all, whereas when I took the B12, it was like my whole dreamworld lit up, became illuminated.

Also, another point to add, is that my health encyclopaedia says that there are know known bad effects from taking large doses of B12. Well, 1000mcg is an extremely small dose, even though it’s 1000 times the RDA. Compare this to B6, where I took 100mg (100,000mcg, if you want to compare doses more easily), and it only produced about half the effect of what just a small amount of the B12 does, and B6 is apparantly dangerous at high doses.

Foolish and Ed remember that to get vit B12 good absorbed by your body u need to take it with folic acid (vit b11)!
Else your body can only absorb very very little of it…in some vit b12 they put a special substance with it 4 absorbtion but folic acid has the same effect :smile:

Jeff

-> Foolish (I’m not insulting you, that is your name) <-, HAHAHA it was probably his intention with that nickname to see if he could start a fight on the forum … joke :cool_laugh:

Ow yeah foolish, i think we are both foolish in fooling the rest of the fools with regard to the foolish location thing…

:baaa:

ok this is the lamest post i made ever. it had to come to this… ill get in the guiness book of faggots for the most lame post ever…

LMAO Xetrov.

No, my intention wasn’t to start fights, but I like the fact that whenever anyone addresses me (like then) I can always have a little giggle, even if it is at myself. Hehe.

Yeah, I see your point about the 1000 times more than RDA. How do I get hold of lots of B12? :wink: Anyway, its worth a try even if it is only 1/500 of what you took. Haha.

Heres a quote from Webmd.com

It also talks about how it is vital for the nervous system, so I can see its impact on dream vividness and conciousness. Its definitally not dangerous, and if you are a strict vegitarian you should take supplements anyway. Hope this info helps, ~ben

I was vegetarian for the first 15 years of my life and B12 was no problem. There is enough in dairy and eggs. However being vegan the B12 content of plants is very unreliable, apparently because of the introduction of new farming methods (by this I think it means using fertilizers and pesticides etc). I understand that lots of B12 is not dangerous, but the tablets I have at the minute contain 1,2,3,5,6 and 11 as well. As Ed said, too much B6 is dangerous. There is a warning on the side of the box saying “Do not excede the recommended dosage”. I guess the best things would be tablets with just 11 and 12 in (seeing as 11 helps absorption) Is too much 11 dangerous too?

I drank lots of mint tea and took two vit B tablets before I went to bed, however I noticed no improvement in dream recall :grrr: (ok, maybe that was coz I had eaten 2 hemp leaves that day (long story… we found a huge field full of it etc.) :cool_laugh: )

Hey, you found a huge field of HEMP? This would probably be hemp for making clothes i assume? Funny, i also found a hemp plantation in France once when i was on a holliday there hehe… i didt try to smoke it though…

By the way, Foolish, I was first with my quote :grin:

So i suggest you take another one (Lao Tzu has plenty cool ones), or if you realy cant come up with anything i will have to change it, because 2 ppl with the same signature is a bit lame imo hehe… :cool_laugh:

Hey Xetrov, if you go to my MSN profile the quote is there, I’ve had it for months :tongue: However I do agree that two ppl with the same sig is pretty LAME and I am willing to change it for another Lao Tze quote. (Edit: found one! Yay)

Yeah, my mum and dad keep trying to pursuade me the hemp wouldn’t be any good, (how do they know?! :bored: ) but it smells pretty strong to me. One of my stoner friends came with me and took a few “samples” (ok, it was a rucksack full) and he reckons it’s probably fairly good. I tried chewing it and sticking it under my tongue for about 15 mins like it describes on the salvia site, but not a lot happened. Things just went a bit slower. The field is MASSIVE! if it is good, it would be worth millions. No, hundreds of millions!

Hey, maybe that is why cheese helps you to recall dreams well (or whatever it is good for, being vegan I havent payed much attention to the cheese threads). Maybe the B12 in it causes this. Actually now we come to mention it, it’s only since I became vegan that my dreams have been boring and blurry. Hmmmm… must get decent B12 tablets!!

If you want to know if the hemp is potent :grin: collect some buds, quick dry them (like this) and pack a bowl…if you get nothing but a headache…you can always smoke some other hehe.

Foolish, I buy most of my vitamins from Holland & Barrett:
https://www.hollandandbarrett.com

They are a UK company, but if you don’t live in the UK, they do ship overseas. Just click “How to Order” near the red question mark, and then it mentions a number you can call for overseas orders.

Prices…

B12:
1000mcg, 100 tablets = £7.19

B6:
100mg, 100 tablets = £2.79
100mg, 250 tablets = £5.99

ok, I’m not all that experienced with hemp, are the buds just the bits with the unopened flowers in, or are they the young leafy bits?? I am guessing the former, in which case the plants have none.

Yes, I do live in the UK :smile:

However I have a thing against Holland and Barrett; weused to know some people who ran a health food shop, Holland and Barrett set up a shop just round the corner from these people. After making their prices lower and lower, forcing our friends to go lower and lower, they put in an offer to buy their shop. They didn’t take it and they are still there :happy: However I try to avoid buying from H&B still. We have a good health food shop nearby so I’ll have a look there. Only problem now… I have over a hundred of the vit B complex tablets to use up before I can get any more. :shy:

Yes buds are the flowering tops. If you can’t find any then they haven’t start flowering yet I guess.

Foolish, well that’s entirely up to you, it’s not my place to tell you where to shop.

Good to see a fellow Brit. Which part of the UK do you live? You know where I live, because it says on my profile.

:cool: