Afraid of LDing

This morning, I slept for 6 hours, before getting up for 45 mins. I was reading this forum, and read a bit about WILD. Then I tried to do a WILD. Got to the stage where dream images started to form. I even had a semi-dream I controlled fully about eating chocolate :cool_laugh: . I was fully aware of my dream-body. I decided to concentrate fully about jumping into the dream world from my state. Then I got these thoughts that it might happen something that might make me afraid me in the dream, I would feel safer in the real word etc. I got so scared that I cancelled the WILD. After a 1-min SP, I awoke fully :grrr: . Well I think I have to work on this fear. I didn’t even know that I had this fear. Do you have any suggestions about what I can do with this fear?

…aaargh… :scream: I was SOOOO close to my first WILD ever!

Just never wade through murky, waist-deep water in a dream and you should be fine… Oops, that probably didn’t help…

Maybe it’d be better if we all told our worst lucid experiences. For me it’s getting bit by animals. I’ll reach down to pet a dog or something, and it’ll bite into of my hand and not let go. Doesn’t really hurt much, but never fails to end the dream, and I always seem to wake up tired after being bit.

So my suggestion is to realize that bad things can happen in a lucid dream, but to also realize that they’re usually not that bad.

Hmmm, you could call Hypnodude…
"Have no fear Hypnodude is hear…just kidding!

Its the fear for the unknown…
Witch we all have…very normal and healthy!

So the next time it will be a little less unknown to you
So you will have less fear…and so on and on…
If there is really passion in you…you wont stop trying…
and so…you will conquer your fear in the end!

So just walk the path again and succeed…maybe not the next time
but succeed you will!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! It seems like I had this thing only once, and now I have had more “near-WILD-experiences” without backing out so I think I am over it now :smile:

Hi LucidityX1000,

good to hear that you are over it…
It will go better each time you try…

Greetings,
Jeff

Hmm…Did you conquer your fear in a LD? (Wake induced) :grin: hehe

No, not really. I just got over it :smile: And now I am getting more and more success with WILDs. Now the problem is more about stabilizing the LDs I get. I had a absolute lucidity dream this morning, but it was very fuzzy, and it disappeared after 20 minutes. I suppose I wasn’t deep enough into the WILD to hold on it :sad:

And yes, I know all these stuff about prolonging LDs :smile: