Lucid Crossroads at last!

I don’t really understand your problem JustAnotherAJ? :neutral:
The Crossroads “was” intended to be the hub of the lucid dreams and a place that all lucid dreamers could mutually visualise it was not mearly a “Crossroad in a lucid dream.”

You do not “have to learn a whole fantasy landscape” to visit it, when the Crossroads are redone there will be far far more views and movies etc of the Crossroads and its surroundings. This is intended to make the place a much more real and rich experience so it lodges in the mind, its not a maths test you do not need to revise for it.

As for the alterations in the Crossroads its only to be expected, many dreamers have waking reality altered in dreams. For example you may dream of your fmaily but they might look different but inside you know its them and except that in your dream. The most recent visitor to the Crossroads said it looked as it was suppose to and he met the receptionists but his vision was blurred which was probebly due to the water in his eyes from emerging from the center pool.

I hope you do get there JustAnotherAJ but I don’t think its neccecary to cram your mind with the views just look at them from every once in a while. I’m sure it will be better in the “New Crossroads”

Pantalimon

I have questions about this. This whole thing is confusing me. Is the lucid crossroad supposed to be a place where dreamers share a dream at? If I become lucid in a dream, and I go to the lucid crossroads, everything in the lucid crossroads will be from my memory, and everything that happens will be from my mind and experiance. Shared dreaming has always interested me, but ive never seen any real convincing evidence that it can be controlled.
Pantalimon, what proof do you have so far that your crossroads can be used as a meeting point?

It is a nice idea. but there is no proof, its just a ‘pipe dream’ q-:

I never imagined the Crossroads as a place to meet other dreamers - that just doesn’t fit with my beliefs on the matter. Instead, my goal is to get there by myself and try to experience the place exactly as pictured in those 3D images I saw a while back. I’ve been there a few times, and I’ve found that it can be a great way to enhance your ability to change the dreamscape from whereever you find yourself upon gaining lucidity.

I still don’t have a frequent dreamscape, but that would be the exact same thing, really.

I have absolutely no proof VisionDreamz, not a proof that is scientifically proveable as science requires an experiment to be repeatable and as we all know LD’s are very hard to reapeat on order and shared dreams…

I’ve been into parapsycology since I was a kid and I forced myself to take physics with fine art in higher education so I can get stuck into difficult science without getting totally lost. The Lucid Crossroads is based on observations of experiences by LDers and APers on the web and psi research.

Because the westen world only reguards science as the correct way of viewing the universe I’ve tried to push the mechanism behind the crossroads twords science and away from astral realms to the middle ground of psi (extra senses).

This only requires that enogh peoples minds become stimulated enough by a place/subject that they would without knowing flick the switch that could tap into psi. The state of altered conciousness known as lucid dreaming has been used throughout history for magic. Many peoples round the world enter that state in many different ways (think shamans etc) but its all the same thing, on this forum we mainly get there by refining our dreaming lives. Parapsycologists use the ganzfeild (something like that sorry not with my books at mo) method which is a type of sensory deprevation. In this state hightened telepathy and other psi phemonenon increase.

What I think is most likely if two people do meet at the Crossroads is their minds are using the images of the Crossroads which are turned into a lucid dreamas a mere visual prop. The mind can then say “ok I can belive this is happening”. Where as whats really happening is the mind has connected to another via telepathy. Maybe natural telepaths could do this without the elaborate mind created setting of the Crossroads but when you read about psi gifted people you’ll always find that information is given to them in a highly visual and metothorical (sp) way. E.g someone wanting information my go to a giant hall of records where in reality he is reading the mind of another who has that info.

The Crossroads experiment requires that many many dreamers try to reach the Crossroads whilst asleep as possible. I’m hopeing that before the Crossroads is three years old it might get a positive result but that all depends on “alot” of people visiting the place and there are only so many regular LDers. Hopefully when I redesign the whole site to include more to do and make the visuals far better and include more LDing/APing resources on the site it will become more popular and get known by more dreamers round the web.

feeeew did I just write all that rubish? :wink:

You’ve been to the Crossroads Atheist? :eh: I’d really like your accounts of the any experinces there for the website if your willing?

I managed to get there twice. Both times were unexpected, so I didn’t exactly arrange to meet anyone there beforehand. If you still want to hear about how I got there, and what I saw, I’ll write it up when I get some time during the day.

It’s worth noting that the first time was directly after looking at the pictures on your website.

yeh atheist post away… :smile: i’d liek to hear your stories oto…

I tried to get to the crossroads last night in my longest LD ever - and failed completely!

First I tried to make one of those badges materialise. I held up my thumb and a finger close together and imagined the badge materialising there.

Then I put my hand behind my back, imagined it was there, and brought my hand in front of me.

Both of these atempts failed, and so I tried flying there. Only trouble was, I couldn’t remember what it looked like. I flew over what looked like an American town in the 60’s, then got a bit distracted.

Anyway, I’m pleased I remembered to try and find it, for the first time ever!

I’ll try again next time I have an LD.

Good luck with getting to it everyone

Had a few people email me saying that when lucid they couldn’t remember what the Crossroads looks like, but you don’t need to even try that! Infact trying to recall what the Crossroads looks like and straining your brain against the task will only result in you not finding the place and maybe loosing lucidity.

The intent is the “most” important aspect and you managed to remember your intent to reach the Crossroads which is the biggest step. If you remember again when lucid don’t try to recall the look of the place just look for a door. The badge thing is for those that are really good at materialising things, like you I’m not very good at that in an LD. Just relax your mind and say to yourself you will find an entrance to the Lucid Crossroads, your brain will take care of recreating the place when you get there automatically without you conciously straining to do so.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll try it next time.

i once heard on a site about the lucid crossroads that if you can create a door leading there, it makes it alot simpler. I hope to have an LD soon so i can try it out! :grin:

I must admit, it’s not always easy for me to change the environment at will. Sometimes it’s just a matter of opening a door with the desired destination in mind, and other times it takes a long run (or fly) across town. Occasionally, I just can’t get there at all.

I’ve had mixed results with the Crossroads since I first tried to get there after the initial post on this forum quite some months ago.

Here’s an example of when things don’t quite go to plan:

[i]I find myself at my parent’s house, in a room at the back that used to be mine. The entire contents of my bedroom is there, arranged incorrectly, as it usually is when I’m dreaming. The realization that I moved out several months ago triggers an instinctual assessment of my condition. I’m unable to locate a digital clock to perform a reality check (despite almost every object in my room displaying the time to some degree of inaccuracy in real life) - but I’m already confidently lucid, and so abandon my search for traditional verification.

After flicking through a magazine and searching my ‘magic’ drawers, I recall my intention to visit the Crossroads again, in light of a promising experience several months ago. Having never been particularly successful with teleportation before, I pondered over the more frequently suggested methods of travel. I determined that nothing could go seriously wrong with the old and respected ‘magic door’ technique.

I discarded the magazine, and made my way to the door on the other side of the room. I took the handle, and concentrated intensely on the image of a vast, flat desert rolling far into the distance. I pictured 2 sets of levitating chairs, a bunch of majestic trees, and a large blue levitating stone pillar. I’m not entirely sure where that last feature came from, but hell, I knew exactly what I wanted to see.

The handle turned, the door opened, and I wasn’t impressed. My parent’s house continued realistically down the hallway, and around the corner. My attempt hadn’t succeeded, but it’s no big deal, I can always try something else. Persistent as always, I wandered through the house looking for other means of achieving my objective. I was on a mission, and this time I wasn’t going to be distracted by the hundreds of breakable objects littered across every vacant surface.

The thought occurred to me that I might have more luck outside, so I stepped through the back door and into yard. The excessively well-maintained garden that usually occupies the entire yard was replaced by a somewhat daunting jungle. I was fast running out of ideas, time, and patience. In retrospect, it couldn’t have helped that I was beginning to wonder if I was even capable of reaching my objective.

Just then, an idea emerged from one of the more lazy parts of my mind. What if I simply looked at the ground, and ran until the earth turned red with dry desert sand? Sounded like a good idea at the time, and short of closing my eyes and spinning (Or as I like to call it, Lucid Russian Roulette) I was just about out of ideas. So, I bend forward, took a good look at the paved tiles beneath me, and took off across the yard as fast as I could.

Usually bad ideas tend to generate a tingling suspicion in my head that often causes me to reassess the idea for possible danger. This time, however, I can honestly say I was 100% absent minded when ran head-first through one of the glass windows on the deck, and came crashing down onto the path below. Long story short, it didn’t work as well as I’d hoped.

Regardless, I tried again, this time following the path slowly as it descended the hill down towards the garage and out onto the road. I began to see signs that it was working. Just as I passed the gate leading under the house, the ground was starting to become orange. I kept walking, and the dust became more prominent with each step. Soon the entire path was coated with dry, red sand. Not wanting to ruin it, I decided that I wouldn’t look up until I was sure the environment had changed successfully.

To test it, I reached out blindly to where the side of the house was just moments before. Unfortunately, it was still there. I looked up, slightly disappointed, and found that I was indeed still in my yard. The sand remained, but I was no closer to reaching the Crossroads.

Not wanting to waste any more time, I wandered out into the street to have some fun before it was too late.[/i]

Does anyone have any other ideas for how to reliably change the dreamscape?

I hope you get there too DN, look at the Crossroads dreams archeive as there has been abit of activity getting there recently. Page can be found here mysite.freeserve.com/LucidCrossroads/dream.htm

Atheist, I’d recommend what CCHawk did in the latest attempt to reach the Crossroads, you can read his latest account at the dream archeive but heres the extract that is relevant to getting there.

As you can see he opened the door and instead of thinking oh dam he closed the door refocused and then tried again.

At the moment I’m working on the revamp of the whole site, Its taking ages cause I’m doing it properly this time, I have millions of sketch books and note pads of stuff. One of the methods I will be recommending is

1. Get yourself outside in your LD, doesn’t matter where it is.

2. Bend down and put your face near the ground, look at the textures of the grass or surface you see there and touch it with your hand. This will also increase your lucidity.

3. Close your eyes and think of the hot sun on your back and neck, imagine that your thouching the orange sandstone desert of the Crossroads floor. Open your eyes and you very well could be there!

I must admit the crossroads is a cool site. I have been able to visit it exactly the way it is pictured. The other thing I always do is as soon as I get Lucid I come here and deepen Lucidity. Thanks for the site.

3. Close your eyes and think of the hot sun on your back and neck, imagine that your thouching the orange sandstone desert of the Crossroads floor. Open your eyes and you very well could be there!

When you close your eyes don’t many people wake up then?

I don’t know about many other people but when I close my eyes I usually don’t wake up.

Has anyone ever been to the lucid crossroads?I think that will be my next thing to do in a LD. What is it like, and how far did you get? I would like to try going under the pool.

Area 51, I merged your topic to the older topic, so you will have a lot to read.
I wonder why it was posted in dream diaries, since it doesn’t really belong here.
I will move it to beyond dreaming at a later date

edit … I suppose it does LUCID Crossroads :ack:

This is so cool, Im really excited to try this tonight. I dont have to work tomorow, so Ill try… WILD, WBTB, and a morning nap. I cant wait to see the place. Im going to go to the sight now, and hopfully Ill be abale to visulize it while doing WILD, and WBTB.