Chalk Up One For The Shanxster!

It happened… Not more than half an hour ago, It F$&£’n happened! After a long and convoluted dream, one look at my hand to see my digits bending, appearing and disappearing of their own volition, and I was in! Not for very long… Just long enough to move from one room to the next, but long enough…

I realise that this experience may seem commonplace to a great number of people on this forum, but for those of you who have yet to break through, take heart and persist! All I’ve done to date is maintain my dream journal and use the MILD and Nap techniques and it work ‘didley’ erked! In addition, I have recently been reading a copy of Lucid Dreams (by Keith Harvey and Pamela Weintraub) and although I haven’t followed their program to the letter, It has provided me with a broad based overview of techniques and ideas that have ultimately proved quite useful.

Can anyone tell me if their lucid dreams increased in frequency and quality immediately following their first experience, or was their a long, protracted period of trial and error?

Aww who cares anyway… I’m a very happy man who this very morning, popped his Lucid Cherry…

Catch you in the ether…

Well I think this is something that varies from person to person. Personally, my first LD didn’t make it that much easier to get more LDs later, but I hope it will help when I sooner or later will master the WILD technique.

Congratulations shanx,

hmmmm, my first ld was pure spontaneous one…and then it took half a year to have one spntaneous again…then i began reading about it and the next one was within a month and then it was soon several times a week…
But i think it will be different for everyone…so find out! :happy:

Jeff

Hmmm… Yes… MmmmHmmm… Oh… UhHuh…

I really do not know where idea of easier lds come from.It seems for me as a kind of myth-after first,second,third ld it will get easier.Doubt it a lot:(:(:frowning:

I have heard this opinion many times…but never heard more than 2-3 ppl confirming it.Lds seem to come and go and only in case of natural lders it becomes more stable and vivid.But they are special kind of ppl and its not the case.
There is an emotion coming along with every ld you have"wow,now i know,now ill have them easier!!"…sadly…its rarely happening.
Can someone agree or disagree on this?Is there someone who has only progress?
ps.Of course on the beginning theres a jumpstart which causes more stable lds because of less emotions we put towards something we got to know yet.But thats it.

My first LD was spontaneous. It was a DILD. After that I had them something like once per month… The first few were more or less spontaneous, only after a time I started to have them on purpose. It’s been nearly half a year now, and this last month I’ve been experimenting a lot with this stuff and already had four in the last two weeks.

Eventually it gets easier once you know what to look for and what to do, but it takes a lot of practice, time, patience and motivation. At least for me it was this way, a long period of trials and errors.

Yeah Sputnik,

I think that motivation is the most important thing to become lucid…and a big dosage of discipline…

:happy: Jeff